AMD Catalyst Application Profiles 11.12 CAP3 (January 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Yoshpop

Yoshpop Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 SLI 2.05GHz
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to the people on here. A lot try to come off as experts, but if you notice they are mostly using outdated hardware and single card configurations.

As for these CAPs I am loving them with SWTOR; definitely a nice performance boost.

EDIT: Does your laptop have HT? I disabled that on my 2600k and noticed BF3 was a lot smoother. Although it still doesn't seem to be 100% fluid, maybe my next step is to get a 120hz monitor.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  2. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    I discovered when using this CAP and a mix of High/Medium settings without HBAO in BF3, so I mostly get 110+ FPS and the Microstuttering is gone. So its finally playable without vsync for me (No mouse lag - yay!), yet I have to accept less eye-candy :)

Edit: Yes it has HyperThreading, but I've never really tried to turn it off :eek: do you think it could cause the kind of microstuttering I'm experiencing when having 70-80 FPs?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. Yoshpop

Yoshpop Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 SLI 2.05GHz
    Yes, definitely give it a try. If you google "BF3 Hyperthreading" you will find a ton of discussion regarding the topic.

4. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    my 6990M xfire is on fireee

5. Gaz550

Gaz550 Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH6850 Direct Cu x2
    As of six hours ago on official release notes of CAP3: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

there still was line [*]Star Wars: The old republic : Improves CrossFire performance

But not anymore. Star wars optimization has been removed from release notes.

6. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Ok disabling HT turned out to solve it XD
    What a joke
    Thanks alot!! :D

7. blacblu

blacblu Guest

I want to see Battlefield 3 improvement, dammit.

8. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    thx 4 your good work.......:)

9. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    crossfire in dota 2 doesn't work

10. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    It does.

11. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Crossfire still makes my UI flicker in SWTOR and hasn't made a single bit of difference...

12. warbucks

warbucks Guest

GPU:
    AMD XFX 6950's CFX
    SWTOR was removed from the release notes because the latest patch broke it.

Expect an updated CAP soon to fix this.

13. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    no way dude the ATI drivers team is way too busy working on more important games like:

"Costume Quest – Resolves image quality issues"

14. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    LOL..

Can i use CAP 3 with the new 7970 driver?

15. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    I recently had to sell my 570SLI setup because I need to money to do emergency repairs to my Motorbike so I can get to work. I never had a single problem with that PC but I sold it because it would get me lots of cash quick.

I still had my AMD one lying around from when I got angry at my 5870 crossfire setup and threw them cards at the wall due to constant AMD driver issues from last year. My mate upgraded to 7970crossfire recently and had two 6970s laying about which he sold to me for a couple hundred because they don't have any coolers on them.

Straight away crossfire issues again with SWTOR and it runs like **** on a single card.... Though I recently saw a trick to attach a h70 to your GPUS with tie wraps and have done that to both of them and loving it :D

I just wish'd AMDs drivers were good, all last year they gave me nothing but problems and had to keep waiting for caps to come out for the latest games.

16. BlueDream

BlueDream Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5970
    What problems do you have with it? 11.12 CAP2 finally fixed all the BF3 stutter/hitching issues I had and the game now feels the way I have thought it should from the start, which is a relief because I was seriously considering buying new hardware.

17. raptor

raptor Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy Geforce Gtx 470
  18. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    Crossfire performance is horrible! i get drops down to 50FPS with my two OC'd 7970, and i dont even have MSAA activated, thats not gonna happend with two 7970's.

One card performance i think also could have been bether, its those damn FPS drops, it has to be a driver issue.

And yes, i have tried the CAP2.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  19. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    The only problem I have is when I turn AA on my FPS goes from 80+ to a stuttering mess at around 40.

20. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    MSAA or Post AA?