AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.95 January 17) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

/facepalm at people who can't just not respond to flaming...

In a more on-topic matter, I noticed I can't minimize SWTOR when using these drivers. It might just be related to some software on my computer though.

I get the same WEI score as I did on every other driver past 11.12 (6.8 on Aero and Gaming). So there doesn't seem to be any significant increase/decrease in performance on my 5570 anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Falkentyne & heroxoot - you have both received an infraction. It takes two to tango so in future just report the post rather than dragging the thread off topic, thanks.

3. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

it's not a driver that can give you the opportunity to play with 1gb vram with texture on ultra... and msaa it's a features for dual gpu

4. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    I just played with these for several hours on servers with a very wide range of ping and after a few manual reboots... I rebooted a few times just to be sure, because it seems like with many of these new drivers these days, the "smoothness" effect in BF3 goes away after the first reboot. At least for me, I think that I can safely say that this is the best driver for BF3 so far. With these, my memory usage is up about 200-300mb and everything overall is just smoother. BF3 is so much more enjoyable when it's not choppy on very high resolutions

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

5. gaul

gaul Active Member

GPU:
    inc performance, but wrong numbers on GPUZ

[​IMG]

6. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    ccc can crash on first use....than it should not :)

7. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    bad drivers problematic...they are imported by mobile devices or others...

not intended for desktops...DO NOT USE THIS PACKAGE...xgp and cr*p...

8. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    hey use it only for GPU( not all components for all amd HW),..on my ati5850 no problems, win 7 64

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

XGP would only show on certian systems... I did have a couple of driver resets after playing a game for a while, but thats due to the room being low 30C's and having the HD6950 with a HD6950 bios. GPU temps are actually fine (not playing a demanding game), but works fine with lower clocks.

This driver is perfectly fine for desktops as well, its why the unmodified drivers have the desktop cars including HD6900 and HD7900 etc series. True, it may be a little more space efficient to not have the Intel stuff installed, but if that worries you, you shouldn't be using a beta/pre-release driver. I'm not trying to flame anyone in saying that, just pointing it out! Its only ideal for those wanting to try it out, and take the possible risk in doing so! Remember that if reporting issues.

Due to the nature of these drivers, and the fact that its stated! People can't really complain or whinge, only comment.

Examples: (same scenerio each time)
    Comment: (good)
    I tried this problems but had issues with textures in (game), but the rest seem fine! will probably go back to (previous release) and eagerly await for the next driver to try it out :)

Complaint: (not really ideal)
    These drivers are crap they don't work
    *although that may sound like a comment, its a complaint, albeit a mild one compared to some. You didn't say why it was wrong, what hardware/software you are on, what games you had issues with. Basically, its useless piece of info.

Whinge: (bad!)
    These drivers are crap, they don't work. I know more about computers than you, nothings ever my fault in the way its set up. My computer is a perfect setup. Don' t bother with these drivers, I'm sticking with 11.5's on by HD7970. AMD can never get anything right, the 11.5's don't work proeprly with the HD7970. Its crap, its all crap. You don't know anything
    (of course, I replaced what the person would be saying with what they actually mean).

Fact is, since people are warned, and having anything known as a 'beta' or 'pre-release' should be warning enough, people really don't have any right to whinge or complain. Even with proper drivers, is much more helpful to comment which could be helpful. For all we know, you could have been fiddling with other settings with the driver, or have too tight of overclocking settings and be disillusioned that they are stable.

The temperature thing I experienced is a great example. Its probably a non-cooled part of the card getting a bit warm due to the room temp (or possibly something on the motherboard), but most people would insist everythng is fine beceause the rest of the card isn't overheating.

If on a particular driver it does crash in this scenario, and on another it doesn't, it doesn't mean the non-crashing driver is better, it just may not work the card in the same way to trigger the issue. In other words, there may be other issues at play, and to say that all AMD drivers are crap just shows ignorance :)

(my point of the post is that I am having issues with the driver, but the room is much warmer since the last driver I tried, and I know its temperature not driver related. I'll probably go back to a stock speed unlocked HD6950 bios...

Thanks Marthand, please keep these drivers coming!

10. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Hey guys,
    This beta driver works the best in BF3 for me too, but I didn't notice any improvement/change in Skyrim compared to the latest 8.95/hybrid 8.945.

But 1 thing they all have in common - After every reboot, the Windows Mouse settings get restored. That means, the curser speed is set in the middle again and mouse smoothing is checked (enabled). If I uncheck mouse smoothing, it stays so for the rest of my session, but as I said after the next boot up it's restored.
    Of course I'd like to permanently uncheck "mouse smoothing" in the Windows settings, which worked previously. Anybody noticing that too/can help me with that? :D

*Edit: Btw Thanks marthand, much appreciated!!
    *Edit2: Do I need to run ATIMAN Uninstaller in safe-mode too? Driver Sweeper doesn't get all my files/reg keys somehow. Also, is v6 the best?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

11. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    some guys wrote aboute how bf3 smoothness went away after second reboot..actualy i notice again some un-smootness :) i think many things taking part in this game...hard to say whatsup

12. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I was able to play with texture on ultra prior to the patch. And I play with MSAA maxed on every game without an issue. BF3 maxes MSAA at 4x, not like it should be killer, but since B2K patch it destroys frame rate. The patch also caused a lot of people to be unable to play properly.

This driver has given BF3 a lot of power though. It runs smooth. SR3 also runs well. The only issue I have is on startup CCC crashes and has to be restarted. My MSI AB OC works fine. Unofficial OC works. All driver related programs for detection seem fine, liek GPUz. I wish I knew what CCC version this was though. It shows as 11.11 but this one looks way nicer.

I will try playing then reboot and see what happens.

13. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    has anyone tried it with batman ac in dx11 ? Is there any fps boost ? I am still using 11.12 whql.

14. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Does it show proper numbers on CCC? Get MSI AB and check what it says. When I installed msi AB after this driver my max clocks were like 430/500 and I applied my OC profile and fixed it. In game they were only clocking 430/500 according to RTSS OSD.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    atiman uses its own PE system, no need for safemode.

6.2.0 is the latest i believe

16. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Thanks Mac :)
    Will download v6.2 then

Yet my mouse smoothing problem remains :bang:

17. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    File sonic link is dead now due to anti piracy you can no longer use it for sharing.

18. marthand

marthand Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850+Nvidia 8800GTS
    Now filejungle

19. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I was just making it known.

This driver is indeed for laptops. I had a switchable GFX link in my start menu. I have been noticing my GPU will have weird spikes and the clock will be one of like 5 different speeds. Its a little odd.

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I noticed some beta drivers before would give me a switchable GFX link in my start menu too, I just sort of ignored it :p