Modern Warfare 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sublime20, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    I got the game for 141kr (approx 14 euro, a little more) and I really like the singleplayer so far. It has a lot more memorable missions than MW2.

As for the multiplayer... It's same the same, take it or leave it.

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Exactly, not much to talk about. People don't have critical technical problems with the game, the game itself (mechanics) hasn't changed all that much.

By the way, has anyone else tried the FoV changers offered (Steam or CoD forums)? I've played some Spec Ops missions with it and used it for a match in mp and it worked great. No headache anymore :)

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Just bought the game, and it sucks. Can't believe they bring out a game like this in 2011.

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Like what? Guess everyone knew how this game would be, roughly. It has nothing in it to surprise you in a technical sense, especially not with ATI hardware (which lacks the AO and thus misses a good portion of graphical finesse).

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    What is the AO exactly? :)

Compared to Battlefield 3 it has a very simple online mode. Battlefield 3 feels a lot more tactical and more realistic. But then again, this is what I could expect. :(

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Ambient occlusion, SSAO to be exact.
    Online mode depends on the players, heavily. You gain tactical depth through vehicles in Battlefield and here it's teamplay and perks/proficiencies.
    The stupid p2p (and especially the limited playlists) doesn't really help this game also.
    They had some great changes to promote teamwork and tactical play but alot of it can't flourish in random public games.

7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Just got it cheap on steam and thought 'god this is blurry'. Turns out you need to set graphics quality to Native. :p
    Game's good so far though (only SP story)

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Does anyone experience problems with the sound of this game?
    I can't put my finger on it but, especially in single player, it sounds like I was missing the center speaker (I'm using 7.1 in Windows and have it downsampled by my soundcard to heaphones). Many sounds in the campaign are too silent, everything seems to be flat and by far not as loud as it used to be and loads of reverb.
    I checked the volume sliders of course and took a look at the .cfg files, it's nothing too obvious.

9. sano614

sano614 Guest

GPU:
    VisionTek 5870
    I got this for Xmas. I hopped in a server, got 2 kills and I'm now rank 24.

Ridiculous. :(

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Dedicated server? Normally you see the XP, hear the rank-up sound and all that before the game ends. If you simply kill the game process it won't save those fake stats to the Steam cloud and you're good to go.

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    After playing BF3 for a few weeks every other game sounds flat imo. The shots in MW3 sound like peeshooters. :p

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's definitely not that. BO still sounds great and other games are fine too.
    It really sounds like a (virtual) speaker was missing or the mixing was totally off (like dynamic compression or something like that).
    Normally CoD has the nicer surround effect and much more detail throughout the maps, MW3 seems to lack all this though. Right now I'm still guessing it's a fault on my end but as it's clearly the "cheapest" PC conversion so far I won't be able to hold onto that forever.

13. 200+club

200+club Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx580 cl-ul 3072
    what kills this game for me is the devs equality for all philosophy. lag compensation, random matches, limited fps, locked fov, etc. its all bs.

i didnt spend all this cash on a rig to play a game as if i have a crapsole.

forcing me to play a match with five people from the middle east, two from syberia, three from china, blah blah, is insulting. i dont want to play with a bunch of people i cant talk to or that would rather slit my throat. this p2p lag fest has ruined gaming for me. add this to the cheaters and well, i doubt i will ever upgrade a pc again.

once this system cant play the sp games i want then thats it. mp was over right after bf3 cheat fest and this games lag fest.

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I just heard this in a video yesterday. "Lag compensation, like it is now, would be fine for the time when the game's dieing." Less people, larger latency differences, perfect compensation. Right now it's utter crap though.

One pretty funny thing: BO dropped to below 10k people and yet there are still many servers online that even offer games in just the mode I want, with all DLC, in perfectly fine quality. Almost as good as when it came out ;)
    As for the moment I'd rather go back to BO than deal with MW3's problems. MW3 is a nice game but it doesn't work out for me the way it is right now.

15. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    the more i play this game on PC, the more i get tired of it. they need more than elite for PC to fix it

other than that... its a pretty avg game

16. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    no offence but what made you think mw3 would need a beefy system when the engine using DX9, isn't even new.?

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The problem simply is lag and the lack of options to fight it.
    BO and MW3 both have the packetdup variable unlocked but you can't change maxpackets or maxfps in MW3 to "sync" your performance.
    Lag compensation is way over the top and there are far too few people playing to get a working p2p system. Maybe they didn't want anyone to scream and yell about lagging and stuttering so they cranked up lag compensation to make everything look smooth and fine.
    The pure mechanics of this game are fine, better in many ways than MW3, but it simply doesn't work the way it is right now. At the moment it simply has lots of tiny maps, bad playlists and it seems almost impossible to find a nicely working lobby.
    So far it's the only CoD where I played the sp longer then the mp ;)

18. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    dedicated ranked servers now available , official ones :)

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    For real?

20. Synks

Synks Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTX 580
    Nope.