Kepler will be Unbeatable: NVIDIA

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It's a huuuge distance from 40fps avg, to 60fps min

I don't need 60fps min. I need butter-smooth all teh time.
    No dipping under 25ms frame rendering should do the trick.

2. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Yes around 37fps drops.

In Batman AC it's nowhere near as bad, as you're talking about phsyx performance, not DX11 performance.

Even if kepler does not improve physx performance optimisation you can still expect a 50 % improvement due to the number of cores alone.

But if you factor in the other performance improvements and optimisation I really fail to see how it will not get a 60 frame min.

Worse case scenario a 50% performance increase in physx performance due to the number of cuda cores is 55.5fps from that 37...so unless you think it will be even less optimised...which is basically impossible. Even Alice 2 which is the worst performaning physx game will get a 60 frame min.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Friday night, looks like Charlie got stoned again.
    Here defending Nvidia against AMDbot Kyle.

4. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    ok lets hope it will deliver

:]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

5. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Not really defending Nvidia but rather defending the info Charlie posted a few months ago and how Kyle/hardocp posted saying all the info was from nvidia shills and how they had "bamboozled" Charlie.

Turns out Charlie had see the card and Kyle is just a bit mad jelly (as always) :3

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its not good though, the 7970 is around 30% faster than the 580, and thats been slated to kingdom come, everyones saying its rubbish, no ones impressed with it at all, so if this is even a bit slower than that, then surely its going to get the same treatment

7. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

No it won't because it's a "mid-range card" ;) doesn't matter if it's the fastest card nvidia has to offer for another 6 months..

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    When their high end does appear though, AMD will no doubt have something for it, so i can't see how the 7970 can be a bad card, as its the fastest single card around, and when overclocked (which they do with ease), it craps all over an overclocked 580 from a great height, and not like Nvidia are going to topple it yet, as Q3 their competitor to its due isn't it, which will make it around 6+ months after it was released.

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^^that is because kepler has not been released yet, I really do not see the point in comparing a 2012 card to a 580 which I got 2 in late 2010? kepler is the direct competitor to the 7970/50. Its best to wait for official info/benches and then compare the 7970 to kepler

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    you love spouting complete crap dont you?

sad thing is you think it's cool to be a fanboy....

even if you were right what's the point of the flame? you actually think people really care....?

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    the 7970 is the fastest single gpu to date, there is no denying that. some people still view it as a failure though because it is not much faster than a 2010 580. benches vary depending on source. plus if you compare it to a 3gb 580 the gap narrows due to the equal video memory. this is the reason some people view the best single gpu card as a failure. I am not going to speculate on kepler anymore because there is no official info on it and much of it is BS anyway

12. Ali-K

Ali-K Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X
    non ce ne sarà più per nessuno means "stocks will not last" not that is will be the best...WTF translated this? My grandma?

13. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Because it is what has always been done, comparing the fastest card from each camp. It is not AMDs fault that nVidia is again late to the game.

14. David Lake

David Lake Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V watercooled
    Dam right it wont be beatable!!!

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't know what you mean, where am i spouting crap, and what flame are you on about, im just saying i don't see the 7970 as a bad card, when its the fastest single card out, and will be for quite a while yet supposedly, where as just about everyone else, is rubbishing it, surely being the fastest single card for about 6/7 months (or whatever its going to be) is good. :confused:

Fair enough, it would have been better if it was about 70% faster than the 580, but its not, its only about 30%, which yes, is not very good, but that doesn't make it a crap card.

Agreed.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Rich_Guy your the only one saying the 7970 is a bad card right now, no one else is.

People were only disappointed as they wanted stock 50% performance increase over a 580, especially with how much it cost.
    The 7970 was going against a 14month old card, GK104 is going against a 3month old card, and is allegedly going to cost less.

If GK104 is even just 10% faster than a stock 7970, but is cheaper then that is a success to me, and it has to be faster and cheaper, if not were are all fecked, as the 7970 won't budge much price wise, and GK110 will end up being silly money.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I thought it was still getting called a bad card by everyone, oh well, my apologies.

Agree about the GK104, but rumours are its only going to be inbetween the 580 and 7950.

I miss the days when they released around the same time, its crap now, one releases, then you have to wait months for the other. :(

18. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I think you misread the post.

19. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Things are going to be interesting over the next few months!

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah, hopefully the GK104 will be fairly cheap, and if it isn't that much slower, make AMD drop their prices this time, that can only be a good thing for all of us.