What the hell........

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by tkin, Jan 19, 2012.

1. tkin

tkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 Lightning
    Guys, WTH is this??

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/01/19/nvidia-kepler-vs-amd-gcn-has-a-clear-winner/

Is he high? Is it sarcasm(even if it is I'd say a very confusing one), or else had nVidia made such good cards?

Comments please.

PS: If its sarcasm(I guess it is) someone needs to give him some literature classes, its the worse sarcasm I had ever seen :puke2:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  2. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    This is scary, coming from Charlie lol.

edit: S|A posters agree with me lol

3. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I just choose to not read anything he writes. He's a moron.

4. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Nvidia made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

5. tkin

tkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 Lightning
    Same here, but for the first time ever in history Charlie said nVidia won, he trashed the 460 and the 560, the most successful nVidia cards after 8800GT like anything, not to mention 480/580 and everything, optimus etc etc.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Obrovsky HACKED SemiAccurate ??

7. tkin

tkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 Lightning
    LOL:

[​IMG]

8. tkin

tkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 Lightning
    The most reasonable answer, but the forums are quiet, and the post looks too well written to be hacked.

9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    just the website name made me chuckle,nvidia will say there cards will be better after being beat off the starting blocks

10. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    meh, official benchmarks prove all.

11. tkin

tkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 Lightning
    You don't know about S|A do you? I had been seeing rumors all month and only now I am acting up, cause this guy, charlie is long term nvidia hater, he hates nvidia like anything, for him to say this is.........

Wait a minute, what he says is false mostly, could this mean ATI cards are better this time? ..... :3eyes:

12. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    No Charlie is always dead-on when it comes to the actual GPU rumors, but his own analysis and especially conclusions tend to be a bit off/misguided lol. He probably thinks the e-peen of the hands-on with Kepler precedes all. Or maybe he had a talk with Fuad from FUDZilla about how the amount of hits simply explodes whenever you release a Kepler rumor.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What interested me most about that story was the mention that the new cards will have DisplayPort. I was using it with my HD 5870 but lost it when I switched to my current GTX 580 and had to use HDMI as NVIDIA have never supported as many display ports as AMD have. Good news (if true).

But Semi-Accurate praising NVIDIA is not something I expected and, unless that's a fake post, then it leaves me even more excited for the new cards in March/April or whenever.

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Why? DIsplayort has nothing over HDMI. Both are equal, except DisplayPort is something Apple is trying to claim as their own and charge people out the ass.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My HP monitor has DisplayPort and I have a lead that's why!

16. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    DisplayPort is meant to displace DVI and VGA. HDMI is a multimedia focused standard. You should read up more on both standards to understand why both exist.

17. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Dell's been using DP since 2008.

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Charlie must be really impressed.. But even if he is I still wouldn't have seen this coming, actually writing something good about Nv for once.

Still not a decent flagship card imo :p double the 480/580 and I'll be happy enough to go high end again.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Everyone knew Kepler would be great.
    Nvidia didn't win record number of laptop designs for nothing.
    But Charlie... No one can explain the motives behind his anti-Nvidia campaign.
    I don't trust that kook for a sec.

Just last month he was claiming Kepler is broken beyond fixable!!!

BTW deafening silence on S|A.
    Local Kepler thread got updated with 2 posts :roll:

Charlie's trogolodytes trying to wrap their head around GCN being spanked. I doubt they got much sleep tonight :infinity:

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No wonder Semi-Accurate were impressed if this is true:

http://www.guru3d.com/news/geforce-kepler-104-gk104--256bit-gddr5-memory-bus--225w-tdp-/

"Another report has revealed more details on the NVIDIA GK104 GPU (graphics processing unit) based graphics card. This is the chip that will power the Santa Clara, California-based company's mainstream cards, also known as mid-range models. That means that the GK104 will land on the card, or cards, that will succeed the GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

That is to say, the successor to the GTX 560 Ti will have a performance around the level of AMD's Radeon HD 7900 series. The GK104 has a memory interface of 256 bits and will be backed by up to 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM.

Meanwhile, the TDP (thermal design power) is of 225W.

Needless to say, the implications of this are massive, but one should not be too quick to jump headlong into excitement just yet. But when looking back at the GeForce 400 series being prepared, there was a similar level of hype, with many hoping for a product series that would clearly best AMD's Radeon.

The GTX 680 could arrive as early as February."

Nothing has been 100% confirmed yet so take this with a liberal pinch of salt. However, if it is true then the high-end card must be really something special...