GeForce 295.51 Driver released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hu1kamania, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @stvor: Nvidia's AA is excellent in other games but it's true that you'd need compatibility flags for most UE3 titles (the normal ones either have worse performance and/or quality).
    I've been playing BF3 since beta though and the AA has never been good. I've been using FXAA inject since the release of BF3 and I'm fine with it. The quality is better in some parts than the original AA solution but performance and image detail / sharpness stay at a high level.

2. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    The drivers screwed up Media Player Classic. Very choppy playing and the sound is laggind a lot. Crysis 2, 1080p, DX11, Ultra was running at about 17 fps. Reinstalled 290.53 and it's all back to normal at 30+

3. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

4. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Maybe you have deleted/modified physx files into Alice installation path. Alice includes his own physx dlls so it's strange that a new physx version affects the game.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    With these new drivers AA isn't working at all in UT3 and Mass Effect 1. It's a weird mix of v-sync, frame rate and something like that. If I limit frame rate to 30 FPS AA suddenly starts working (at least when v-sync is disabled)... Without limiting frame rate and without v-sync it mostly just flickers on and off quickly, is off or on (camera angle dependant).

Doesn't make any sense to me but that happens to me in older UE3 games. I'm not only one with this problem.

According to ManuelG they "Already have the Mass Effect bug filed".

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No, he hasn't, the new version of PhysX v9.11.1111 causes Alice: Madness Returns to crash on Normal or High settings as confirmed by many people, including myself, both here and on the NVIDIA forums.

There's a workaround that involves backing up PhysX files from the game and copying/moving them to a new v2.8.4 folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine, which someone else posted earlier in this thread. This works as does reverting to an earlier version of PhysX, e.g. v9.11.1107.

And, yes, it is strange that this happens because the release notes specifically mention optimisations for Alice 2 (a.k.a. Madness Returns)!!! :biggun:

7. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

So it seems a problem into the game searching librarys becuase normally a game must use first dlls in the application path. This afternoon I'll test it.

8. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    I wouldnt call it excellent, more like on average at its best. :p

As for BF3 i prefer real aa instead of that blurry fxaa mess and i too have been playing it since alpha but that's not the point, the point is now with this 295.xx its "more optimized" but it looks worse.

And metro map runs really bad out side..it looks very unoptimized.

Actually im not surprised about that, every new release has some lame thing going on.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Are you using the new v1.6.2 of MPC?

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I agree... Frostbite engine antialiasing has always been a joke.
    DICE boasted about implementing SRAA and then done nothing about it.

They should really take some of NV programmers to show them how Antialiasing is done on deferred engine.
    Look at the Batman AC... nice crisp, ok it's not perfect, but with extremely small penalty.

Hell look at their own Mirror's Edge:

http://h10.abload.de/img/mirrorsedge2011-08-2120on2.png
    http://h10.abload.de/img/mirrorsedge2012-01-195sppa.png

And I can only imagine the mess if it wasn't for the Mr. Lottes and his FXAA.
    Looking forward to his and Barcelona Uni team aa updates :nerd:

EDIT: Zaragoza :)

11. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah I've been using SMAA for a while now... it looks significantly better than FXAA. I really hope that developers start using that rather than FXAA for integrated post processing AA.

I've been using injectSMAA in: Skyrim, Saints Row 3, Sonic Generations, Mass Effect 1 & 2

Works great in all those games... I haven't tried it on MP games as I didn't want to risk getting banned by Punkbuster or something.

12. JimBobb

JimBobb Guest

Then you complaining at DICE.

13. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    :rolleyes:
    lol ok nvidia tech or whatever you are..

Instead of nvidia reporting it to dice, now you're saying i as a consumer have to do that? just great.

hehe I already made 2 videos that shows this flaw very well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMCV8rnOrLY&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdZLCvvoA8&hd=1

Also Dirt3 has cpu usage memory leak, it goes away if i alt+tab and then re-enable vsync, otherwise i see the same cpu usage as with vsync off (maxed out) and this causes jitter.
    I will make a video for this too, i already reported in 290.53 but looks like nvidia doesn't give a damn yet.

Same for UT3, i made a video that shows this shimmering aa at certain angles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0nNuUDlxTg&hd=1

14. JimBobb

JimBobb Guest

Please what? :3eyes: It seems to me, you are only here to Trolling.

15. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    lol me trolling? More like you.

And if reporting issues and exploiting game engine flaws is trolling to you, then better stop responding to such replies, because you look silly with your 1 sentence answers.

EDIT: i twittet to Battlefiled3 and they said they're gonna pass it on to tech team, hopefully we will get true trilinear shadow on ultra. ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

16. JimBobb

JimBobb Guest

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I found SMAA look horrible in Skyrim, specially Trees look aweful. And i did set SMAA to Ultra.

18. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    ?

Look at the wire above when i move the camera - it looks almost no AA at certain angle. That's how it is on most objects/wall lines and sorry no that's not fine. Bf3 has similar now with 295.51..

This is why im reporting it so nvidia could improve it and make it look better, i dont see a problem here. And im not the only one "complaining" about it, if you see a pattern then do something about it instead of saying meh screw them. :grad:

19. JimBobb

JimBobb Guest

This was from the Beginning so that on AMD Cards identical looks, this is the Price of Deferred Shading. Against Shimmering helps them only Supersampling AA

20. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    Idk about AMD's U3E anti aliasing flag, if they even have it. But i know nvidia's 0x000100C5 use to look better, heck even ME1/E2 0x080100C5 looks better on UT3 then its default one.

Yes i used 4xmsaa + 4xSupersampling and got that in the video, but speaking of deferred AA, nvidia implemented new modes with 266.xx+ and since then this UT3 flag looks worse, especially with CSAA modes 270.xx+.

Maybe check older 263.09 driver and you will see what i mean. I can't anymore, ever since i installed 280.xx and if i try to install any 26x.xx i get no hardware found.

EDIT: And speaking of UT3, its Ambient Occlusion (quality) flickers or turns on and off at certain angles, the same angle as that anti aliasing "shimmer" or it just flickers really fast on/off no matter what. I had to turn it off, 290.53 were ok.

I had something very similar in TeamFortress2 with 290.53 (high quality)