nVidia promised us drivers once a month, what happened ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hammie, Jan 9, 2012.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Delete SkyBoost and install TESVAL.

SkyBoost is a CTD fest for me aswell.

2. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    You are doing it wrong :p

No problems here, im at r4 atm with lots of mods (6.7gb in total lol) .. I tried r4 sse4.1 too but it felt slower for some reason.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    SkyBoost is making my Skyrim CTD quite often. Id rather have 5 fps less than having to redo an hour of work :)

4. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Skyboost r3 has been flawless with me. Not a single CTD since using it 2 weeks ago.

6. Pepa1

Pepa1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'd come on here to post the exact same thing. Yeah, I know the betas have been fine but to not have a certified driver for that length of time is really quite shocking IMO. It makes me wonder if NVIDIA's drivers are perhaps not passing certification at all and rather than fix the problems and resubmit them to Microsoft they get released as betas only. Funny how the certified drivers seemed to dried up since the TDR issue reared its ugly head. Even if that isn't the case, the lack of WHQL drivers certainly gives me that impression. :3eyes:

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    WHQL is waste of money imo

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I was thinking the same a few weeks ago, maybe there is small issue causing it to fail, or maybe they just aren't bothered as Nvidia are likely more interested in getting Kepler drivers working.

10. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    As ManuelG of the Nvidia forums has said already...

WHQL is more important to businesses than end users to be honest. OEMs can not ship a desktop or notebook PC with a Windows sticker on it unless the graphics card driver is WHQL. Certain tech reviewers will only test with WHQL drivers. The WHQL driver will indeed include many new fixes that are not present in the current BETA driver.

Why do an ATI and waste money every month for a WHQL Driver that Microsoft have stamped any ways? Microsoft put a pretty WHQL stamp on that set of Nvidia Drivers which fried cards a while back...

More beta drivers are only a good thing as it means they are actually picking up issues and fixing them.

11. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    so youve had 4 drivers in 3 months, cant really see why your crying, plus a beta is a whql that hasnt sat at microsoft for 2 weeks.

12. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I don't know what is going on with these CTD's you guys are getting but i personally haven't had not one single CTD either i am lucky or it doesn't affect the GTX 480.I have also read this issue affects mostly the gtx 460,and certain 560ti, 570,and 580 cards and my guess is by the time they get this issue fixed the new kepler cards will be out and all their attention will be focused on optimizing their new cards not that they will forget about current cards issues which they need to fix asap.

13. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    The late trend of slow driver releases is most certainly related to the GK104 (Kepler) imminent release. I bet they have to rewrite a lot of stuff to accommodate for the architectural change.

14. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Probably this and that crap TDR most GF104/114 seem to suffer.

Imo a weak excuse for us unaffected.

15. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    From Semiaccurate:
    http://semiaccurate.com/2012/02/01/physics-hardware-makes-keplergk104-fast/

If this is really the case, then it's a headache for the driver teams, because they need to get the most possible number of games working at 100% in the short time until launch.

16. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT black
    Nvidia driver teams are sucks big balls, They are not focus TDR top priority, always fcked up everytime when they release new drivers that broke somewhere down the line.

Somebody need fired to Nvidia driver teams be gone !!!, Hire somebody who can fix it fcking TDR, AA, FPS limiter, etc...:biggun:

OR fire that WONG CEO of Nvidia whatever need go !!!, you are faker with hold Fermi card last time.:biggun:

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Clearly, AMD love throwing their money away each month on a certified set of their drivers? ;)

Seriously, betas are betas: unfinished, improperly tested, potentially risky, generally unsupported, etc., etc. so I always prefer to have certified drivers installed wherever possible even though I know there's no thing as a perfect driver without any issues at all.

If NVIDIA believe their drivers are as good as certified ones then they should lose the 'beta' label altogether and just be referred to as "NVIDIA Graphics Driver v295.51" and uncertified. By slapping a beta at the end of the filename and including them under the beta section of their driver page then they're implying the drivers are imperfect, unfinished and improperly tested.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    TDR issue? Havn't had that since 290.53. Using 295.51 now which is rock solid aswell.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yep, if true I'll bet their driver team is 110% focused on this and doubt we will see much if anything at all before kepler arrives.

20. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT black
    I am using 290.53 as well but 295.51 borked on my video etc...also happen one time TDR with 295.51 so I revert back to 290.53. :banana: