Xbox 720 Will get GPU based on Radeon 6670

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 25, 2012.

1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Smmfh at these console makers. I could build a stronger system from parts in my computer grave yard.

2. Orion

Orion Guest

GPU:
    Asus Gtx 480 1500

who told you wii U is 2x faster 360? Xbox fan's? or Microsoft, because nintendo never said that and they never will. Nintendo never in the history, start screaming "my console is better than that, and that, and that" they keep a high profile to that.

The Wii U cpu is at minimum 4x faster than a PS3, newer tech and GPU is 2x faster than the 6670.

I think wii U got the small power 7 cpu 4 core 16 threads (1 core goes to the controller screen) so the wii U works with 3 cores 12 threads(?). The only thing nobody knows yet, if the cpu is 3.0 or 3.6ghz. If its 3.6ghz, then its more than 4x than ps3. Also wii U comes with 1gb vram shared and an aditional 512 mb ram (overall 1.5gb). The system got also 8 gb for saves/interface and hdd support. Overall is a 98gflops, NOT in theory system. Ps3 is 200+ in theory and 20-40gflops in reality.

At least I made my research in OC forums and everybody claims that (3x, 4x+), I mean its not me that saying this things. So considering from what I am reading about xbox720 and ps4, Wii U is not going to be behind the other 2, It will be balance between them. I ve read that ps4 is going to be 32 threads (no idea how many cores), but I am afraid they will do the same mistakes with unstable systems and lots of reserviced.. lol So is 32 or 64 threads needed for a game? Or better Gpus...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  4. Orion

Orion Guest

GPU:
    Asus Gtx 480 1500
    Yeah, I could tell you that is -2x faster or +20x faster, its the same thing.

Its more like the IGN article that everybody laughs, it says that radeon 6670 is going to be 20% better graphics than wii U, but wii U GPU is 100% better than 6670.. lol

don’t believe this stuff, if you need to learn more about it, ask hardware professionals, that have nothing to gain from it, not journalists!.

ps: It will also come with a dual layer 50g cds but nintendo states that may not support blue-ray or dvd movies. Maybe with a downlodable player and external hdd :). The reason they claim about it, they want to reduce as possible, hardware failures.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

5. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    This is good.. We will finally see graphics on the PC improve.
    Also, I hope PS4 has killer specs so then PC ports will be made off of the PS4 version of the game.

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Here's to hoping PS4 will have CGI quality realtime graphics...

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont care what the next gen has as long as it is dx11 and 1080p 4x AA/AF and atlest 60fps, that and pc games stop geting watered down just cause "there console" game will look inferior

8. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    This is what people are forgetting. Although I had expected a newer chip aswell.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Haha, 1080p, 4x AA/AF @ 60fps? Well they'll tell you that's what it is, but it won't be.

For example they call Gran Turismo 5 "1080p" and it is indeed much higher res than most PS3 games... it's 1024x1080 stretched vertically to display 1920x1080 and it pulled off 15-30fps in the game. Choosing 1280x720 as the res enabled 2x AA which they called 4x for some reason... and that measly 2x AA made it look roughly the same as the stretched 1024x1080 option.

If they actually improve the graphics they won't be able to sustain 60fps, just like they couldn't freakin' sustain 30fps with the PS3.

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    What do you mean who told you? No one is telling anyone, all this is rumors. All of it. A quick google search shows that rumor. And you made me chuckle when you said they do not have a history of claiming to be better then another console, you obviously were not around when it was "Sega VS. Nintendo."
    the midsection being blah blah blah, watch me make up numbers and pretend to be knowledgeable.
    Reading off of random forums does not make you any more correct then a person reading off a random tabloid.

11. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    haha i would love to see someone ridicule them in official media by comparing that 6670 to current top hardware and also mentioning that in just a year or two this 6670 will be worse than integrated vga in motherboars..

12. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Why can't they provide the option to upgrade the gpu for people who want the extra fps!?? And maintain the 30fps as standard...

Motionblur gives me headaches. :puke2:

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    and because console cant sustain this is why pc game suffer. which why i grown to hate console with a passion these days. they hold back pc game tech simply cause, if the make the pc game right they will make there console sales suffer.

I am also quite aware no console or game is really 720p let alone 1080p almost all are sub hd scaled.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    1080p with 4xAA and 16x AF will be easy to do with the new consoles, considering the visuals and performance the existing consoles can pull off with the hardware in them, it won't take much to do this at all.

Most console games are 720p, just not on the PS3 which has been subject to pretty poor ports from the 360 for most of the previous 5 years, so i don't think Sony will make the same mistake again and use such unfriendly hardware.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hah, sadly it's true.

16. shakuvendell

shakuvendell Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 285
    I honestly don't care how much graphics they can pump out. Gameplay is the only thing consoles have going for them anyways, since they are always several generations behind, despite being called "next gen". The PC is the only way to go if you want the best graphics. and with sony and microsoft mostly using the same idea of "Button controls" as the atari, perhaps straying with a stereoscopic camera peripheral, or a patent nightmare like PS Move, the Wii U is the only platform offering something we don't already have in the way of gameplay. There is really no such thing as "Next gen" consoles, and the damn things are bottle-necking the PC game industry with all this "Multi-platform" Bull-crap. Game developers are having to develop with the weakest platform in mind. And we get stuck with screw-ups like Skyrim, which, although a spectacular game, feels too much like a console game. Ahh, but the increasing price of console technology from generation to generation, compared to the steady (As well as often dropping) prices of PC hardware, is probably going to doom the console industry (Along with the system locking of games for xbox 720 and ps4, of course) so I guess I've griped more than I need to...

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    god help pc games if next gen consoles have such ****ty gpu in them. More poor ports to the pc with are in our future.....

If next gen consoles CAN NOT and I repeat CAN NOT do 1080p 60fps with atlest 4x AA I will be done with Consoles. And I dont mean weird resolutions that the system scales to 1080p which what most consoles games are hell most dont even do true 720p.

I tired of looking at console games that cant do those resolutions or have no AA that make my eye bleed.

I have 1080p TV I want to see games in true 1080p

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Most actually can do 720p, it's only the PS3 that gets lots of iffy resolutions, and that is due to with poor porting to the PS3 than anything else, and with the rumours of 4k gaming being possible, i don't see 1080p being an issue as by the time they are out, 1080p will be old fashioned.

PC gaming needs consoles anyway if you want high end visuals, very few developers are willing to invest the money in graphics for PC only games, and Diablo3 has very much proven that, and i personally think most games these days are actually very well ported from a technical point of view, the only thing many games are missing are more FOV options, which personally i don't need but i do understand the need for it.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    4k gaming is nothing but pipe dream for consoles, No tv supports and none will for years to come. Only thing that does is the PC monitors and those need really high end GPU that Console will never have.

Besides at moment only time TV gets true 1080p is when it from a bluray or from one few games that actual pull off true 1080p. All Satellite/cable and fios 720p and 1080p feeds are compressed so much it not even funny.

20. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    As in "outputting a display signal to", not "rendering the games at".

No amount of lean coding will enable a 6670-equivalent to render decent graphics at 4k@60FPS.

When discussing 4k resolutions and future consoles it's far more reasonable to consider media, as it's likely they'll be able to handle 4k video at native resolution.

Rendering games, not so much.

Indeed, I'd argue it's extremely unlikely they'll be able to handle native 1080p@60FPS with the currently rumored hardware. Let alone with AA or other bling enabled.

But hey, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong in that regard.