Why Guru3D probably never will review Ubisoft titles anymore

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    just when i thought Ubi couldn't get any worse..

2. Nictron

Nictron Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 3070 Dual OC
    The pirates will still pirate and the paying customer suffers!

3. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Would be surprising if they didn't fix this, or at least not do it in any other games ever again once they realize the mistake... As someone said, maybe the wrong person was being spoken to lol (their fault). Pretty damn unprofessional, and plain stupid. :eyes::eyes::eyes:

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    It wont just be guru3d, but all hardware reviewers will drop ubisoft games because of this.

5. gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7970 3GB
    hello,

yesterday i read your article and got really pissed about the matter.
    coincidently i know the guy who you should have talked to from the beginning regarding that issue. i (and himself) don't know why the guys from ubisoft, didn't point you directly to him, because they usually do give reviewers keys with a lot more activations, but here goes. i met him yesterday in a pub and told him about this. he will be contacting you soon.

edit: i didn't find your mail address, could you pm it to me plz, so i can forward it to him?

edit2: nevermind, i found the contact form...it got really late yesterday... :p

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  6. Segamon

Segamon Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    this isn't how to do business and sure isn't how to treat customers. perhaps on the short run they will cash in but it sure will back fire sometime later unless they do something to prevent or avoid it.

i'm involved in benefiting Ubisoft and its likes and might never be.

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

You got PM

8. rta

rta Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970
    even if you were to keep reviewing their products i quit buying them years ago and have no intentions in supporting that company in the future.

9. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    Yes this is no way to treat reviewers nor paying customers, i have a similar "experience" with EA and red alert3 where you can only have 5 installs, naturally when i format i forget to uninstall the game so after 5 formats i cannot use it anymore and have to write them and it takes over a month for them to just respond and than another 2 weeks to enable more installs. Companies likes that scare customers away from them or even worse promote piracy that way. It is very disappointing. And i fully support you in your decision to let such companies out.

10. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56

11. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    **** Ubisoft man.

12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well, in the EULA it says:

so the support is unable to reset it manually..But its new to me that after 30 days its resseting the activation automaticly..

still, its bad...i dont like that..i guess i stick to GOG Games..No DRM, no hassle..just buy and have fun...:)

13. sardine

sardine Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070
    I used a No-CD crack on crysis,, the ONLY reason i done this as I had so much trouble getting my drive to recognise the inserted disc, several ejects and re-inserting would eventually read the disc.

This is a fault of the disc not my drive, (pioneer) and is a known issue..

I love the No-Cd crack,, not having to search for my disc etc as i have limited space on my desk and usually keep my discs in a pouch or upstairs on a shelf. also if i turn on my pc with the crysis game in the drive the pc would stick at post trying to read it before giving up and booting windows still reving up trying to read it.

To be honest every game i buy i see if there is a No-cd for it so i can leave the disc in its box.

I'm an old gamer and i like the feel of a retail box, I loved special edition Oblivion with the coin and maps etc,, but I No-cd them all so i can leave them in the box after the problems i had with my crysis.

So does this make me a pirate ?? i could say the same about my wife copying her original audio CD's into iTunes and then to her ipod.. hmmm!!

14. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    these kind of drm's are never about protecting against pirates, it's always been anout forcing you to buy more copies and killing the 2nd hand game market

15. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    3 hardware changes? someone should sue them for good...
    3hardware changes = every six months you update something.. add more ram/hdd/new vga/ cpu+mb/ new soundcard so thats 6total options.. or even more.. and the game should last you for 10years!

16. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    the law apparently forbids the use of NoCD or Cracks even for personal use afaik.

but still i wouldn't consider you a pirate, if you can't get your legit game working, then using a crack, law or no law, i think it's fair enough. ;)

i don't pirate any game but i use nocds with a few "stubborn" games.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  17. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    way to go hilbert, totally support this. However it looks like ubisoft wont ever care since they are slowly dropping PC versions of their new franchises.

18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well Guru3D its one of my Homes along side xtremesystems and kingpincooling , so i did what i think its correct and started to share this information with ohter websites and linking them to this tread and the techpowerup one too. I think the shi* its about to hit the fan for Ubisoft , this news are about to become viral.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357187

http://www.techpowerup.com/158717/A...Guru3D-s-Graphics-Card-Review-Killed-Off.html

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...phics-Card-Review-Killed-Off-at-Tech-Power-Up

http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1586

19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    As a customer I'm really getting rather pissed about the whole DRM protection methods many of these companies are going for. If I buy the game I should be able to play it however on whatever machine I want or several machines if I own them which yeah I have several computers. BF3 I've yet to play out of frustration of EA's push of Origin...I shouldn't have to load crap software after I purchase the physical copy of the game to play..with that I should be able to load it on any machine I wish to load it on following the policy of me owning the comps.

With that I've nearly givin up PC gaming or gaming in general as I have no time or desire to rack my brain about the whole situation.. shame too I see nothing but issues in the future as these game publishers force this type of junk into people's faces.