GeForce 295.51 Driver released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hu1kamania, Jan 31, 2012.

1. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Yup, and you're welcome :p

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I'm just happy it's not my system because I was like WTF... this happens to newbs, not me
    Lost 3h scanning for the rootkit :p

3. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    New physx causing EVE Online crashing. Back to old drivers.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti

5. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It causes your available RAM to quickly go bye bye if you are watching movies.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Movies...

Thru YouTube, MediaPlayer? Thru what?

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It seems like it's an error limited to some file types in combination with some players.
    Sometimes I really get the impression that many "bugs" are limited to things like downloaded (illegal?) content being played with cracked/free software.

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Guess i will never run into this issue because i watch my movies from a Mede8er MED500X :)

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I've been getting some really bad slow-downs in BF3 with these drivers. Still trying to figure out if it's the driver or something else. Will happen for a few minutes where my FPS drops to 20 or below and stay there for a little bit. Really annoying.

10. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Did you try SSAO instead of HBAO and effects on high instead of ultra? That's what gave me my fps back in Metro map- outside compared to 290.53..

HBAO seems to have memory leak and causes stutter, effects on ultra - have some weird cpu impact and also see through effect on some buildings (so far only Metro map- outside). But i mean now i have to lower settings, while before it was fine with both settings maxed out is a joke.

And that ManuelG is a joke too sometimes, he said we are having hard time with BF3 and there are too much factors behind it.. Really? how can you have hard time finding the cause if you downgarade to previous beta and all is ok, also all maxed with better AA, heh fools:biggun:

They invented driver perf. monitoring tool, how hard can it be, they just need to compare 290.53 to 295.51 and all will be clear what screws up in 295.51 and why smoke on ultra takes a small impact and has issues..
    http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-perfkit

Imo they where gonna squeeze some extra perf. on ultra, but in reality they fkced up everything again heh optimized for the worse, why am i not surprised about that.. :(

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I play with no AO. Never really cared for the way it looks vs the performance loss. Everything else is on Ultra though, except motion blur off.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The bug occurs when playing encoded video through any of available software media players.

RAM leaks at about 200kb/s when vieweing typical 720p Xvid movie.

Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player, VLC, Splash, Winamp,
    does not matter which media player, all of them are affected.
    All video file types are affected.

The bug does not exhibits itself only if DXVA acceleration is available,
    and it's actually working on the content you are viewing.

Also, I have not been able to reproduce the bug when viewing online video in browser, aka Youtube aka Flash.

I whine they fix :nerd:

13. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Is it just movies or games as well? I played BF3 for about an hour and just exited the game, my RAM usage is at 11.5GB with 4.5GB remaining.

I did not watch any xvid HD movies but did stream youtube.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I don't play BF3, and I didn't notice this in any of my games,
    but I've heard BF3 being accused of memory leaks before.

Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and Start Task Manager.
    Check "Nonpaged" kernel memory. If it's anything above 100MB your sys is proly leaking, 250MB - most defo.

exited the game, my RAM usage is at 11.5GB with 4.5GB remaining

Try relogging, and if you can't reclaim that RAM, then it's a nonpaged memory leak.
    If you can then it's proly paged memory leak :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  15. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    ^
    BF3 system ram is like with 290.53, max i saw was ~ 5gb or 60% of 8gb in 64player map..
    So far i noticed its only HBAO that seems to leak vram a little (295.51), SSAO capped at 1060mb max, while with HBAO it stars low 780-900mb, depends on the map and raises until it fills almost whole vram 1180-1250mb.

Hmm idk what's the deal with you then.. Maybe try effects on high?

This is what finally removed that weird streaming issue for me, SSAO only eliminated some memory leaks, while effects on high eliminated most of streaming stutter in Metro map.

Well i had no problems with HBAO, effects on ultra + 4xaa with 290.53, lowest fps was ~ 52fps otherwise 69fps cap (using BF3 tool). So perf. is not a issue for me "maxed out" im at non HD reso anyway.

But now with 295.51 im forced to lower those two settings to get somewhat the same pef. as with 290.53, and this is what bugs me the most.. I think i'll revert back to 290.53, im not gonna use lower settings just to have the same perf. as before and uglier looks :bang:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I doubt it's the game settings. They have been the same since BF3 came out. It's been since this driver, however it may be my BIOS settings. I believe I tweaked my BIOS settings roughly around the same time the driver came out. I changed my memory twister setting to light, and performance level to common (11). May be one, or both, of those changes. Definitely don't need to change my game settings.

17. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    Ok then you doubt, but i know by me its effects on ultra and HBAO with 295.51 driver.. Both were ok at 290.53.

I never said BF3 changed settings, we are talking about different drivers here, 290 vs 295.
    And yes 290.53 were more sensitive to ram timings compared to these 295.51 ;)

Im using tighter timings too, i've always been at static tRead 7 (your perf. level 11), i only had to raise tRFC with 290.53, but now with 295.51 i can use a little lower again and have the same stability.

290.53 tRFC 82
    295.51 tRFC 76

But the point is effects on ultra have a rendering issue and some weird perf. stuttering issue with 295.51, that's why i said what i said.
    If you think you dont need to change the game setting (namely only effects back down to high) then GL with your issue, i can't say anything else.

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Ok, touche'. I'll mess with timings and see how that goes. I would rather tweak my BIOS back to where it was than drop quality settings in BF3 :p

Thanks for the advice!

19. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    Sure np :)

lol here is my whole 29x.xx experience and ram timings, etc.

With 290.36 i could use my ram at 1080mhz 5-5-5-18 and tRFC82 and pass everything, i didnt have BF3 yet so i couldn't tell.
    ---
    With 290.53, same ram speed 1080mhz i had to raise tRFC 90, ram for 0.05v and mch for 0.025v to keep it without hard locks -high pitch sound or even bsod lol, also without any sporadic fps drops in RE5 DX10 fixed benchmark.. But when i tried BF3 it failed with high pitch sound, even with such high settings/voltage.

Then i lowered my OC to 445mhz fsb, ram 1068mhz 5-5-5-18 tRFC 80 and now i passed BF3. I used everything on ultra and Metro map was very fluid, ok with occasional hickup here and there 69 to 62fps and then back - by streaming parts..but nothing serious compared to 295.51

---
    Now with 295.51 im at the same 445mhz fsb, ram 1068mhz 5-5-5-15 and tRFC 70 (but use 76 for "smoothness"), rest at auto and pass everything including looong BF3 sessions, but yeah the game doesn't feel so smooth as with 290.53 anymore, even with same 5-5-5-18, tRFC 80.. Its mostly Metro map by streets between the buildings (near entrance to metro station)

also I see smoke flicker- see through effect on ultra, so far only in Metro map
    [​IMG]

high
    [​IMG]
    btw stupid photobucket resized to 1024x768

heh it goes away at high, also these weird streaming stutter parts are almost eliminated, just like with 290.53 on ultra. And that's why i know there is something fishy with 295.51, also ram timings doesnt seem to matter as much as with 290.53.

___
    I guess they listened and maybe they backed off a bit but its worse again? Although I doubt it because of that smoke issue that wasn't here before. They probably tried to optimize few parts and it failed, same with Anti aliasing its worse and if they "optimized" HBAO then they caused it to leak vram, since it doesnt change on SSAO.

And yes there is bigger perf. impact by both HBAO and effects on ultra instead the other way around, now im really curious about next release, will it be buggy like this release? And the funny part is they took only 1 whole moth to break everything.. Nice one nvidia :p

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  20. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    Im back to 290.53 and wow what a difference in BF3 (TDM 32player, 4 different maps).

AA is only 15% better but the game runs a lot smoother with HBAO and yep there is no memory leak like with 295.51, max vram usage was ~ 1170mb, usually ~ 1150mb, while before min 1180mb up to 1260mb.

In metro it runs better as well, but by those 3-4 spots where it stutters I'm gpu bound (hitting 99% gpu usage - HBAO), but yeah it didnt stutter like with 295.51.. Must be cause it didn't leak memory and streamed more efficiently.

Also im using 295.51 system ram timings and still it runs 10x better :)