AMD Catalyst 12.2 Preview Driver (8.940.0 January 20) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    wow this is awesome!

am still using 5870s hope they keep it gold!

Thanks asder00

2. Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080 Black
    Cant talk about performance cause I installed this driver after changing my C2D system by a I7 3930K one, so even installing crap drivers my FPS will skyrocket anyway. Without changing my 5870, my BF3 and Skyrim performance where from **** FPS on low to smooth gameplay on Ultra.

But I noticed a weird bug on CCC in the display detection algorithm. All my displays are duplicated there and I cannot activate my second monitor. I can configure it on Windows but I like the presets CCC give me when I need to change my secondary display from my monitor to my HDTV and back with only 1 click. To lazy to buy an active displayport to HDMI converter so I can plug all 3 screens simultaneously.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  3. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    What is a clean install? using driver cleaner crap? no way, just run the package then click install and that it, no need to remove old drivers because the installation program do it for you. If ppl still having problem with game fixed with the drivers then it's not the drivers fault.

4. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Use ATIman it cleans way better than driver sweeper. I had problems with 12.2 at first and then I used atiman and it fixed it. Its running way better now than before. And my OCs and voltage work in MSI AB.

5. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    bf3 crashes here, driver stops responding

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'm not having your problems. Why is that hard to understand? The games I play, etc run just fine with this driver. For you so say "except fixes games..." as a reply to, "Nice drivers, not much different then the other preview drivers." Shows that you are trolling. You have no proof to suggest otherwise. lol

7. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    So are this drivers a big fail and no go?
    are they preforming better in BF 3 then 8.95 17 January

8. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Its hard to understand because you are saying "my problems" when I have no problems. You are implying I have an issue with any game, and you would be wrong. BF3 you could consider its imperfect frame rate an issue but anything above 40fps is playable, so no issue exists. I just want more fps, more, more of the time. I don't actually have an issue, I just desire perfection.

On a personal stand point the jan 17th give slightly more fps in BF3 but the 12.2 preview show more stability. I had my frame rate more jumpy with 17th than 12.2.

9. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Okay thx heroxoot for you tip :)
    i think my bios on my Mobility card is old, And where and how can i update it!
    Here is a picture of my current bios! thx again! :)

[​IMG]

10. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I'm not sure about GPU bios but I am pretty sure you don't have to update them ever. Since yours is mobility would it be part of the mobo bios? I am not too sure about laptop/mobility bios.

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    okay! ill keep searching thx for you help btw :)

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    TO

When confronted by your trolling you want to back peddle on instability claims to now not having enough frame rates. LOL

Anyway, the drivers are both stable and provide the performance I need in the games I play. I don't see a need for more.

13. Ziver

Ziver Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP Extrem
    So far every thing fine, no problam at all
    || Intel i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz @ 1.35v @ TR Ultra120 Extreme || Asus P8Z68 V-PRO || 8 GB Gskill Sniper @ 1600MHz || CoolerMaster CosMoS " S " ||MSI 6950@6970 Twin Frozr II ||

14. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    It keeps killing my OC on boot. Once CCC loads it kills it. Overdrive is off so what is this sorcery? I was playing street fighter and suddenly noticed my clocks were stock. I reinstalled afterburner and its still killing my OC now.

15. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Any CAP's Needed for this driver on single card?

16. bart5986

bart5986 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290x OC
    So once again I can't disable overscan for my monitor, it resets back to default when I hit apply.

Its been like this for the past 3-4 ATI drivers, I have to uninstall them now.

17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    These are the best drivers to date.

Window's Uninstall, CCleaner with CCEnhancer and then a manual run through the registry is all that is needed. Can not comment on atiman, have not used it. Driver sweeper does not get everything; would always leave dll's in the system32 and syswow64 folders. Every now and then a needed running of the old Windows Install Cleanup utility is needed as well.

EDIT: It does help to end Fuel, MOM, CCC, atiedxx, and atiesrxx services before running the window's uninstaller.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  18. Yashida

Yashida Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 4670 AGP 8x
    I must try that method thx for tip.. im running win32sp3 with powercolor radeon 4670 agp8x and I cant run a stable version of manufacturer/producer drivers... dunno w/e to do...

19. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    Microsoft retired the older Windows Install Cleanup utility and replaced it with a newer version here. MS updated the utility to run with Win 7 64 bit. I never realized that MS put out such a thing. Looks like a good tool to have. Looking it over makes me wonder how much of this tool that ATIman used to make his cleaner.

Regarding the 12.2 Previews, I did a clean install, following Catalyst Creator's advice. I used Atiman Utility, v 6.2. The drivers installed well. Performance wise, my 5870 is running very well as compared to the 12.1 Previews. Afterburner beta 10 runs well and I see all voltages that are available in AB. AB works fine.

I'm running an EyeFinity setup with one 24" 1920x1200 monitor (center) and two 20" 1680x1050 monitors as the side monitors. All 16x10 pull down. I set this up several weeks ago with the 12.1 P's. The setup ran well with the 12.1's, but I just installed BF3. BF3 would run fine in MP, 30-40 fps, settings on low or medium, but the driver would occasionally crash when playing MP. I would get a desktop crash with the message driver stopped responding. The 5870 in EF is limited. Using only my 24" 1920x1200 monitor, with both the 12.2 & 12.1 drivers, I can run BF3 on Ultra settings, no Deferred AA, Post AA High, and I get 40-60 fps in MP, averaging 55 fps @ 1920 x1200 resolution. EF adds that extra something that makes it worth it for the lower frames. MP in EF is very playable even though fps are 30-45, ave range=35-38. I haven't run EF long enough with the 12.2's. So far the 12.2's seem a bit more stable in EF than the 12.1's.

Regarding EF with differing resolution monitors, there was no selection in the driver to enable running each monitor at it's respective native resolution. My center monitor runs as 1680x1050 in EF, its native res = 1920x1200. EF was easier to setup with the 12.2's than the 12.1's. The bezel correction worked better as well.

I think that the 12.2's are decent drivers. Performance wise and IQ wise, I like these drivers, the 12.x's better than the 11.x's. My 5870 gpu also overclocks higher with both 12.1 & 12.2 by extending clock limits in AB beta 10. I need the extra clocks to run EF, especially for BF3 MP. I'd like to see AMD come out with a WHQL version of the 12.2 with all remaining bugs fixed. The occasional "driver stopped responding" in 12.1 was disappointing.

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Are people using slipstream versions of Windows?

I have to wonder because if you are having problems installing and uninstalling a program or cat then there is something up with your installed windows IMO. I know a few people who've slip streamed, etc and most of them had similar problems like that.