Uninstall ATI Tray Tools

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Aminux, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Aminux

Aminux Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 5770 1GB
    I have a small problem with ATI Tray Tools,even after i have uninstalled it,its Direct3D settings are still felt in 3D games,i then installed ATI Tray Tools again and the settings were still memorized and were not in default like it should be when u first install ATI Tray Tools.
    So what can i do reset the settings and go back to normal?

2. Aminux

Aminux Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 5770 1GB
    Last time i install this bullsht program.

3. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Aminux did you get an option during uninstallation to remove the profile/registry settings?
    It should ask you. If it doesn't maybe there's a problem with uninstall package.
    Having said that, ATT is just a registry editor in it's own right.
    If you were to install CCC for example, and make your necessary Direct 3d adjustments, those new settings will take priority over the old ATT ones.

4. Tperk

Tperk Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580 Matrix
    Uninstall it along with CCC, fire the pc up in Safe Mode, run Driver cleaner, reboot into windows. Do a fresh ccc install, away you go.

5. Onet Nicolae

Onet Nicolae Guest

GPU:
    ATI 128 MB
    Hi there! Sorry for the bump but i need some help with uninstalling this. I'm using Windows XP SP3 and I can't uninstall ATI tray tools version 1.7.9.1573 because i don't see any reference to it in the add/remove programs from control panel. Browsing to the ATI tray tools folder from the Program Files folder and trying to use the uninstall.exe doesn't seem to work either because a command prompt windows pops up and above it, an error message says something like "The NTVDM has encountered an illegal instruction ...". Note that this program never worked for me because i have an on board video adapter and i did only find out that onboard vga is unsupported after i already installed the application. Please help!

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    if you don't understand how this program works, do not install it.

ATT changes settings for driver so when you uninstall it, it can not revert changes back. 4

2 Onet Nicolae - If you install it by yourself, you can uninstall it from Add/remove programs, but if it was installed by third party drivers/or applications, I can not control it.

7. Onet Nicolae

Onet Nicolae Guest

GPU:
    ATI 128 MB
    I downloaded and installed it myself (not by any third party application) after reading this but there is no information there about ATT not being supported by integrated video adapters and, after i installed it and saw that it does not work and is giving me troubles, i came across another topic somewhere, by searching on google, which states that on-board video cards are not supported. One more thing i forgot to mention is that after ATT was installed it tried to start up and right after that my computer restarted by itself, so i guess the whole installation went wrong and this is why it does not appear in the add/remove programs in control panel. In the mean time i uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver and SP3 package for win XP which solved some of the problems, but a major problem is still present making my whole system laggy, it often freezes on boot-up having to restart by the restart button and even when it "successfully" boots-up everything is slow on response, the first few minutes after boot-up explorer.exe does not respond, i cant open my computer or any other folder, can't click on the start menu and services.exe is strangely using around 50 % of CPU sometimes even more. This all stops after a few minutes (taskmanager shows everything OK, no more 50% CPU usage by any of the processes) giving me access to the system but it is still laggy for example i can't watch a 720p video on youtube without it lagging (taskmanager shows an above 50% CPU usage on firefox.exe, i don't know if it used to do that before, but 720p videos certainly did not lag before). I need to know what registry entries were modified by ATT to somehow remove them or set their original values back. I tried scanning the registries with CCleaner but it did nothing.

8. Onet Nicolae

Onet Nicolae Guest

GPU:
    ATI 128 MB
    Don't bother with the help! I just reinstalled my system. I also noticed that firefox is still using around 50% CPU while playing a youtube video but the videos are no longer lagging and everything else work smoother.

9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    That's correct, ATT does not support ALL mobile chip-sets. Only a few of them. When you going through installation steps, there is one page where you can disable overclocking. This could help with unsupported chips. Of course no overclocking will be availablem but you still can use everything else.

10. Onet Nicolae

Onet Nicolae Guest

GPU:
    ATI 128 MB
    Hi there again! Is there a possibility that ATT modified something in the BIOS? Even after reinstalling the system i still have some problems like when windows XP boots up i can see a strange fade in effect which wasn't present before installing ATT. Let me explain it a bit. You know when XP boots up, a black screen appears with the windows logo in the middle and the loading bar just under it with those 3 blue squares sliding from left to right, just like this. Just before that loading screen appears there's a strange fade in effect which i did not see before. The same problem appears when i open a game like GTA San Andreas, it has a black screen just after it starts and now that ugly fade in effect is added to it. Another problem would be the "My Computer" which looks like this. It looks like a damn 8 bit image and it certainly did not look like that before. It is like it messed up some settings within the video card itself, not in the driver but in the hardware itself. Can anyone help ?

11. nervChris

nervChris Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870
    No, ATT only affects the driver

You sure you have the right driver, checked the grafic settings?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  12. Onet Nicolae

Onet Nicolae Guest

GPU:
    ATI 128 MB
    I checked the graphics settings from catalyst control center, and the driver is the same i used to install whenever i reinstall my system and it worked pretty well so far. I really suspect that it has something to do with the hardware itself because i already reinstalled my system and all the driver changes of ATT should have been gone by now, yet there are still some sings of it. How can this be possible after a complete format and reinstall ?

Edit:

I forgot to mention another problem: when i start the game gta san andreas and i load a game, the view distance is cut to very short. I just reinstalled the game to be sure it is not because of some mods and it is still like that, i can only see about 50 m far, after that only LOD (low detalied) models are rendered. There is something really messed up here.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Check your Aniso filter settings

14. Onet Nicolae

Onet Nicolae Guest

GPU:
    ATI 128 MB
    Anisotropic Filtering is set as "Use application settings". I have to admit that i'm pretty new to these Catalyst Control settings because i never really had to adjust those settings. Every time i had to reinstall my system i just reinstalled the OS, then the drivers, the programs i use, some games maybe but everything worked fine. Now i reinstalled everything just as i did the previous times and things happen not to be as they were those previous times. In my opinion the problem is not in the software but in the hardware.