Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This isn't a feature, it's a new AA method which will run on any DX11 GPU. I'm hoping that they'll add it to the drivers later (if that's even possible but at a glance I don't see anything that would stop them from doing this).

2. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Thanks.

3. benqbiggis

benqbiggis Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 580
    this driver wont install even with modded inf in windows 8 CP

4. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    yes.i also tried different nfo files and even tried to edit myself with no luck. maybe someone will figure this out later.

5. benqbiggis

benqbiggis Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 580
    we need wait nvidia release a 301.xx driver for win 8 or someone mod a inf for win 8

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Can someone else please check with FXAA enabled via the game profile works in GTA IV for them? I've tried it and FXAA is clearly worked as MSI Afterburner's OSD has the tell-tale signs of blurring, but when I try to load the game, I get the loading screens, but the game never finishes loading. If I call up Task Manger, it shows the game isn't responding. I should get my GTX 680 tomorrow and will try it with that but I doubt it'll work either.

I've tested FXAA with Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (OpenGL), Dead Space 2 (DX9) and NFS: The Run (DX11) and it works fine in those games.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Driver-level FXAA works fine here in GTA4 on 680. Haven't played much but didn't noticed any problems. It's entirely possible that driver's FXAA isn't ready for anything less than Kepler for now.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It seems to be working right now on my GTX 580 using a modded INF to install the 300.10 drivers.

TXAA will also be supported on Fermi cards too from what I've read so there's no need to buy a Kepler card for the new driver features as they'll work on the 500 series.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Oh, that's good to hear. Thanks for posting that. :D

How are you finding your GTX 680 then? And what card did you upgrade from... an HD 6950?

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    So this Adaptive vsync, is this the framelimiter they said would be implemented? Sounds buggy (no surprise), I might stick with what I have for a bit, let them release a few more drivers and work out the kinks.

11. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    No, adaptive vsync works just like normal vsync when framerate equals the monitor refresh rate, but as soon as framerate drops from that, it disables vsync to avoid stuttering and improve responsiveness.

Framerate limiter just limits the framerate to whatever value you want, but doesn't avoid tearing.

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    This adaptive vsync sounds like it would cause stuttering using those methods.

I saw a user posted it wasn't working for crysis 2 but worked for a different game. But that was with "half refresh rate of monitor" does the other option work better?

It sounds like a really neat feature. I'd like to try it but not if it heats my card an additional 10C or makes games stutter, etc.

13. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Anyone getting stuttering in BF3 with these drivers?

14. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    It worked on all games I've tried, including Crysis 2.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The V-Sync option before just had two settings: On and Off (as well as Use application setting)

Now it has four (as well as the Use application setting):

On/Off - As before
    Adaptive - Soft v-sync effectively with potential screen tearing/lag reduction when the framerate dips below the refresh rate of the display
    Adaptive (half refresh rate) - This setting caps the game, for example, at 30 fps on a 60 Hz display. It works as a framerate limiter in that respect but doesn't allow you to set, say, 40 or 50 fps.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I dont mind 30fps, though this option will def. be sweet for 120hz monitor owners for sure. I'll install these, what the heck, I can always go back. Thanks for the replies guys.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The card is really nice, pretty quiet for the speed it provides (even comparing to 7970), can't say anything bad about it. I'm not sure that I'd want to pay $500 for this card though - same as with 7970 I think that it's way too overpriced right now. A $400 would be a much better deal for it.

I haven't upgraded, got it for testing, will be returning it later. Comparing to my 470 (factory OC'ed to 650/1300) it's mostly +50-100% across most of games - a very healthy boost (although I'm hitting a CPU limit with 680 way too often - a new revision of X79 can't come soon enough...).

Haven't tried it myself yet but I'd imaging that it'll cause not stuttering but variations in control lag which may be even worse to some.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  18. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    But limiter remove input lag. Adaptive vsync is crap, d3doverrider vsync+limiter still much better.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I think you did put it the wrong way in the context above.
    Tearing occurs when the framerate is higher than the displays refresh rate, so to reduce tearing the framerate is limited to stay at and below that refresh rate.
    With exception that adaptive v-sync disables v-sync when fps drops below, that to avoid to high an fps drop.
    You can still use it with triple buffering btw., so should give best of both worlds.

Lag reduction?
    If you mean input lag, that fully depends on the display, some got an overdrive module or other tech to minimize or even have zero input lag, like most 3D Vision ready displays.
    But I guess your talking mouse lag and not what goes between the graphic card and display?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  20. S3rgin

S3rgin Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX2080Ti FE
    Guys,

I know this is not the "right place" but just a quick input.

I'm using this driver (MODDED) with the GT 540M on a Alienware M11xR3.

Haven't played with the TXAA yet, but the new Adaptive V-Sync works wonders.

I saw no screen tearing and felt no input lag while gaming.

I tried it with SSFIV:AE, Space Marine, DE:HR and CoD: MW3.

Cheers.