AMD Catalyst 12.2/3 (8.950.0 February 14) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Pretty much I think you're right... Right now, the core clock is @900Mhz and Afterburner shows me Voltage 1.031. ASIC Quality 71%. When I saw those extreme artifacts in Skyrim, I ran again EVGA SCanner and got 10.000 in seconds :S Something is wrong with Afterburner and CCC... I don't remember if I had Overdrive enabled too.

I thought instantly my card broke... I'll bumb the voltage to 1.037 and I'll let it there. Meanwhile, yesterday I played 2 hours BF3 with core clock 1000Mhz and Voltage 1.068. All went fine... If I bump only core clock at 1000Mhz, I can't start BF3... I get instant driver crash, but that's normal, I think.

P.S. The EVGA OC Scanner is working normally. I don't know about other utilities by them.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. djsatane

djsatane Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 6990
    Ever since 12.1 and now 12.2 when I install/clean install either 12.2 on my 6990, CCC loads but the overdrive panel does not do anything, I can set defaults or change fan speed and click apply but actual button will not even flash and all the settings I choose will untick and never work. Going back to 11.12 drivers is currently my only solution and everything works fine on 11.12.... This is horrible because I love to have control of fan speeds through overddrive but with 12.xx drivers so far none of that works on my hd 6990. Quite sad state of affairs at AMD with these 12.xx drivers.

Oh and back with 12.1 drivers the fan would not even go up by itself(I did not hear it at all rev up) even after my card hit 80C.... so I am not gonna risk keeping these drivers installed if I cant set specific fan speed through overddrive...

3. gaul

gaul Active Member

GPU:
    link for 2 file plz ?? upload plz ?

atipdl64.dll and atipdlxx.dll

4. Marcin89

Marcin89 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    I installed drivers twice and still geting some OpenCL.dll error
    [​IMG]

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0y3p3d530ilh1ue

Those are from 12.1 WHQL.

You might want to try including them before installation so that the installer does the rest of the work registering the files properly in Windows.
    Or copy the .dll files from an already installed set.
    Personally I've found that simply extracting them and renaming them from the installer package didn't work well.

Anyway, regarding Catalyst driver sets behaving like an unfinished product, that's nothing new. =b

6. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Ya right waste of time need to ctrl alt to finally get it to load and then block pixels all over the place. It appears I spend more time installing ati sh!t driver than gaming. Poor real poor. I have to laugh now when they show pictures of games when installing drivers .... you got to be kidding me.

http://imageshack.us/f/17/tesv2012030907052339.jpg/

Regards

7. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    Can any one tell me what is kdbsync.exe running all the time after installing driver. Should I disable it?

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    QFT. :p

According to some people on another thread, it's from the Advanced Video Transcoding thing; dunno really.
    I've never installed anything from the set except for the graphics driver, CIM, and CCC.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    for people still having oc issues, just start AB with the /xcl switch, should work the same as the racerx utility. works with 7xxx series as well

per unwinder:

"/XCL eXtends Clock Limits for official AMD overclocking APIs. Which means that it also extends clock limits for CCC or any other other vendor specific tool using official overclocking interfaces provided by AMD. Considering that it is using official AMD overclocking interface, it is compatible with ULPS. This method is equal to flashing new VGA BIOS with extended Overdrive clock limits.
    However, this method uses hidded VGA BIOS emulation debug feature of Catalyst driver. Once AMD decide to remove it from driver, it will stop working. It is also necessary to re-extend clock limit after driver re-installation because VGA bios emulator resides in Catalyst registry entries.

Unofficial overclocking uses old undocumented "hole" in AMD driver, which allows to re-program PowerPlay table and bypass Overdrive clock limits. AMD used this unofficial interface in the past for their internal AMDGPUClockTool. Currently the "hole" is not supported by AMD in any way, it is incompatible with some AMDs own power saving technologies (ULPS), it has many side effects due to "nice" AMD programming skills (such as resetting fan speed and powertune to defaults, etc, etc)."

10. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC
    i just got my 7950 setup, fresh install with these drivers.. games are working okay so far, but im noticing some corruption horizontal static lines if i sit at the WoW login screen.. i can see them flicker once in a while. i turned off oc on the card lines still there , not all the time but flicker on and off. are these not recommended for 7950 users?

11. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    lol !!
    - Kingdoms of Amalur -

Catalyst 12.1 : 60 fps
    Catalyst 12.2 : 120 FPS!! lol

12. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Bro, I use alt-tab all the time, and NOT have graphical problems. Your problem is not a universal problem, is a problem with your Windows/Catalyst.
    Catalyst 12.2 is the fastest driver in a long time. Kingdoms of Amalur gain 60fps after 12.2 WHQL! :)

13. DeFade

DeFade Guest

GPU:
    SapphireToxic R9 280X 3GB
    These are by far the worst drivers I've tried yet for BF3. Not even maintaining 60 fps...

14. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Installed these with my new ASUS Direct CU II 7970 TOP videocard, everything is running fine, I don't see anything wrong

Get around 50-60FPS with 4x edge detect on and Adaptive AA turned on at 1920x1080 in skyrim, and get 130-180FPS in L4D2 (Only games I have tried so far) which is a downright VAST improvement too my 6970, which would only get 20-35FPS Skyrim and 60-90FPS L4D2

15. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    yep, I got the same flashing blocks in skyrim. the way I got rid of it was completely disable AA and instead check FXAA in skyrim options

16. hispanico

hispanico Member

GPU:
    HD 5870
    I unistall again and also with drive sweeper clean my system Installed 12.2 but same problem after 5/6 minutes BF3 crash... (is not a problem of adsl because test ping during play).
    uhmmm i don't understand where is the problem and because with 8.921.5 this problem not appear...

Hispanico

17. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    I am not playing on multiplayer, but in single player, for me, BF3 is running awesome!
    CFG in ULTRA MODE minus AA.

In METRO, the first scene, 178 fps!
    In the first scene in the city, 78-88 fps, without artifacts or stuttering! For me, Catalyst 12.2 is MARVELOUS!:heh:
    In the "heavy" part of the first mission in the city, I have 45/55 fps.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  18. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Hi!
    CFX here and nothing wrong with the game graphics. Same with BF3 and Kingdoms of Amalur. For me, these Catalyst make miracles! lol

19. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I get the flashing in skyrim too, but its an engine glitch, not a driver glitch

You know what I am talking about, its when you are walking around, and the screen keeps flashing bands of grey, and you hear the sound like you just jumped into some deep water and under it, does it rapid fire

There's area's I can reproduce it easily, did it with my 6970 and does it with my new 7970, I just chalk that up to an engine glitch

20. wazups2x

wazups2x Active Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    Actually that is caused from getting "too high" of frames. I had the same problem and it was extremely annoying.

I recommend using FPS Limiter and capping your frames at 60 FPS. That compltely fixed all of the physics and flashing glitches in Skyrim for me.