GeForce Forceware 295.73 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Feb 21, 2012.

1. bcham

bcham Guest

GPU:
    palit gtx560ti
    i agree

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The framerate limiter has been in the last few drivers, you just need to use Nvidia Inspector to enable it.

People are surprised there is no Alan Wake profile as that is one thing Nvidia are usually good at, I’ve saw profiles months before the game is out, sometimes over a year in the case of Max Payne 3 and Aliens Colonial Marines, so for Alan Wake to not have one, especially as its needed for most people who use SLI, so must be a little annoying.

Driver wise, sounds as good as it’s going to get when it comes to Skyrim, so might buy it at the weekend and see if I can get into it.

3. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Are you talking AA via the in game post processing or AA forced via drivers?

4. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Are you mental?

5. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    These drivers are horible in alan wake. at first i thought my framerate tanked cause of the new episode being more demanding. mouse felt really slugish and framereta was noticeably lower. then i rolled back to the good old 290.53 and the game is responsive again.

Its either the driver itself, or the framerate limiter in inspector made it slower, because i did import the Alan wake profile i made wthi 290 drivers into the 295 drivers.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Goes into 2D mode for me every time when I close down a game, but that is with 120Hz.
    If there is an issue (with 100 and 110Hz monitors?), is it reported and known by Nvidia?

7. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    The bug they fixed for 1GB cards did extremely good job on me. Now a good patch from DICE and we're set.

On Kharg Island if Ultra Textures, I had serious problem... Entire buildings were dissapearing/reappearing. On many maps small texture flickering on many places... Even on High Textures, fewer problems though.

Now I run the game with Textures, Shadows, Terrain and Decoration on Ultra and it's smooth. With certain settings I couldn't afford even 2x MSAA, now I can much better ( not on Ultra all those I mentioned above ).

Truly great drivers.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  8. Dantenero72

Dantenero72 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX470
    Screws up screen in DX11 games!!!

Hey!
    Since the 290.XY they all screw up my screen in DX11 games! Like 30cm of the screen is sled to the right,so there is a 30cm thick black border on the left and cant see the whole screen(so basically the screen isnt in the center). If i auto adjust with on my monitor then it drop it back to the center,but the image became so blurry that hurt my eyes. And if then i exit the game,then the desktop screen is sled to the LEFT. And also if I change the refresh rate from 60 to 59.95 or 59.85(WTF? these numbers)then happens the same,back to the center but blurry image -.-" My monitor is a Asus VW221D http://computermonitors.productwiki.com/asus-vw221d/. And as i said all the 290.xy and above drivers does the same,only the BETA!!!285.79 and older has no such effects!(well it has bad performance and has artifacts in BF3) :bang::bang::bang::bang:

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Whilst I agree it is pretty silly advice. He does have a point, Nvidia do not test their drivers on a 2 year install of Windows, nor do they test them with overclocked cards. Like the release notes say they give 45% increase in Skyrim, I bet that is with all their tweaks from their tweakguide applied too and with no mods installed. So for most people 45% is a far away dream. Plus I bet thats tested with a GTX580, maybe even tested with 2 of them in SLI.

Anyway, Ive just brought Beyond Good and Evil and the original Far Cry from steam so I am gonna blast through them now as I have some time off work. Nothing better than wasting my time on one of the most underrated games in history (BGE this is) :p Lets see of these drivers increase performance in these games!!! LOL

10. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970
    Not only can I activate SLI but with this set I didn't have to close Waterfox, or my Logitech software to do it like I have had to for months worth of releases now. And I'm glad they got memory leak fixed. I haven't ran a game yet but I'm already liking these.

-edit-

Just want to point out that I didn't do any Driver sweeper crap or remove/restart anything, just installed right over the top of the previous drivers. Worked like a charm.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

11. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    Via drivers.

12. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    Video play back was jammed with previous beta, now it's working perfect.
    Games are fine, SLI working solid. Keepers.

13. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    What flag are you using?

14. GPU

GPU Guest

-I still had to shut down Lcore . exe in task manager to set sli ,same as always.

15. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    With 295.51 i dont need any flags, i just turn it on in ccontrol panal and it works. With 295.73 - not works.

PS. Battleforge still not work with dx11, its started with 295.51 and still the same.

16. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    295.73 has Behavior Flags that prevents AA Override. You can disable this for example by NV Inspector, then Override works again.

17. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Are you sure it was actually applying any AA? I did some pretty extensive testing with AA in this game and found I couldn't get any AA without setting a performance killing flag. Make sure post processing is disabled when you are checking since it runs some kind of FXAA like post AA.

18. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Nice! Can't wait to get off work to test these!

19. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    Here is example. Same settings in drivers, no injector.
    [​IMG]

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    newbie you're not reading, or do not understand?