The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #18

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Mass Effect - 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA, SSAO Quality

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    more

2. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT, now I can play Ju-ON just fine. Perhaps I should try those settings with The Calling too, as there's noticeable lag in there too, albeit much better than Ju-On.

As for Cursed Mountain, didn't know there was a PC version, I assumed both 1 and 2 were Wii-exclusives

3. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Mr. YeaR @ your service [​IMG] now you can enjoy JEW-On properly haha

4. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    with that out of the way lol, any other horror games on the Wii that you can recommend (will look into Cursed Mountain too, of course)? I need something to satisfy my appetite for obscure horror games (without the gun-toting) while waiting for this year's games to pour in

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm that ju-on game looks pretty cool is it worth 30 euros ?

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    hmm i'm afraid i can't really recommend anything other than the titles we're playing atm. :)

if i had a console i would've gladly paid more than 30 euros for it.

check the first 2 and the last 2 screenshots.. i nearly had a heart attack, if you play this game with headphones and in the dark like me.. then god be with you :devil:

upped a video for you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGMF02xXiDo

JU-ON

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  7. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Cursed mountain is so so, Call of cthulu or Penumbra or Cold Fear or Amnesia is way better.

8. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    L.A. Noire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish that GTA IV used a saving system like L.A. Noire

9. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Tomb Raider: Underworld - 4xSGSSAA + HQ SSAO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    more

ok i admit, never played a TR before lol :nerd:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Have you tried Deadly Premonition? It's 360 and PS3 only and its not very well known. It's fantastic though.

11. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    don't have a xbox360 or a ps3, so sadly, no. Will look into it though, just to see on what I'm missing out on

@Stvor: Already played all of those upon their respective releases, I just need a horror game to pass the time really

12. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Demo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Thanks for the info and video Year, much appreciated :)
    really looks like a fun game, think ill give it a go

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    [​IMG]

Captain America

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    King Arthur II / Dead Legions (prologue)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Hi Jonas
    I tried king arthur ii yesterday but framerates are horrible all max @dx11 1080p ~20 FPS at map and 15-20 at battles, graphics are nice and dandy though.. how is your performance??

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I believe that's why the game was delayed from January 7th (Or what it was.) to January 27th which is today, though only the prologue has been released so far, however said prologue was offered as a pre-order incentive if you bought the Steam edition and reports there indicated very poor performance and long loading times outside of the DX9 version but for both the 32 and 64 bit binaries.

I suspect the final release when it arrives later today (Unless it's delayed further.) should perform much better, or at least I hope so.

I get around ~20 to 25 FPS on the campaign map and around 40 to 45 FPS in the battle maps, DX11 version 64-bit with everything enabled outside of VSync, thought it was mostly a CPU limit at first (Smooth animation option especially.) but since the campaign map saw worse framerate I believe it's only down to optimizations and a lack of a profile for the ATI (Unsure about Nvidia) drivers.

There's six exe files (86 and 64 versions along with DX9, DX10 and DX11 variants.) so it might take some time for a better optimized driver profile to arrive, I don't know what the DirectX differences are but I know it's more than just the shader model and general performance although neither offers anti-aliasing or even anisotropic filtering (I have AF forced at 16x though as it nearly always only sees a minor framerate drop and for AA I just added in the SMAA injector and will see if that works though aliasing is pretty mild outside of vegetation, perhaps some shader based solution is already utilized.) anyway I think it's a bit of both, driver optimizations and general game specific tweaks, King Arthur 1 still performs pretty poor even on the current hardware enthusiast equipment and there's a few bugs and stability issues, NeoCore has improved this via numerous patches but it was never fully fixed so hopefully this sequel will fare better as it's a very good game.

This is mostly a guess I have though, I haven't found any official word about this other than some smaller discussion on the Steam forums, I probably should check RAM, CPU and GPU utilization as well, 64-bit is pretty nice to see but matters little if it's poorly optimized to require such amount of RAM for normal stable play experience and CPU usage is critical in these games though I believe it's something they've improved upon specifically which leaves the GPU specific work and driver optimization which I would guess are what needs to be improved specifically.
    (Both via patches and proper driver support, I could re-name the exe file to follow King Arthur 2 - non-Steam version of the prologue is not copy protected, main game is however. - but there's no good profile outside of maybe Shogun 2 as the original game was DX9 only.)

EDIT: I am CPU limited as well I'd imagine, this processor is pretty good and manages OK due to it's four cores and it's higher clock speed but it's not as efficient as the Penryn (Was it? 8000 and 9000 series for Intel) and later, plus of course motherboard improvements (Bus limitations and RAM management for example.) since then, still it holds out OK though I can't just keep upgrading the GPU and ignore this.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  18. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:

what AO flag are you using?
    I think there is none by default, thanks :)

Also you can disable ingame AF and force 16xAF in driver profile it will look sharper

aha ok, but yeah don't expect too much SH series are scarier, idk this CM looked dull most of the time, at least first 1-2hrs, i gave up later :devil:

19. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Thanks Jonas :thumbup:

I tried all AO flags and only 2 flags (Mirror's Edge and Warmonger) are working properly and there are another 2 but they are broken when you captured screenshots(unreal tournament iii and dragon age: origins).. mirror's edge flag is subtle and slightly faster.. i am using Warmonger its better for my taste and you can see fine AO on her breasts clearly lol..

I always prefer nvidia AF over ingame :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    more

20. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:

Sweet, thanks :)

btw, is there a working custom AO string for TR Legend?
    This one http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2006/04/11/tomb_raider_legend_review/3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.