SWTOR (Star Wars MMO) -- And Crossfire? Any ideas on how to make Xfire work?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Logikos, Dec 22, 2011.

1. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    so does sli work?

2. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
    I'm using 11.11c with 11.11 CAP3 along with the atiumdag.dll (RadeonPro AFR Profile) people were using for Skyrim which can be found here, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ICEDIU66.

I think this is using an Oblivion profile with AFR? Anyways I get great scaling on my 5850s using 4x AA with 80%+ on both cards.

The .dll needs to be placed here, "Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient"

I've tested with CFX on and off, and I definitely have a smoother experience when using AA with Crossfire on. I also play with vsync enabled.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  3. Homonculus1987

Homonculus1987 Guest

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    Anyone got this game to use both GPU's in a 5970?

4. Runz

Runz Active Member

GPU:
    CF 7970 Sapphire Ref.
    I have found with my setup that in order for CF to work I have to have SWTOR in Fullscreen mode. Windowed mode and Fullscreen (Windowed) both cause my second card to shut down.

For now I am content running it on one card at 5760x1080.

5. Matthew Simis

Matthew Simis Active Member

GPU:
    HD7970 + GT240 Physx
    Yes, 12.1 does natively but with crap results. Make a SWTOR.exe profile (using 12.1 Cat, not RadeonPro) and force it to Optimise 1x1. It then uses nearly 99% all the time (outside of CPU/engine bound Fleet congestion). Im running at 6080x1200 so at lower res maybe less % usage.

One of the other bizarre oddities is that setting 4x or even 8x AA in CCC results in higher FPS for most people. Look it up, several guides (not on this forum). You can even get SMAA Injector working with SWTOR now, but involves disabling LAA in SWTOR, so not recommended. Better fix incoming hopefully.

Virtually everyone has to set Bloom Off, Shadows Low and Shader Complexity Low. I get 1fps with them enabled despite still having enough VRAM. They dont really even improve visuals.

Wouldnt that be normal for SLI and Crossfire? Ive never seen them work correctly in Windowed (non-exclusive) modes.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  6. Runz

Runz Active Member

GPU:
    CF 7970 Sapphire Ref.
    My Sli always worked fine in windowed, and others act like it will work with CF in SWTOR with some driver updates.

7. Matthew Simis

Matthew Simis Active Member

GPU:
    HD7970 + GT240 Physx
    Interesting, I assumed this was working as intended with Crossfire and didnt want to upset the ATI driver gods... :)

8. Runz

Runz Active Member

GPU:
    CF 7970 Sapphire Ref.
    I don't believe so, My thoughts are that all that needs to happen is a hand off that even though I am in windowed mode I want the cards to run in CF.

I think its just them working the kinks out of the card shutdown stuff.

9. Homonculus1987

Homonculus1987 Guest

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    Thanks I have all my settings maxed on my 560 ti and I dont get any slowdowns at all even with 16x AA put into my config file. I'll have my friend try those steps listed.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I get this as well - same in ArmA 2.

One alt-tab gets rid of it but it's annoying. It has something to do with Vsync.

I am actually finding this to be the case with about 50% of what I have tried now.

I have put my 580s back in. Hopefully we'll get a driver update or 2 soon and I will try again but I had several BSODs etc.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

11. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    The new 11.12 CAP3 profile works pretty good.

I'm running the game at 1920x1080 with shadows on high, AF on medium, AA on low, and everything else maxed out with Vsync and it's pretty smooth so far with both cards working properly.

Now for EA/Bioware and the GPU companies to sort out those weird graphic glitches with power relays and such, and the game will be looking great!

12. Gaz550

Gaz550 Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH6850 Direct Cu x2
    Seems that CAP3 do not have any star wars optimizations. Official release notes have been modified and they do not show star wars optimization altough at first when CAP3 were released they were there: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

13. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Looks like with patch 1.1 they fixed the graphical bug with the power relay world objects. They now correctly display a blueish plasma effect instead of the glitchy green disco laser freakshow.

If you look in the pre-defined profiles list after installing CAP3 you'll see they added a SWTOR profile.

So either the change not being listed in the release notes is an error or they've only implemented a working profile at this point and decided not to tout performance increases quite yet.

Either way CFX is working *in fullscreen*

:Edit: CatalystCreator tweeted about it

CatalystCreator Andrew D
    To follow on with new SW TOR CAP - new CAP is in the works ...
    4 hours ago
    Andrew D
    CatalystCreator Andrew D
    Also latest CAP can be found here: *******/9FDuCb - it did have a CF profile for SW : TOR, but latest patch of game caused issues

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  14. ghost_one

ghost_one Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    so , whith the newest ATI drivers , are you guys seing good numbers with CF ? or still bad ? :S

( planning on getting a second 6970 and wanted to know if it is worth it )

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  15. chronicbint

chronicbint Member

GPU:
    ATI 6850 CrossfireX
    Worked generally fine for me CF before I cancelled my subs. :)

16. Gaz550

Gaz550 Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH6850 Direct Cu x2
    State of crossfire and swtor is discussed in this thread:http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=358191

In short. Latest (now pulled back) caps brought good performance boost, but also bugs.

17. cl0k

cl0k Member

GPU:
    XFX 6970
    guys what about single gpu? wich drivers work better on SWTOR?

18. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    I've been using 12.2 preview and they work good in single gpu.

19. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    After i updated to the new drivers, the game starts doing a flickering over and over on the ground, im so done with a wow in space type game, and no i never played wow because how the mechanics work

20. ghost_one

ghost_one Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    same thing for me :( shadow flicker with antialising on )

this did not happend with 12.1 Rotary8 ?