Depo Supervisor Help Advice

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Bloodduty, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    Hi all in a new job crazy place but pay's bills and pc upgrade and more

I joined as a welder but in 7 weeks promoted to a supervisor still no idea why me but ill love the challenge

the mind boggle is there is not procedures no agreements no guide lines or reviews for staff

for the welders there is a 100 panel target per day but its pretty hard to motivate them to really push to 100 and there is no agreement to enforce them to hit 100 per day sing by them nothing not trying to be a dick just so I can fight my corner for them that want it at head office

by the way thre hitting around 75 to 90 from my eyes the work they put in that's pretty good from the state there in to fix them

o and so I don't miss it this is the staff line up

fantastic team at the end

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I'm not sure what your question is. Until you have an accurate idea of what your output is, and output by worker, you've no metrics to work with. Until you understand the process flow, you're not going to be able to devise methods to improve efficiency and quality and document them so you end up with a repeatable process.

3. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    basically comes down to one worker good guy but hard to motivate a number to to day he backfired (if you keep going on about numbers ill do less) but will go on and on about the hard times he has in the 4 years he been there and the brake down he had. the rest of the staff are fine but have less to do since its quiet on there side of the work is all ready done

but from retail to yard worker its a diffident all together for me

so really its what and how to handle a loss cannon

sorry if its not explained properly still thinking on the right way to word it with out sounding wrong

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    [​IMG]

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I know Geordie can be confusing at times (even after I've lived in Newcastle for 3 years!), but honestly I can't even tell what you're saying, please use English.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    perhaps the workers do not understand you when you say you want better numbers from them.

7. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Without guidlines, rules, production quotas to lean on... About the only things you can do is lead by example, become friends/friendly with the loose cannon and try and make him understand his responsibilities to perform, talk to management about corrective actions for underpeformance, talk to management about bonus pay for meeting or exceeding quotas... I can think of some other things, but only you will be able to know what may work by understand those you work with and management.

8. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    You under stand perfectly lol

Tell me about it but I did the hard work and still doing it there is no bonus hire

I had made and perfect email last night emailed it to day then went to see my boss opinion on it I'll put it up the night for you all to see but its out of my hands now his aggressive behavior has put him in a bad spot after the manager asked for a bit more lol

9. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    I wonder were I am some times, after reading over what I had written at the time I cannot under stand my self now.
    I have been reading loads of literature on management efficiency to reading books, what a difference from then to now.

10. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    So how did it pan out? In my experience when the quota goes up the quality goes down, management get pissed which is then fed down to the production workers, then the production workers get de-motivated and it all goes back to square one!

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    ..I am a Geordie.

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    just tell them you gonna fire the worst performer

13. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    And see how people start picking on each other, atmosphere gets heavy and you start thinking about different job : ]

Been there, done that.

From my experience Bonus scheme is the best way to motivate people, unfortunately a lot of managers prefer to say "there are ten people for your spot, do more or bye"

14. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    all ready did, I finally realised being the friend did not work I found out the hard way doing things that way, it made them think I can take advantage of this.

it went to a point were things went missing to quality of work went down, now its when I walk in the room, they get on with work (works for me) no question or back chat any more.

silly thing is there 15+ years older they should know better.