GeForce 295.51 Driver released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hu1kamania, Jan 31, 2012.

1. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz

Ah i thought this was still with your old 470gtx, hmm my ASIC is "100.3%". Idk maybe you could try and OC it a bit, not just raise core voltage..

Btw did you install that extra Asus software (gamer osd and OC utility)? Both can cause some stability issues, especially gamer osd.

2. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    No SLi for me, back to 285.58.

3. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Beta again, really? Wow. Well here's hoping the major issues I ran into in 280+ are gone.

Interesting though, seems nv is able to sign their "betas" now anyway. whql is dead! lol

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  4. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Having to do that for flash sucks, and I too have major instability with the simple Killing Foor (and Left 4 Dead 2) with 290. I'm hoping 295 fixed these issues?

5. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    I can now have hardware acceleration checked on in Firefox without slowdown anymore. It also just updated to 10, so I don't know if 10 or nvidia driver fixed it. Earlier it seemed an nvidia driver had messed it up.

6. brian19876

brian19876 Member Guru

GPU:
    e
    Has anyone got just cause 2 too work on these drivers it wont even load on my pc since i think 280 release or so

7. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Fps limiter has been secretly included since r290 and perhaps earlier. Use nVidia Inspector to activate it.

Although several people say that Unwinder's fps limiter included with the latest beta version of Afterburner gives better results.

8. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Oh Boy!!! Another BETA! :0)

9. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    LOL! Same. :)

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    lmao..

11. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    The 470 is finally gone, after all the troubles I had... I thought to be a little bit luckier with the new card but as you can read the worst is neverending lol :D

Regarding OC I tried 850 with stock voltage: games hang and i have artifacts, so i raised the voltage to 1.063, still getting artifacts, 1.077, no way, 1.088, same story... But even if i try 815MHz (from 732MHz), 1.063V in Crysis 2 are not enough... Black screen and video driver error. I'm really pi**ed off...

The Asus software that comes with this card is very similar to Afterburner, think it's RT based, so i'm continuing to use MSI AB. I'm using no OSDs. :)

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Given nVidia's recent track record, I think I'll try out Unwinder's version, thanks!

I'm sticking with the last version released around Christmas, reading too many bad things about these.

Damn shame. What happened to nvidia's driver team? Seriously. Far cry from the old detonator days I remember =/

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Haven't tried this driver with swtor yet, but will do later, only managed to do all my dailies in my break. I don't have issues with swtor though so for me it'll work just the same i guess...

Edit: having switched from AMD (6870) to nVidia q4 2011 i have to say I'm not sure what all the AMD haters are shooting about. AMD have been better than nVidia at releasing drivers in the last few months.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I install it every time, but it never worked once for me . ive installed the newer drivers every time before i get the notification lol

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I like this driver so far. Haven't had any larger issues, installation was a breeze. The problems I had with previous driver sets, like vanishing control panel, are fixed also. Definitely keepers for me.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Depends on how often you set it to check, think its like once a day by default, and only whql.

I install the update software on my gaming partition as that is the one i use for browsing etc...so it's handy for that to check while i'm messing about, but i have mine set to check hourly, and also to tell me about beta drivers.

Don't install it on my HTPC partition, but i keep that as clean as possible.
    Installed these drivers on that and flawless so far, no playback issues with video using Cuvid/LavVideo on any of the HW Accelerated codecs.

On the gaming one i have only tried NFS The Run which performs just as well, and Batman AC, but so far i can't see any difference with the new PhysX, but i don't think that was causing any issues anyway, DX11 performance is still poor though.
    Think i will just give up and wait until i get a new GPU and can just brute force the game.

17. pakko

pakko Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX580 WindF3 SLI
    Did they fixed the "always 3D clock on desktop" with more than 60Hz refresh rate (i know that 120Hz is full 3D clocks but 110Hz is not and that's a BUG!!)!?!?

18. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    the new physx version causes Alice Madness Returns to crash when loading a save game.

19. meatbagtaco

meatbagtaco Guest

GPU:
    2 x Geforce GTX 570 SC
    After reading the full release notes I notice that they do not address ANY of the Battlefield 3 issues. 285.58 - Random Crashes, either of the 290.xx betas have TONS of artifacts and corruption.... I can confirm this on GTX 570 (which I have) and at least the GTX 480 and 460.

I am truly amazed that they just ignored this.

At the same time, I cannot ignore this

[​IMG]

20. friedmonky

friedmonky Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC EE 1GB
    I can confirm this. Plus it crashes even starting a new game.