Geforce 290.53 Driver released.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Dec 21, 2011.

1. okano666

okano666 Active Member

GPU:
    480GTX SLI 800/1600/2K

The game fails. The coding fails. They didnt even make there own game engine and they sure as hell are struggling to optimise it. I would hardly blame nvidia for that...

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Besides of that, I have 80-111fps @1920*1080 with everything except the ugly shadows on max, and that with AA*8
    The game doesnt fail for me either. ;)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  3. pakko

pakko Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX580 WindF3 SLI
    I still don't get it if ManuelG know about the "always full 3D clock bug" while on desktop with no 60Hz refresh rate...

4. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    Indeed. SWtOR's engine is atrocious.

5. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Both wrong. CSAA Bug is also on older Drivers and costs still more Performance.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  6. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Yes and this bug started when nvidia hacked/implemented deferred AA with 266.xx +, so your point is again?

Also CSAA may have been bugged before with 270-275.xx, but at least it looked better then now since 280.xx+.

7. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    With older Drivers, there are no Differences (R275.xx) shows the same Quality. Also possible the CSAA allows no better Quality due to the AA Bits.

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    wow, still no new drivers, beta of otherwise. wonder what the heck the hold up is?

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Nothing to fix? :p

I'm personally not in need of a new driver.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'd like to have a driver with all the TDR fixes they were talking about. Only crysis 2 gave me a problem so far but still! :p

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i'm hoping the next driver will have optimizations for Serious Sam 3 using SLi. the devs are supposed to be working with NV to help with this issue ...

12. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    compared to what, 290.xx? yea sure.

Also just so you know, r275 already has some AA tweaks and I could use higher AA in U3E games.

r270 had bigger perf. impact in U3E with 4xAA, 16xcsaa was out of the question, with r275 i was already able to use 16xcsaa, but since r280+ im able to use 16xQcsaa but it looks like 2-4xaa at its best lol

Anyway, I reported this to nvidia tech, so idc what you have to say, sorry.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  13. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    As written, I'm not sure whether it ever a Bug or there may be a Compatibility limitation is because these Games support officially no AA.
    Show Compare Screenshots between old and new Drivers incl. exact Settings. It must be reproducible, otherwise it makes no Sense.

14. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    Name me one good reason why should I show you proof and install old 270.xx driver,

Are you nvidia driver tech?

Because that part when you said "it makes no sense" won't cut it.

15. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    What exactly is this TDR issue? After I installed 16GB RAM I sometimes get this freeze for 1 second, is this it?

Edit: The freeze is always when the GPU is used, movies, games etc. But fine on the desktop.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

16. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    @S†v0r: I mean just that, you should claim not Things, if they can not prove it.

17. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    Who they?

You still haven't answered my question, are you nvidia driver technician? :p

Well I'm very sensitive when it comes to IQ or performance fluctuations by certain game. I've been playing mostly MP games: UT3, COD4,5, Dirt2,3, TF2, L4d2 so i know all these games IQ inside out.

Also few months ago before 285.xx, I've been switching back and forth to 270.90, 280.xx P-state bug, 275.xx were kinda wonky so i kept returning to 270.90 until 285.xx..
    And yes I saw those AA issues here and there, the biggest impact was by UT3 AA flag idk why, but it looks like when they optimized other stuff this UT3 flag somehow got in the way and they downgraded its IQ for performance reasons, especially CSAA modes.
    MassEffect 2 AA flag looked better on UT3 then its default AA flag with 285.xx driver, i didnt test 290.xx ME2 AA flag on UT3 yet though..

Well that's what I saw and I know Anarion isn't lying either, he's a MassEffect fan so I'm sure he will tell if there is a difference in IQ or not. :)

@aayman_farzand

no TDR is when driver resets it self, that what you see must be something different. The only time i saw this TDR was when i OC'ed my gpu too much with too little voltage, then driver crashed with this driver stopped responding message.

Maybe you get P-state (full3D freq.) spike in that time and driver monitoring halts it for a split sec? well i saw this sometimes in FF9, but it doesn't TDR.

Also now that you have more ram, maybe you need to adjust system voltage a little, use more QPI/PLL voltage?

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    @S†v0r

he's the guy that we have to thank SGSSAA working full screen DX10/11
    remember alpha test bug turned feature?

also... picture speaks thousands words ;)

19. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Ahh thanks for clearing that up, no driver resets here. I'll try your suggestion, thanks again :)

20. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    ^
    ok np :)

sparsegrid SSAA?

Idk i never use that, i tried it once in Fear2 but it looked ugly blurry mess.. >.<

or did you mean that trick if you use 4xmsaa + TrAA:4xSS then it makes this supersampling?