NVIDIA GeForce 296.10 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Mar 13, 2012.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yet it is broken isnt it ?

2. nomec

nomec Active Member

Set the AA behavior flag to "none." For some reason the new drivers introduced a "mass effect 3" value but it doesn't allow you to force AA. The second I turned that to none, AA started working when forced.

Maybe someone else can verify but I am pretty sure that's the case.

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    And you did get 2D clock down issue before, say, at 75Hz?

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is it? I don't know about now but it was working fine when I had my HD 5870 CFX setup pre-November 2010. MLAA isn't as effective or efficient as FXAA but at least AMD managed to include a new AA option long before NVIDIA have. That in itself is disappointing, considering NVIDIA have always been one step ahead of AMD usually when it comes to features (IMO).

5. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    Does anyone else think that Skyrim looks worse with this set? I seem to be seeing more shadow flickering and other things, could be that I'm nit picking though and never noticed before.

6. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    DX11 broken in Battleforge with all 295-296 drivers (driver stop responding after 5 sec of game). Do someone know how to fix it?

7. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    1st time i am experiencing a strange thing, and i will try to explain this , i hope someone can name this.

Firefox 11 and a youtube video open playing, VLC player playing at background /or paused. Suddenly system goes in to matrix slow motion, keyboard mouse not working but i can hear youtube video sound in slowmotion. Youtube video screen is Green . This goes 15+ - 30+secs sometimes and i see a exclamation sign ([​IMG]) on the systray, even if i click on it its disappearing, windows aero closing, and opening again. Have the latest flashplayer from adobe (not beta). After this happend i checked msi afterburner logs and see %100 gpu usage at that period.

Any ideas? and yes this driver win7 64.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  8. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    when I try to output to my tv with custom resolution i get "your monitor doesn't support this resolution" error

290.53 and all before it worked fine
    any solutions?

9. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    TDR?

-scheherazade

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hy there...
    u should at least wrote also that the C1 Flag only WORKS for these Resolutions:

BetA

11. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
  12. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

It's coming back in the next driver, stop crying.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I didn't write it. But since you're being helpful, what flag would one use for say 1920X1080?

14. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    thx alot @scheherazade, i googled TDR and found some usefull links. And yes 1st time happening to me. (And almost 2 hours and no TDR even if vlc , utube etc is open always.)

@BetA thx, i was about to go crazy why C1 for ME3 not working for me :p

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  15. Dolfan269

Dolfan269 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    Nope, no driver has had this issue for me (aside from at 120Hz).

16. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    i guess teh one im using..cause im forced to 1600x900..and my flag should work for all resolutions..

[​IMG]

thats the Bits i use and my settings..

greetz Beta

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hehe, no prob mate..
    me too..i also was short before going crazy..i thought im stupid..till i found out that teh C1 bits are only for certain Resolutions..

greetz BetA

18. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    Just like with 295.73, 296.10 continues to have the same issue with media playback, a 1 second black screen when playing / exiting media. Back to 290.53.

19. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Yeah i used this flag in Demo and it worked great 8xmsaa + 4xssaa + SMAA1.2 = :D

I found 1 screenshot from demo, its not the best example but you can see its working :)
    [​IMG]

20. BoobPhysics101

BoobPhysics101 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570 2.56 GB 960/2300
    No, it doesn't. Try not to spread misinformation. C1 and C10 flag both work for SGSSAA at any resolution. I've used C1 and C10 at 1080p, 1440p, etc.

However, C10 flag will also allow supersampling (like 2x2 OGSSAA) whereas C1 only enables SGSSAA.

And as far as I know, the ME1 and ME2 bits do not enable any kind of AA on ME3. Not MSAA, not transparency super sampling AA, nothing. People keep reporting they do but I haven't seen picture proof. I have experimented with the ME1/ME2 bits and they do absolutely nothing.

I'd love to see proof that the ME1/ME2 bits give us MSAA and TrSSAA support, as that should provide better performance/IQ balance.