AMD Catalyst 12.2 Preview Driver (8.940.0 January 20) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Graphics Overdrive off. Crossfire OFF and no morphological filtering.

2. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

really, i can't understand why every driver set that i use with every card (both mobile or desktop and tried with many type of configuration/chipset) doesn't give me the 99% of the problems reported from many users. During this years i read about

- no crossfire
    - no overdrive
    - pink hissue
    - mouse pointer lag
    - no option in ccc
    - bsod
    - extremly bad performance
    - stuttering for ever
    - green flashing texture

and many many other problems...

i'm just a lucky man? or may be i'm just a careful man managing system under my administration? really i won't blame users with problems, but i don't think that it's only a lucky question because in my job (IT techinician) i tried both NVIDIA and AMD/ATI card on very different configuration and notebook and every time with satisfaction.

99% of the problems isn't the 100% but it's totally different than blaming amd/nvidia developer...

3. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    I only had the mouse pointer lag in the corner, and corrupt mouse pointer issues (With Eyefinity enabled 3x1, and Crossfire). The 11 series drivers fixed those problems but then introduced CCC crashing with my hardware config at times. These 12.2s fix that, so I think I'm in the clear now!

I know Skyrim has issues running in Crossfire, so I just don't run it. I get great performance with my single 2GB 5870 with Crossfire Off anyhow.

4. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    I don't think it's included fully with this package. You can download it separately?

5. Matas

Matas Member Guru

GPU:
    Club3D 6950 2GB@990/6300
    Even I get AA under Application profiles, they are broken and don't affect games. Hydravision is not present.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  6. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Are CAPs included with this driver? They were with 11.11c...

7. diems

diems New Member

GPU:
    ATI 6990M
    Ok after trying 8.93, 8.94 and 8.95, I have to say the 12.2 might have slight less FPS then 8.950 but feels more smooth to me in Bf3 gameplay. Clevo P150HM 6990m, high settings, vsync on.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I can get my cards running Skyrim in xfire but get horrible moments of stuttering whenever I play in fullscreen.

If I play in windowed mode it plays pretty much perfect with most everything on high, but then its only using one card as xfire doesn't work when not in fullscreen mode. So either I play in fullscreen and can crank settings to the tits and get a fiendish stutter, or I have to take it back a bit on the settings, play in windowed mode and get perfect smooth gameplay.

SUCKS.

Its definitely not the drivers though. I've experimented with many different configs, changes to the skyrimprefs, you name it. Its the game 100% and I'm just hoping that the 1.4 patch will quash a lot of this crap.

9. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    With all the drivers Preview, I can not clear the Graphic Overdrive. When I apply, is reactivated automatically.
    I do that to remove the fan speed, and to do, I have to remove only the fan box manual, but when I restart the PC, go back to being active, then always on reboot, I have to disable it manually.

Help! How to make the Overdrive Graphic stay off forever saved, include after restart?

10. kasper93

kasper93 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 390
    This driver is a big fail. Nothing in CCC works like it should, there is many missing options and some setting are not saving. I'd suggest to use 9.50 (unofficial) or 9.30 WHQL and leave this 9.40 driver alone.

11. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Playing TDM in BF3 I still have a lack of fps on Caspian boarder, ranging 30 - 45. On all other maps, more or less 50 - 60 at all times besides big explosions with lots of fire and smoke. Damavan peak I get 45 - 50fps mainly. Overall pretty playable. I still think the last patch made the game worse, as I have had crappy fps since on all drivers, since the Back to karkand patch. Some make it better than others though, as many have seen. We will not really know how well these drivers work until they fix the damn game.

About to go hit conquest and see how my Frame rate in a jet varies, although it should work well because everything looks small. I know in SR3 I get better fps in a heli than I do on the ground.

12. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    its the phenom.

13. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I OC'd my cpu to 3.5ghz and after some tests proves stable (OCCT linpack). Same frame rate. I don't think its my cpu fault.

BF3 is now crashing every game and I have to ctrl+alt+del to get out of it. Going back to 8.95 to see if it fixes it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  14. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Hope someone leaks a improved beta XP driver without the showstopping bugs of the sapphire CD driver. There haven't been any XP drivers since the beta on the sapphire CD, which is horribly buggy, and some games/apps shut the card down instantly (like fullscreen CMD prompt). or BSOD. And ati hotkey poller doesn't work either (fails to start). Hopefully someone leaks an updated tested XP driver

15. victoryo

victoryo Guest

GPU:
    Ati 6720G2 1GB
    With these drivers i score 20FPS in Cinebench with openGL.
    With the 8.95 drivers my score was 29Fps.

Also my videocard is shown as a 6520G
    With the 8.95 it said 6600 and 6700M series.
    Because my card is a 6720G2.

So how can i test if the card is fully used and not only the 6520G?

16. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I take it this is a laptop? Have you tried furmark to bench your fps? Also you're trying to CFX these 2 cards?

The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:

Any notebook launched after this driver release
    Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks.
    Toshiba® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
    Sony® VAIO® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
    Panasonic® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)

Not sure if that messes with it but its incompatible with switchable gpu notebooks.

Oh yea also look at this

Fixed - Texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 in DirectX® 11 mode.

Known issue - Battlefield – Bad Company 2 may experience random flickering when run in DirectX® 11 mode.

SO it went from texture flickering to, flickering? That makes sense. What else can flicker?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  17. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Installed these and I have no Control Center. I think something from the 8.95's switchable crap messed up something in the registry.

Event-viewer is full of errors in the ACEEventlog:

0000000034: 2012-01-27 00:01:11:965 Exception <WndProc - Source handler>: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Exception Called by: System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow::WndProc processID:03696 threadID:(HotKeyForm ) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089)

0000000001: 2012-01-27 13:32:58:525 Failed to merge manifest file: C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\MOM-InstallProxy\mom-installproxy.xml with exception: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\MOM-InstallProxy\mom-installproxy.xml'.

0000000002: 2012-01-27 13:32:58:760 Exception <Cannot get CCC NET Version>: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Component.Runtime.Runtime::.ctor processID:03732 threadID:( ) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Component.Runtime, Version=3.5.4359.30301, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

..and so on.

18. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    IMHO XP needs to just die.

You can only run up to DX9 in it... and it is a buggy OS in the first place. You have to perform way more maintenance on it to keep it running well when compared to 7 and even Vista.

Why would you be running an HD7970 on an OS that came out in 2001?

Hope you are at least running XP x64... since 32-bit with a 7970 will only give you maybe 1GB of RAM to use.

19. FearFactory

FearFactory Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX470 4GB
    Missing video options, no GPU overdrive and no voltage regulation on Msi Afterburner with this drivers..

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I have a sapphire 6950, and do not have any of those issues...

try a clean-out with atiman then reinstall.