Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    sadly that's their goal i bet. i think they should be trying to appease the loyal true BF fans ... make the cod mapack the second one, not the first.

3. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    You forgot about Back to Karkand :D

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Any of these have a nice single-player to them? =(

5. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    So basically the true Battlefield content won't be out until fall.

**** this CQ bull****.

- PR-0927

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ya, big mistake releasing the cod style content first! very dissapointing to say the least ...

7. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    The words "Battlefield" and "Close quarters" really don't work together.

Can't say i'm at all hyped about the 1st DLC pack at all.

8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    By releasing new content some which the real BF fans don't want and making you pay for it while ignoring the fact that the game still has significant issues. Yup Dice are really showing their on going commitment to 'the fans.'

As for the video of close quarters, well all I could think of whilst watching it is Counter Strike, only with out the skill, easy responsive controls, the hit what you aim at shooting and the fact that while they showed people actually using guns against each other any game that has the words, enclosed map and BF3 in its description will also have the words, RPG spamming noobs.

The largest map ever in BF3 sounds interesting, EXCEPT. Having spent most my time playing infantry it means I have very few Armour unlocks which I am guessing will put me at a serious disadvantage on a map that is focused on Armour on Armour combat.

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    yeah i have no armour unlocks either so pointless to get the Armour one, the Close Quarters one sounds like everything i currently hate about BF3, maybe the 3rd one will be ok.

The hit detection is currently just wrecking my head, i had to stop playing for a while as its infuriating.

10. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    close quarters blehh

11. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Can anyone advise what to do with the constant disconnecting? I have updated PunkBuster now 3 times and still keep getting disconnected

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Guess I'm the only one looking forward to the close quarters.

I know it is not BF, but I don't care as I love the infantry only combat in BF3.

In BF1942 it was all about tanks and vehicles because the infantry combat was a laggy pile of crap and there was no other alternative. BF2 was not much better in this regard.

I loved vehicles in '42 but in BF3 it is just spammy bombastic rubbish tbh. And the unlocks? gtfo.

Close quarters might just get me to play BF3 again without getting those pesky vehicles spamming all the time.

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I also enjoy the Infantry only combat in BF3, aside from random M320 and RPG spamming. It kinda feels like "CoD: The Skilled Edition".

It's also kinda consistent aside from the nade spamming, a good player can stand his ground against hordes of enemies.

Rush city maps are great for this, objectives, few vehicles and lots of infantry.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I enjoy infantry just as much as vehicle warfare in bf3 and the good news is the big patch that lowers rpg/noobtube damage to infantry will hit before the close combat dlc.

I think a good mix of maps is great and look forward to seeing the large ones also in the 2nd dlc.

Lets hope the winter pack has some snowy maps :3

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    We really need to step back a bit and think about this..

Close Quarters.

Now taking into account the new aim of the series being the Console Market, despite the two systems being very limiting in terms of what they are capable of Graphically.. that is where the larger player count is, and in turn more profit is to be had in this area.

Taking into account the map Operation Metro is very very popular.

Taking into account EA/DICE trying to muscle in on the Call of Duty franchise.

It makes sense that this new Extra Content is aimed at that target audience.

It will be interesting, it is Battlefield after all... a little more of a wait for the larger maps in the later Extra Content for the Core BF fan base.. Seeing that they are announcing this now only means they will be working on those larger maps more than the Close Quarters type maps.. I would hope so at least.

And again sadly, another reminder that this is not a PC game.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Armor unlocks are the quickest one you can get from all vehicles.

Im also disappointed from "Close Quarters" - i did expect something different.

17. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Errrr .... what's wrong with you guys?

DLC IS OPTIONAL

No one needs to buy ANYTHING if he doesnt want to. CoD4 fans who are bored with MW 2&3 will buy BF3: CQ and BF fans who are bored with BF3 will buy the other DLCs - where's the problem?

Why not just be happy that something actually is coming for BF3 ? The alternative would be to save all the work for BF4 - you want this instead?

18. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    No, the point is that people all around want big and bigger maps, and they come out with "Close Quarters", which is obviously targeted at the CoD fans..
    Imho, they should have made a single, major DLC, which would containt all this, instead of what they're doing now..

19. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I simply wanted perhaps 2 big maps and 2 small maps per pack, that way each player type got some DLC love at the same time.

I think that would have been a much better way to do it, that way the different player types (people who like close quartered maps/people who like massive open maps) each got something at the same time.

20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I guess it just shows they're going towards where they think the biggest $$$ is made - in close combat battles. Its something they already showed with BC2 MP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.