Diablo 3 Beta Crossfire *sigh*

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Koksii, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Koksii

Koksii Guest

GPU:
    xfx hd6990
    So...

New in nVidia Driver Release 285.38

nvidia managed it to release a SLI profile for Diablo III at mid september, shortly after the beta started. Now, 3 month later, the game is still not enjoyable with my hd6990. Whats up with AMD?! Are they sleeping?! I tried the newest driver (also the newest beta drivers) and the fps still goes up and down every second, especially when im hitting monsters.

I dont think amd will bring out a driver update / cf profile until the game gets released. I hope that they will release crossfire profile on releastedate at the latest....if not...man i planned to buy a 7970 (maybe even CF them) but their drivers sucks so bad... I was a true ATI fanbuy, but if i have to switch out a 600$ gpu to my 6 year old 3870 which can play it better - I'm gonna buy a 780gtx then (maybe sli because their drivers are always better) . :(

I could play in window mode to deactivate the 2nd gpu - but thats just not acceptable. (Atleast for me). And with a selfmade-profile in the CCC the game wont even start for me. Deactivate Catalyst AI Option has also gone in the latest drivers .___.

Someone has tipps for me?! Or how to deactivate the 2nd gpu in fullscreen? (Full-Windowmode doesnt deactivate the 2nd gpu either...)

Thanks for reading!
    Greetings from Germany (sorry for the bad engish)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. alphaproxima

alphaproxima Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @1040/1200
    omfg... ure whining in advance? do you even know when diablo 3 is gonna be released????? wtf is wrong with some ppl

3. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    i would whine too if i could not run the diablo 3 beta (aka a low hardware requirement game) with a 600$ card.
    But hell, thats one of the reasons i bought an nvidia card, blizzard games work great with them.
    Its weird tough, AMD was catching up with drivers in blizzard stuff, they forgot d3 beta existed.

4. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Isn't Blizzard strict about sharing information about unreleased games, and will strike out players sharing information which is supposedly under NDA agreement for Beta testing (unless authorized or permissible)?.

The game is not released yet, if I were you I would be careful about information I publicize. Especially news, which puts negative spotlight on the subject at hand.

5. Koksii

Koksii Guest

GPU:
    xfx hd6990
    There is no releasedate yet. But i smell that amd is too lazy again to bring out a driver for the game soon / at release.

Its now 3 month ago that nvidia released the d3 sli profile and there is zero reaction from amd.

I paid 600 bucks for this card and my 6 year old 30 bucks card can run it way better.

You would be pissed to, especially if you had the same experience at battlefield 3 - release... was not good playable on the first days. Dont want this again in Diablo 3. I waited 10 Years to get this (now there are a couple of weeks / month left) and want to enjoy it after installing in fullscreen mode. :puke2:

Its a game with this requirments (i mean common...this is 7-8 year old hardware....there shouldnt be any problem to run it on my gpu):

PC
    OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
    Processor: Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 4400+
    Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better

6. Koksii

Koksii Guest

GPU:
    xfx hd6990
    No.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123035242

7. bart5986

bart5986 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290x OC
    Diablo 3 is smooth for me with my 6990...

8. Koksii

Koksii Guest

GPU:
    xfx hd6990
    Let me gues...you play in window mode, eh?

In the official Forums a lot of people complaint about stutters of doom with crossfire setups - it is playable, yes. But that damn stuters are getting on my nervous..

9. racofer

racofer Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Pardon my ignorance (I don't have a crossfire setup) but are you not able to create crossfire profiles now with catalyst 12.1's?

10. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU

11. bart5986

bart5986 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290x OC
    Nope, running it at 1920x1080 at max

I should probably have mentioned, I'm running 11.11C

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm used to playing Blizz games on single card instead of CF due to the fact that I like the Fullscreen/Windowed mode. But you got a point, it does not make it allright that AMD has poor CF support in Blizz games.
    Sure, WoW works ok with CF although the game is not demanding enough to benifit from it. SC2 gains nothing from CF as far as I know. Dunno if D3 is very GPU demanding but if it isn't, we're ok.

13. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    It's un-enjoyable with a 6990? Are you kidding me? You can't tell me with a straight face that this game won't be playable maxed out on a 6970. How about you stop bitching and just play the game.

Jesus it's like some users are just kids or something.

14. alphaproxima

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @1040/1200
    I dont believe any company, AMD, nvidia, intel, shmintel has any obligation to offer you any kind of support for beta games... thats the whole point betas exist. Because there are bugs and need to be fixed. Both ati and nvidia have issues in games that already exist on the market, Id say those have priority...

15. Koksii

Koksii Guest

GPU:
    xfx hd6990
    You are the kid.

6990 = multigpu ~ 600$ -> problems
    6970 = singlegpu ~ 300$ ->everything is fine
    3870 = singlegpu -> 30$ ->everything is fine

You never have seen a thread about people complaining about crossfire issues?!

16. alphaproxima

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @1040/1200
    The really funny thing is d3 wont need crossfire to play at 60fps... like all blizzard games its 3 years behind in technology...

17. bart5986

bart5986 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290x OC
    My 6990 does it fine, but if yours doesn't you can always turn off CF for Diablo, its not like it needs it.

18. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Some of the reasons they do that:
    1. not everyone has a fancy gaming rig, therefore more costumers they get
    2. a game doesnt need ultra realistic zomg graphics to be enjoyable

heck even today a still love some 10/15 year old games

19. cesaroco

cesaroco Guest

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD7970
    Disable CF and you should get 60fps no prob

20. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    Playing diablo 3 beta with one gpu in 5760*1080, full quality and no probleme about QA nor performance.

Why would you want crossfire support, except if your room is cold ?