AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.951.1 March 3rd) Win V/7/8 Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Mar 16, 2012.

1. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    Crashes when loading BF3 on 6990

2. SamuelMaki

SamuelMaki Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gigabyte 670 OC
    It opens AMD PowerXpress for me (I have 2 amd cards, integrated 4200 and 5650...)

3. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    Fantastic drivers. Bad Company 2 runs perfecT in crossfire (8.96 not). Quadbuffer is supported (to play stereoscopic) like a previous versions, and all runs nice.

Thanks Marthand and AMD!!11!!!. Im Waiting for 7990 :p.

4. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Member

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680SLI
    But will it play BF3 in Crossfire...nope.

5. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Thank you, Marthand. I really appreciate your releases, especially now that Windows 8 is public and 100% compatible drivers are hard to come by at the moment.

Also, may I suggest that 15-20 minutes is not a very long time to wait? At least it never used to be. Marthand helps us out by providing these drivers for us. Let's help him out by supporting him. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Aside from not having CIM and .dll files required for AB to work properly, this set actually works fine (for me).
    Not as bloated as the previous leaked set (8.960) too.

CCC (still) can't start properly on Windows start up (CLIStart.exe doing nothing), but that's least of my concern.
    It's also able to run through WinSAT video playback tests without crashing, unlike (IIRC) 12.1 WHQL and 12.2 WHQL.
    Flash videos are still green with hardware acceleration (which weren't on 11.12 WHQL).
    And unless using external renderer like madVR, WMP and MPC-HC (EVR Custom) can't properly play bog standard XviD files (a.k.a. black/blank video).

7. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    ROFL, strait to the point and funny as f**k, i think your saying what everyone else is too scared to say, big lols.

8. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Member

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680SLI
    I saw quite a few people saying BF3 Crossfire=instant crash but I went ahead and installed after seeing Benchmark3D results and got the instant crash. These drivers are probably good for single GPU but useless for Crossfire. Not a knock against Marthand, his driver posts are pretty much the only reason I visit this forum :)

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, so that's why "12.3" (9.50.x) did not start CCC.exe properly but instead you had to start it yourself (Not needed as such but does help to initiate custom settings and profiles, fan speed for example.) however WinSAT performance test has worked OK and still does and Flash player works just fine (11.2 beta though.) with hardware acceleration enabled.
    (I do use MPC-HC 1.6.x something but that doesn't affect web content.)

Nice to know. :)
    (Other than that CCC thing - which I now understand a bit better - these and the 9.50.x drivers have been just fine, unfortunately it seems a lot of people get that Crossfire issue, hopefully ATI/AMD has it sorted out properly before releasing the actual driver, these being just a early leaked build of them although for all I know they could actually be in release candidate stage already so I shouldn't say anything.)

10. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  12. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Boring review. Wish there was something to compare to on Windows 8 for 7xxx series cards.

13. emottier

emottier Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6700M+Intel HD3000
    Switcable Graphics

Does not work for me with HD Intel+AMD Radeon HD 6700M.
    Yellow triangle on AMD Radeon annd CCC says it cannot use the AMD Radeon.

But your right, an Icon is now available for switchable graphics.

I tried also Driver Sweeper and CCleaner before reinstalling. Nope.:bang:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  14. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Just for the sake of knowing, what are the names of those DLL files to make AB work? since 12.2 Overcloking doesnt work on my 4650 Mobility. I use Rivatuner for OC but without those files, its imposible to make it work.

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    atipdlxx.dll

Just copy it into your AB folder.

16. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    This driver package doesn't have Intel drivers.

Solution is to install the latest driver available for your laptop (install only the display driver) and then install this package over that.

Switchable will work!

17. DeLVekk

DeLVekk Guest

GPU:
    6950 2GB
    Cmon AMD!! :D
    Still waiting for better performance when MSAA is enabled (6900/6800 series)
    Please :banana:

18. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I see you already uploaded it to jumbofiles, but why doesn't anyone seem to use Mediafire? Best choice for file sharing imo

Because BF3 is the only reason for people to own a PC...

I don't play BF3, and I have no plans to ever purchase it (screw Origin). In any case, these drivers seem to work fine with the other games I tried

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  19. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    @Espionage724
    Its one of the few games that desperatly needs a performance fix for crossfire users. I won't name others since thats offtopic. If you don't even play it, nor own a crossfire setup so you could understand our "rage", don't mock on people who do so.

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Sorry, I really wasn't intentionally trying to mock on people (but re-reading my post seems like I was).

To re-phrase what I meant, I don't find the drivers to be garbage at all, and worked fine for other games I've tried (but I didn't try BF3 since I don't play it)