Fast food... is there a better alternative to dinning out cheap??

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by sublime20, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    im sure there can be a "Healthier fast food joint but to make one cheap is a whole different stroy.. if you want fresh non-processed foods.. your gonna pay more money because without all the stuff they do to process food theres a higher chance of spoilage....

but wouldnt it be true that fast food sells quicker and is made quicker because of it being fast??? if thats the case theres no need for processed food products that are loaded with fillers and preservatives and grease because the food is made and prepped as soon as it is recieved.... i see a conundrum here

2. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Nice racist comment. :thumbup:

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    There are quite a few healthy fast food places.
    Sandwich bars and supermarkets.

You can get packaged hot food (like roast chicken) from supermarkets, they also sell sandwiches and other cold foods, as well as pre-made meals you can microwave.
    There are some decent currys at the supermarkets, and they do pretty low priced takeouts for 2 of Indian and Chinese meals.
    (at least they do in the UK, hope its the same where you are)

4. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti

good call!! thats a very racist comment..

5. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    Panera bread

6. methylbenzoate

methylbenzoate Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 550 Ti
    Chipotle.

It's a little more expensive, but the food is of high quality. The burritos are very big, so you might even split one with another person to save money.

7. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Actually their bread is packed full of crap and the cheese is just wrong.

Fast food, something based on pasta is fast and damned delicious like linguine or even bolognaise can be done in 20-30 minutes.

8. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Get a grip.

He's clearly referring to the Americanisation of Mexican food, not saying it's **** because white people cooked it.

9. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    if you're living in the US, has anyone else been seeing those new KFC $.50 Hotwings commericals? They promote it as "the taste is inside the chicken" making you believe there is a new delicious taste to them. showing all the spices being tossed around lol. So last Friday I got some Hotwings and they still taste like they always have been... lol. It wasn't even spicy. i think i got an old batch as it didn't taste fresh. fresh batch hotwings are awesome!!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  10. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Where the heck can I get this? I want one.

11. Cambria

Cambria Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB

Yea ma and pa places are usually actually pretty good. We have one here in my town thats been around for decades and is family owned, and surprisingly still in business seeing as how its only open when they feel like being open. They seriously have no set open/close hours.

I used to go to MCDs EVERY night after work for 2 and a half years when I worked at UPS and ordered 4 big macs every night and ate them all. Mostly due to the fact when I got off work I was DYING of starvation from working so hard that I couldnt wait to eat. And I still only weigh 123lbs. I weighed even less back then, somewhere around 110lbs.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Explain to me how it's racist in any way shape or form? All he meant was that real south of the border food is far better than the adopted "mexican" cuisine we see in this country (which isn't actually mexican most of the time).

13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB

You guys are making me hungry. :cheers:

14. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Obviously there's not a lot of healthy choices offered at fast food places. Wendy's & Chick Fillet have grilled chicken sandwiches that are much better for you that deep fried ones. Wendy's chili is mostly onions, green peppers and beans with a tad of ground beef mixed in. Wendy's also has baked potatoes, if you don't dump a ton of butter and salt on it then it's not to bad for you. Most fast food places serve salads. The trick is not to mix what healthy things they do offer with things like soda and greasy, salty fries - it kind of defeats the point!

15. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    he said "white people's mexican"

it would be no different if i had said something like "black people's mexican" or "mexican's white people food"
    i would be shot down soo quickly and called a racist

just so you know
    im not mad at all....

im just saying watch how you word stuff

if you meant people who arent mexican then say :

"its better than how non hispanics cook mexican food"

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Nonsense. He meant versus authentic Mexican FOOD. He wasn't talking about people. I'm sure a tortilla somewhere was offended.

17. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Well, not to derail the thread any more, but yes, it was referring to a class of people by race ("white people") followed by his own apparent stereotype. He could have said it differently, but he didn't and the wording he used was racist.

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It was referring to the type of FOOD. Now if you can prove to me that food is offended, I'll agree with you.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Who cares what he meant,its his opinion as a human being in a supposedly civilized world on a civilized forum,if people dont like it they should leave the thread or add him/her to the ignore list.

20. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    back on topic.... i have to say.. I love a place called "Daphne's"!! i would consider it fast food...i love gyros not gonna lie!!! plus theyre healthy for you im sure... a mix of lamb/beef with onions and hummus and flat bread.. greek food seems legit!! ill stick to it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.