RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Deadpsace 2 doesnt have its own profile? really? im surprised.....i bought it on a holiday sale and havent got around to playing it yet...

It uses the Dead/Visceral engine, not Evolution Engine (Darkness 2s engine).....dantes inferno uses it as well...

Spacemarine uses a modified Watchman (Darksiders) engine called Phoenix...so im not surprised its wonky...try some other profiles for games by Relic who modified the engine.

Drop a post in the CCAP thread and perhaps someone might now what the best profile to use is, maybe Asder00 already knows one.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  2. johnn1246

johnn1246 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    Hey guys, i recently wanted to start playing borderlands again, but i kept getting some runtime error, so i tried the Radeon Pro and got this..

[​IMG]
    (doesnt even fit my screen)

Followed by:
    [​IMG]

I've downloaded/reinstalled:

Borderlands
    ATI Catalyst
    Radeon Pro
    Microsoft C++ (2005-2008)
    PhysX

Every other steam game works perfectly fine but this, and i really want to play again, any suggestions? thanks.

3. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Are you forcing an AA profile?

4. Rock8GJHS

Rock8GJHS Guest

GPU:
    ATI /Radeon HD5670/1024
    I tried adding this on the Sims 3 forums but received no help and my thread got lost with the others, so I'm adding this here since everyone here are well informed about this program and use it for their games.

I just recently started playing the sims 3 game even though I bought it in 2009. I played the game for two days recently and I only installed the base game and updated to the latest patch. I did some research and found out the problem concerning Vsnyc and sims 3. I have an ATI Radeon 5670 graphic card. Since this card does not have Vsync I downloaded fraps to check the framerate. When I checked my Sims 3 game with fraps it was running the game over 900 fps and more, sometimes reaching over 1000 frame rate per second.

I quit the game and downloaded Radeonpro for ATI/AMD graphic cards. My problem is how do I add Sims 3 to Radeonpro and what settings should I use. What file in programs under Computer/OS(C /Program Files x86/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Game/Bin should I add to Radeonpro.There are a number of folders and then files such as S3Launcher, Sims3Launcher, Sims3LauncherW, TS3,TS3W and TSLHelper. I only have the base game installed updated to the latest patch 1.32.

I would greatly appreciate the help of anyone using this program in their game. I am not a tech person and do not understand the settings. I also do not understand the CCC of the ATI graphics panel.

I can't play my game until I enable Vsync. Also what settings should I use in radeonpro, should I enable anti aliasing too.

5. johnn1246

johnn1246 Guest

GPU:
    If you're talking to me...well i don't know..im a real noob in this sort of tech stuff and whatnot

6. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Did you select anything here?

[​IMG]

7. johnn1246

johnn1246 Guest

GPU:
    No i did not, im looking at it now, should i add borderlands.exe to the AA side or CFX?

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    download MSI Afterburner and use the FPS limiter, that will have the same effect as Vsync for you purposes...

9. johnn1246

johnn1246 Guest

GPU:
    I'm getting this now

[​IMG]

10. johnn1246

johnn1246 Guest

GPU:
    Okay...dunno how i got it working...but it is!

Thanks for the help

11. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Adaptive Multi-Sample AA & Super-sample AA

Hey guys.

Since the last driver its been possible to enable Adaptive Multi-Sample AA & Super-sample AA for dx10 and dx11 apps with 7xxx cards.

How exactly do I get this to work for a game.

For example BF3, I have set ingame MSAA to x2MSAA.
    Now what settings do I need to tick/enable whatever to get Adaptive MSAA to be applied aswell ????

I have obviously ticked the 'Anti-Aliasing Mode' box and set the slider to 'Adaptive' - but I notice it doesn't appear to add anything to the [] section across the bottom which usually shows what tweaks you've made to the profile.

eg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help most appreciated.
    PS I have tried to tick 'Anti-Aliasing' box then 'Enhance app settings' but all that does is add the command [EQAA=1] and ticking/unticking the 'Anti-Aliasing mode' and moving the slider 'Multi-sample-Adaptive-Supersample' doesn't appear to change anything.
    Same for 'Override setting'

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you will mostl ikely need to force it through CCC, as that feature did not exsist when RP was last updated...

13. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Hmmm its been a feature for a long time though, but just for DX9.
    Now DX10/11 support has been added.

Okay so if I want to force this through CCC, would I make an Application Profile for BF3.exe with the setting enabled ? but will this conflict with my RadeonPro profile for BF3.exe ? (which contains important settings i need like FlipQueue 0 and Triplebuffering on)

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    honestly, i havent a clue, but i would think CCC would override RP...

i meant dx10/dx11 wasnt an option, so RP wasnt built to take advantage of it...as in it might disable force AA if it detects dx10/dx11

15. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Just thought I'd pop by and correct myself.

The MSAA- Adaptive and Supersampling setting DOES INFACT WORK when enabled from within RadeonPro, its just it doesn't show any info across the bottom of the Profile like it does when other tweaks are made.
    (Just look at my screenies as few post back you'll see what i mean)

I have just confirmed that setting the 'Anti-Aliasing mode' to 'Adaptive' or 'Supersample' works in DX11 game BF3 :banana:

The 'Adaptive mode is best as its great IQ with minimal fps hit. 'Supersample' takes a big hit.

When set to 'Adaptive' it really cleans up all the fences and shimmering wires in the game.
    (Note ingame MSAA needs to be enabled for it to work)

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I cannot get OSD to work at all, and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or not :/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, render mode overlay is broke too...

18. Eiji

Eiji Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    No settings are working for me when using RadeonPro with Cat 12.2 drivers. Is this normal? Settings work fine through CCC.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its hit or miss...I cant get anything working for Starcraft II, but ME3 works fine...

I guess it might be time to switch to ATI Tool Tray...

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Is there an equivalent of nVidia Inspector? This program is just too outdated now and lacked the options of Inspector to begin with. That alone is a big reason to switch back to nVidia for my next card, I always just went with the best bang for the buck but lacking control is a huge issue... that and the drivers, oh sweet Science those drivers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.