AMD Catalyst Windows 8 Consumer Preview Driver (8.930.7 RC10 February 16)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    this doesn't work, the driver refuses to install. it doesnt show up when i try to look for it in the device manager either

2. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Tried to force a resolution through the system.cfg file but still the same. But have another problem with win 8, and not a "graphical" this time around, some how every time I use win 8 some of my hard drives are getting some files corrupted, check disk kicks in when I boot into win 7. Anyone with this problem too?

3. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    so is 11.12 the only driver where everything works properly with windows 8?

4. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    What do you mean by everything? CCC included?

I am using the 12.2 precertified driver forced through the CP and it works alright.

5. Luxferro

Luxferro Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 6800GT OC
    I installed these the other day and while I didn't play any games, all seemed okay. But I noticed my PC wasn't going to sleep anymore.

On a closer look, it didn't even have a sleep option anymore. Uninstalled these drivers (back to using drivers built into windows 8 CP) and sleep is back. So just a heads up for anyone else that likes their PC to sleep.

6. ShooterFX

ShooterFX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD7990
    Well for me 11.12 is the only drivers i can get that works on CP as i need CCC to correct overscan and also to enable CF. Would love if Preview drivers could work but had no luck, could force the drivers to install but no CCC. Also tried modded driver from ader00 but no luck( thanks anyway asder00)

In BF3 i get more frames (11.12) that i do on Win 7 but i notice stuttering . Will test some more.

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

iirc, you can manually install CCC by installing all it's packages in it's folder

8. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Everything in the CCC2 folder? There are lots of folders in there.

9. loomx

loomx Member

GPU:
    2x Club3D 7970 RoyalQueen
    Just installed W8 and these, alls good, except Crysis 2 wont let me change the resolution! it doesn't give any options and I am stuck at 640 x 480!

10. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Currently using 12.3, these drivers are way older.
    Also, where are the op getting these drivers, i ask this question before, but he never seems to answer, which is a bit ignorant.

11. BoSL

BoSL Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX1060 6GB OC
    Oh wow op isn´t living up to your high standards and you call him/her names? And why do you care where the drivers came from, if you´re unsure (bout the drivers too) don´t install them!

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You havent even posted in this thread before.
    Even if you had, he owes you nothing and especially shouldnt try and push your own problems on to other people.
    pot... kettle

13. Sinean

Sinean Active Member

GPU:
    xfx 7900 xt
    Nice a driver for win8. Everything working on my 6950 , benchies about the same or a frame so higher. :nerd:

Witcher 2, Skyrim, Swtor, Star Trek, Crysis 2 working.

14. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I never called the OP a name :wanker:
    can you read?
    I said i would like to know where he is getting these drivers from and by him ignoring people who also have asked him nicely in the past like myself, to me that is an ignorant thing to do.
    Infact, i am going to report him to AMD and tell them what this person is doing.

15. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    'Reporting' him to AMD like a sulky schoolboy will do nothing to help stop leaked drivers as they won't be able to determine a source still and they probably really don't care as this is an enthusiast community.

It also makes you look like even more of a douche.:puke2:

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yeah, they'll receive your email, and someone will say, ey "asder" (insert real name here), check this mail about you :).

Do you think someone hacks AMD networks to get beta DRIVERS which are gonna be released in 2-3weeks? :wanker:

AMD wants this drivers out, but no responsibility or whatever, so there is noway you are getting a confirmation they come from AMD/legal ways.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  17. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    How do I fix the 15% underscan on my television without CCC?

18. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
  19. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    Ok guys I have managed to get my HD7970 working in Windows 8 WITH the CCC - extremely important as I need it for Eyefinity.

To achieve this I did the following:

1) This may be optional but I did it first and don't know if it affected anything:

Download the 12.2 RC drivers from the AMD website (windows 7 x64 in my case). Run the setup and cancel out after it has extracted the files to your main system drive (c:).

Locate Device manager by typing device manager when in the Metro interface and locate the device which matches up with the HD7970 (standard display driver IIRC).

Select update driver and manually point it to the location you extracted the 12.2 drivers to above.

This will install the display drivers for the HD7970 but not CCC.

2) In order to get the CCC install the 11.12 drivers that came on the disc provided with your HD7970.

Once you have completed the above windows should notice that it is missing a .net framework file(s) and ask you to install that as well.

Once completed you should have both the HD7970 drivers and CCC installed and more importantly working.

As I say I am not sure if point 1 is actually required but I did it first just to be able to get my three screens up and running.

In my own testing attempting to install the 12.2, Win 8 CP preview or RC11 drivers did not allow me to run the CCC (it said there were no options available to amend or something like that).

Anyway I hope this helps anyone with a HD7xxx series card "enjoy" windows 8 properly.

As a side note I think it is pathetic that the windows 8 CP driver does not include HD7xxx support. It isn't exactly brand new architecture anymore.

Mind you considering how we are still awaiting an official driver for windows 7 it isn't surprising.

20. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Xaser, thanks so much for posting. Works for me too. For anyone else that tries this method does NOT work with 8.960 drivers, just the 8.921's