G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The save file data contains info via Skyrim.esm / Update.esm and any other plugins you are using, nothing from the exe or actual game code is stored there as far as I'm aware.
    (Format is a bit different but as with Morrowind the .ess file is basically a "mod" loading up the changes you've done to the game and your character to try and describe it fairly simple.)

EDIT:

Yes, quests, scripts, gmst, globals cells and all that (All modified records the player alters in his/her game.) are stored as modified from the save file, and are all part of Skyrim.esm or Update.esm originally.

Code changes via Skyrim.exe (Or when said code is modified via SkyBoost / TesVal or similar.) should not be saved or stored in any way though such changes can affect the save game of course.

Since such modified data can interfere with the how the game works or well how the game engine operates (Like say the example you showed or the typo error in the code from the first release of TesVal.) the behavior of the game changes accordingly, I notice a bit more stuttering with SkyBoost myself but it's improved a bit (It wasn't very noticeable to begin with though.) in this second r4 test release. (Being that it operates on the source code of Skyrim or well it's exe file or what to call it any mistake can be very severe although usually Skyrim just does that silent crash to desktop when it encounters such a bug.)

I'm not that good at explaining so I apologize if I misunderstood you. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Quest advancement and other stuff is saved too. Cells that are not renewed are saved in their most recent appearance until the game renews the cell and its flushed of the save file (from there it comes the issue with PS3 low performance).

Inside quest advancement you have script variables, NPCs, objects, inside cells, more objects, more NPCs.

Read my example, you dont have to store SkyBoost into a save file for it to bork something. If for some reason, a script variable is assigned wrong, or updated wrong, or something like that, it may end up on your savegame file.

As i said, Skyboost operates on a very low level, it doesnt needs to affect directly stuff that happens on the game, like object IDs or scripts, it just needs that the game uses one of the functions it optimizes in a way that it isnt prepared to work for any action the game may want to do, from simple NPCs schedule updating, to massive scripted events like Alduin's battles.

Wich is what happened for a bunch of users that started a new game with r2.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    So I've completed the Imperial vs Stormcloaks quest a long time ago, is there another main quest or is that it?

I'm starting to lose interest simply wandering around looking for things to do...

4. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Bleh, can't play Skyrim. Steam won't Login. Says there is problems with the Servers.

6. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    That's not really the main quest. The MQ is about you being the awesomeborn and ending the dragon threat. But i know how you feel. I've almost completed all the interesting quests and starting to lose interest.

Can't wait for the horse armor! :banana:

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I wish there was a more depth to the characters, like in New Vegas where some NPC's (such as Rose of Sharon Cassidy) had lots to talk about.

8. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Its all good, i was just pointing a case in wich something indirectly influenced by Skyboost may end on a savegame.

Remember the huge screw up of Beth with Shivering Isles? When their IDs didnt worked as expected and the game started erasing stuff from gameworld spaces. That was a lower level issue rather than a scripting issue (it did was made worse by a particular script but such script should have worked normally if the engine was patched up before). And the stuff that the game erased couldnt come back since such changes were written in the savegames of the affected ppl.

Glad that i bought Shivering Isles like a month after release and not right away :p

Such is the risk of messing with the low level stuff rather than .esp and texture/mesh replacers, but the rewards do seem nice as Arisu and Alexander proved :nerd:
    I wish like the entire game was written by Obsidian lol I dont even mind the followers, i want more character! More interesting ppl! Sadly it seems than further spin offs of both FO series and TES series are highly unlikely :( So i guess it will be all "in house" from now on...

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Went back to SkyBoost R3 aswell, R4 is crashing.

Nvm, my Skyrim is simply ****ed up again. Disabled all Mods and it keeps crashing when i open the World Map.

Starting to hate this game.

EDIT:

There we go, uninstalled bye bye Skyrim. Wasted money.

10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i play without issues, please give it another shot.. leave skyboost alone people are always having issues, try this mate

-skyrim + all patches
    -SKSE
    -TESV Acceleration Layer
    -this iCCC ENB "MUST USE ENB VERSION ..why cus it stops the freezers 100% and crashes"
    http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=180

to get the most out of the above FXAA mod link use this guide

I HAVE THE ABOVE SETUP WITH GIGS OF HD TEXTURES I MEAN LIKE 6GB+ ALSO OTHER MODS AND I GET NOT ONE ISSUE, before i installed the ICCC ENB i got constant freezes and crashes to desktop, but now i can play fps plenty and never notice a stutter or lag or anything to put me off the game ahead

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  12. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
  13. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    any before or after shots ?

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The page you linked to is fine but when I view the readme online (first link in the description), I get this
    [​IMG]

fyi

15. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Looks like Gears of War with that mod.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It also crashes without any Mods and or FXAA stuff.

It 100% crashes when i try to exit Jorrvaskr (The Companions Hangout). Whatever i do or which door i take when i want to go out into Whiterun it crashes during the loading screen. So either i'm locked in or i gotta make sure i never ever enter that place again.

I have uploaded my last save game, it's infront of the Jorrvaskr building. Could anyone try this save game and enter Jorrvaskr and try to exit. See if it crashes aswell.

http://www.mediafire.com/?whuzroxr3wy23yf

17. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Have you tried loading an older save? Maybe the last one is corrupted (it happened to me too, CTD in loading screen, lost 3 hrs of gameplay)...

Anyway, I highly recommend this lighting mod, it's not that heavy and it looks great, imo: http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1875

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seems the Jorrvaskr CTD's are happening to a lot of people after googling about it. One of the 5984769846 bugs in Skyrim most likely :)

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm. thanx for warning man. iam currently using Avira Premium and it gave me no warnings..hmm..

with that mod my game also seems that it gained a boost in performance ..because it disables the POST PROCESSING? no idea.

20. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Its false positive, that link/site is clean.

My nod32 5security didn't whine and its very sensitive when it comes to this favicon.ico/ generic trojans web blocking.

edit:

this is from that readme file

***INSTALLATION***

Manual Installation:

1. Unzip the files anywhere.
    2. Move the ESP file 'Realistic Lighting - Full' into the Data directory of your Skyrim installation (located inside the steam folder, under steamapps/common/skyrim).
    3. Delete the optional files from previous versions. (They all have "RL -" or "Realistic Lighting -" prefix)
    4. (Optional) Move the files you want from the optionals folder to the Data folder. Click here to see descriptions of them.
    5. When starting Skyrim, click on data files, and make sure the 'Realistic Lighting - Full.esp' or the optionals you want are checked.
    6. Run Skyrim!

---------------
    ***BASICS***
    Makes the lighting more realistic without the use of screen shader injections or other post-processing. This means there will be no performance decrease at all, and all weather and locations have unique light settings!

The "fixes" in this mod for exteriors:

- More powerful sun color
    - Lighter sunset/sunrise skies
    - Lighter cloudy skies
    - Darker ambient color
    - Very dark nights (If it's too dark, you may need to fix your monitor's brightness, try this
    - Fixed color balance and saturation for all weather types to look realistic/neutral - Removed bloom - Removed forced contrast increase

For interiors:

- Removed fake "reflected light" color
    - Darker interiors
    - Very dark dungeons
    - Fixed saturation, the color balance was fine
    - Removed bloom (candles still glow from particles)
    - Removed forced contrast increase

This affects all weather, all interiors, and all dungeons. Some special quest areas or quest weather states may not be affected. I think this also makes the game have a considerably more dark and ominous feeling than a "fantasy paradise" feeling that I always got from Oblivion and default Skyrim. Also note that this won't decrease performance at all, and for some people the removal of bloom may actually improve performance.
    ----

***DEVELOPMENT NOTES***
    What to expect for this mod after the release of the CK:

Most things can be done now too, except for effective scripting, quest-making, and by-hand building of cells. These things CAN be done already, but they would take ages without the nice interface and tools in the CK.

What will change... depends on how powerful the new scripting language is. If it's very powerful, then there could quite possibly be some huge improvements. If it's a lot better and more powerful then Oblivion scripting, things that could change are:
    - Real HDR adaption through scripting
    - Dynamic replacement of all point lights in a cell to delete lights without a light source and add lights to all light source models
    - Droppable torches/other light sources that give off light

If it's the same or similar to oblivion, then it will be pretty limited and only minor things will change. With an oblivion-style scripting language, it might be possible to have:
    - moon phases affect night brightness
    - torches give off less light at day and have a bigger radius at night/in dungeons
    - buildings with windows get brighter during the day and darker at night

---

Known problems as of current version:
    - Some textures can be too bright at mid-day. Waiting for a real HDR shader to fix this, or you can use the optional darker 1024x1024 snow textures.
    - Some objects' lighting gets darker/goes away when you move far away from an object at night. This happens in vanilla as well, but it harder to notice because lights aren't as strong at night. Example:
    http://imgur.com/a/a1Tnl#0
    It appears to be an engine bug. I guess there's a maximum number of lights that can apply to entities at once, or something like that, and if a torch is nearby then the other lights in the area don't apply correctly. Seems to only happen with carried lights nearby, from NPCs or the player.
    - Cloud color near horizon is off in some weather types. Fixed some of these with 1.5a, I will fix all of them with 1.5b.
    - Some interiors use the wrong lighting templates or imagespaces, so they may be brighter or darker than intended. Don't want to change because it requires editing the cells, and I wouldn't do it until the CK anyway.

--------

***CHANGE LOG***

Version 1.6a
    - Fixed over bright interiors in Riften and Whiterun.
    - Made solitude interiors a little lighter.
    - Deleted accidental exterior changes from the dungeons only optional file.
    Version 1.6
    - Changed optionals configuration.
    - Added comparison screenshots to the readme
    - Tried to simplify file names and descriptions as much as possible.
    - Fixed occasional too bright lights/weird night lighting in cities from 1.5b/c.
    - Fixed daytime color balance even more to stop the "yellow photo filter" effect.
    - Brighter nights ESP is is less bright than 1.5c.
    Version 1.5c
    - Fixed readme to be easier to understand and accurate.
    - Fixed brighter nights ESP to actually be brighter.
    Version 1.5b
    - Fixed another problem with clouds being black/dark gray in some areas.
    - Added more optional ESPs.
    - Made the "eye adaption" effect less apparent.
    - Made some city interiors lighter (more like 1.2-1.4).
    - Made torches and the magic light spells have even bigger radii. They're now 2000-3000, previously 1280.
    - Lowered the magic light brightness a little.
    - Made the new HTML readme!
    Version 1.5a
    - Fixed a problem with clouds being black/dark gray in some areas.
    - Added optional ESPs.
    Version 1.5
    - Darker fog and clouds for applicable nights.
    - Interior tint removed and compensated with brightness and saturation tweaks
    - Interior brightness tweaks: shadows should be a little lighter in dungeons and a little darker in buildings.
    - Day clear sunlight brightness lowered by 0.3.
    - Lowered spell light brightness.
    - Better cloud colors for dawn and dusk.
    Version 1.42p
    -Hot fix which updates the Brighter Interiors file, and updates the readme correctly.
    Version 1.41p
    -Brighted up interior lighting, added some optionals. Exteriors are in progress.
    Version 1.4p
    -Fixed the menu bug, made some changes to the auroras, balanced the light a bit better (dungeons are still quite dark). Dampened the magic lights to just slightly over vanilla.
    Version 1.3p
    -(From Pluto) Added in components of my own mods, integrating them in, so I could correspondingly up the brightness levels and normalize the brightness curves more. Early version, it'll require some tuning to get right.
    Version 1.2b
    -Fixed some night sky colors
    -Added brighter lights in full and as an optional ESP
    -Lowered saturation back to 1.1 levels. Sorry, it looked better.
    Version 1.2a
    -Lowered daytime, sunrise, and sunset saturation some from 1.2.
    Version 1.2
    -Slightly increased saturation in exteriors.
    -Slightly increased saturation in dungeons.
    -Made the overcast/rain/fog skies darker at night.
    Version 1.1
    -Increased "dark dungeon" imagespace sky color - it was too dark
    -Added advanced options

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.