G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Been using Static Mesh Improvement since I got back into Skyrim, was one of the first mods I installed... great stuff.

2. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    No love here for that

Same here

Really?

3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @Static Mesh Mod

Agreed - I stop and stare at the drawbridge chains every time I go into Whiterun...and the barrels, oh the lovely, lovely barrels.

:banana:

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Wait so does this modify in-game textures of the game? cause im using the flora hd mod, high res clothing, and the official dlc texture pack and i am OUT of VRAM :'(.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It changes Meshes of Objects from either 2D to 3D or enhances the current 3D Model.

Some of his models come with his own HD Texture and cannot be changed because of the mesh changes.

Barrels for example can be installed with the Vanilla Textures thru a custom setup in NMM.

So you should be safe to us it :)

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Maybe peoople just want to play as someone they can't relate to so that it feels more like a character, plus I hate dressing up guys ;)

[​IMG]

ps.

Anyone looking for a first person (esp based) horse riding mod could try this one as it seems to work well, I'm using the simple version A file with a resolution of 1920x1200.

First Person Horse Riding - Version 7 by Dan Caldwell

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10122

Image:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
  7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I wonder whatever happend to the news about Patch 1.5 :( I want my Archer Kill Moves :>

Oh btw BlackZero, wasn't there some Mod called Real First Person for Skyrim? For some reason i can't find it anywhere anymore.

Was gonna give it a go.

8. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
  9. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD

10. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yes, it's the one linked by Whiplashwang, but as it's till got many bugs I haven't really taken the time to see how well it works.

It's called Beautiful Whiterun.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12110

And another interesting mod.

Little Barons Interior Decorating aka LB-ID

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12643

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Thanks for the heads up on Beautiful Whiterun mod.
    Just put it in. Very nice.
    I have to assume that you are using a DOF mod.
    I prefer my back grounds "crisper".

[​IMG]

12. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all looking for input on enchanting, ive just spent the last 5hours shooting dears and filling soul gems to get my enchanting up to lv100 and im now ready to put two enchantments per items i use,

i play as a single hand weapon and single handed magic NPC, and wear light elven armor, im level 43 and run in master difficulty with a few other mods to make it harder and well at the moment i get my ass woop by just about everything so its time i sorted the enchantment

ok so what setup for a one handed / mage type player do u advise if i was to enchant all armour and weapons in my situation?

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Been playing with all kinds of Lighting Mods the last 2 hours and nothing feels right :<

Guess i go Vanilla with sunny night :p

14. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    is smithing broke?

i have made four items with 28% smithing upgrading enhancements on each which in my calc equals 112% then i have a piece of armor that is rated 51 and i ware all four pieces of 28% smithing upgrading items and then go to the upgrade bench and go to apply the legendary upgrade status to fine the stats of the armor is only 92 not the correct 108?

why is this?

ps i have 100 perks in smithing so its not this?

15. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Forget that you had magic on offhand, and just get +one hand dmg and magic resist.

Only thing that magic on your offhand is doing is keeping you from blocking with a shield.

Unless your mods completely change the way magic works then you need to specify what your mods does.

16. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

i basically use the off hand to heal and the magic shield, i played with a shield last play though as it was **** i dint like it, ive also done dual weapon and dint like it either and two hand is to slow for me, so u=i should just get enchantments to increase magic resistance and increase weapon damage..

i cant do none of this till i make my new armor but for some reason its not working right, read post above for more info

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

ok the above was with heavy dragon armor so i had idea to try it with light armor and got more weird results and dont know why

hide armor base rating = 32
    upgrade to legendary = 64
    legendary + 112% items = 98

WTF. who did the math in this game

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I've just finished testing a very useful utility that will convert most texture files to more optimised formats and reduce overall texture sizes/ graphics card ram usage with little to no loss in image quality. This will especially be of help to people struggling with vram/texture size limitations or those who like to use large numbers of texture mods.

Using this utility I was able to reduce my graphics card memory usage by 100-200MB. This should result in increased performance with lower levels of stutter for most people running the DLC texture pack along with other texture mods. Be sure to backup your textures folder. For optimum results it's recommended to keep all your texture mods as unpacked or loose files within the Skyrim/Data/textures folder. Checkout the video below.

Textures Optimizer by AdPipino

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12801

Description:

[​IMG]

Video:

[​IMG]

Press play button to view

Settings used and reduction in textures folder size:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

List of mods in use:

[​IMG]

Download original Video

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  20. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    If you want to use restoration offhand, then going for 1h dmg with 28% off resto magic is not bad either. You will be bit squishier against magics, so you have to adjust it accordingly but then again you do gain infinite healing. There was a stone that gives you magic resist, along with some mara temple quest that gives you 15% flat bonus to magic resist. Stuff like that will be necessary.

Only thing I can think of is that say, you are trying to improve elven armor, but you did not pick up the elven smithing perk (which seems unlikely since you mentioned it was dragonbone armor, which you need a perk to even craft one).

That or the math is broken because bethesda is pro at alternative reality math.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.