nVidia promised us drivers once a month, what happened ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hammie, Jan 9, 2012.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, avoid nVidia designed reference cards (which every manufacturer sells) and stick solely to eVGA....that's going to be hard since eVGA uses reference cards....

Reference design cards from eVGA, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Galaxy, Palit, etc....all the same.

2. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    +1

I have seen all types of addications but never one for gpu drivers.:banana:

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    LOL did u read OP?

He has no problem with current driver worth mentioning, but he needs a new one :p

4. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Yes 295.53 are solid. Im just worried about the ATI fan boy,, cuz their interns cant make drivers ever since all in wonders days,, x800 xt pe soo many SBSOD and not working uintanllinatll

With nVidia new driver install interface you dont even have to remove or uninstall everything,, it updates and keep your settings .... Its beautiful I have not had a single nvidia issue in my life,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gl

5. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    What in the hell are you even talking about? Did you fall down and hit your head?

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Actually, the new installer is the same as what AMD has been using for a while :p

7. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Isn't arguing that you've never had a single driver issue a moot point? Just because you never experienced an issue doesn't mean that the product is issue free. I don't care what camp you're from, it's true to anything that involves computers.

Indeed. Hasn't it been the standard with AMD for at least 5 years now?

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    A lot of the problems from both "camps" are caused by configuration issues, tweaking, etc, and are not directly related to the drivers. Some problems are even caused by directx....

9. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    I totally agree with you. However, I can think of examples from both camps where there were honestly related to the drivers. Champions Online for Nvidia and Bad Company 2 for AMD come to mind.

10. Stevebutabi

Stevebutabi Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC

Pretty sure this guy should be wearing a helmet at all times.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    No driver is flawless....but if they contained all the problems people claim they do, they'd never get released.

I'm inclined to agree with you...

I had an x700Pro that was solid....and I used every driver I could install for it...

12. Risco

Risco Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650M
    Sure nVidia don't release a driver each month, but look at where that got ATI! Shoddy, half baked drivers that fix one thing and break another. At least nVidia drivers on the whole work with most games due to the substantially better relationship they have with developers as opposed to their rivals.

13. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I used an HD5770 for over a year, and one beta driver BSOD on me, just installed a non beta driver and it was all fine. And friggin Edge Detect AA, i loved that stuff.

Still, the driver enforced AO its neat for lots of games that i played a lot (all Beth's RPGs since 2005 for example lol).

But my experience with my HD5770 was almost flawless. Really nice card when i bought it. So my pov in this issue is buy the card that i can buy with the budget that i have at the moment, AMD or nVidia it doesnt matters, the only thing that matters is performance. If i have 200 bucks i buy whatever card sits at that price point. The recommended prices of both companies are designed in such a way that you cant go wrong, the only thing that can screw you up is the retailer, but if the retailer follows prices guidelines, then its pretty hard to choose badly if you buy according to your budget rather than brands (that said, non reference designs do make the choise harder).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I almost went with an HD6870 for $170....but, I hate reference coolers and my GTX560Ti has a dual fan "custom" cooler that works rather well, so I spent the extra $40 to get it. No regrets so far.

15. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    That's exactly my point. In the world of technology, it's impossible to have a flawless product. It's best to stick with what gives the end user the least issue, even if that means sticking with older driver versions if need be ( again, referencing the two examples I listed above ).

16. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    So still nothing? I thought we would see a new driver today..

-_-

17. signas_86

signas_86 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI Watercooled
    yeah...still waiting..i got random crash in skyrim

18. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    That would almost certainly be a skyrim problem.

19. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Using both the 285.62 and 290.53, no issues in Skyrim on my 460M. Sounds like something else may be causing the issue.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Did someone take your Sweetroll?