Fermi, GTX460, GTX470, GTX465, GTX480...Bios Modding..Edit Voltage restrictions-mods

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by BetA, Sep 15, 2010.

1. mtolgae

mtolgae Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTS 450
    GTS 450 bios

Can anyone mod my bios, please? I tried but no success. The card is a gigabyte gts 450 (GVN450-1GI f1) It is so loud even at %17 (msi afterburner and AIDA64).

What is more it is always %17, no more and no less even on desktop or Battlefield. Another guy mentioned this here

Nibitor reads it as %30 minimum. So can someone mod my bios please so that I can get rid of that extreme fan sound?

Here is my bios.

2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hy there..

well there isnt much i can do...Like u said the bios is allready @ min 17%..i can go lower, But that isnt good anyway..theres a reason they left it on 17%..

[​IMG]

If i go lower, it could be that the Fan stops spinning without u knowing and then, well u know the rest...

And, IF it is too loud for u even @ 17%, well then u maybe wanna get a aftermarket cooler or something else that doesnt is so loud...I am not going to lower ur Min Fan speed, cause 17 is allready very low. And like i said, if its stop spinning then u have bigger probs then the noise its making..

Im sorry mate...i cant help u there...
    Only solution as i see it, is that u get an aftermarket cooler or another GFX Card with, well better cooling solution...

i also have an aftermarket cooler (accelero xtreme plus) and im happy with it, u cant hear it, even @ 90%....u now maybe think, why should i spend money on an new cooler? well, see it this way...if u have the cooler and get a new card, all u need is a new fitting set (5 euro) and u can use this cooler on any card ;)
    So even when u upgrade u still can use this awesome cooler...

thats just what i would do...Think about it ;)

-BetA-

3. mtolgae

mtolgae Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTS 450
    Thanks BetA for the reply.

I checked the bios with Nibitor 6.03 and there are some differences in values. It reads Min-Max fan speed different both from your Fermi Bios Editor and MSI Afterburner.

[​IMG]

The problem is that the %17 fan speed is miscalculated or something. It is not actually %17 at least it can't be. I don't think any Fermi cards would keep running even on Furmark or some other tests only with %17 fan speed. As I mentioned above this card's fan controller is probably broken, it doesn't work. So it always works something like %60 all the time.

So does changing the cooler mean the fan controller work properly?

Thanks.

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well..im not shure about that..maybe u should RMA the Card...i cant guaranty u that with an aftermarket cooler the fan controll is working again..i rather believe that..

If u still can RMA the Card i would do that and be on the safe side..

Maybe theres an Update for ur Bios somewhere that u can try..maybe that will fix it. IF NOT, well RMA it...

-BetA-

5. mtolgae

mtolgae Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTS 450
    Thanks man. I will.

6. Imglidinhere

Imglidinhere Guest

GPU:
    12GB RX 6700XT
    Hello again, thought I would try it with my 460M this time. If you could try to increase the load voltage to something like .9620 from wherever it is, that would be awesome. ^_^

The voltage increases by .1 from idle to load and I'd like to push it a little farther. :D Yes I have a good cooling pad. Cooler Master U3.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycsiiz6pi3l73jb

EDIT: That was a little confusing to read, I see that now. If you could bump up the voltage by .05 for the load voltage or whatever it operates at, that would be awesome. ^_^

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  7. bigkahuna360

bigkahuna360 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 HD SC
  8. sledger17

sledger17 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gtx460 768mb
    hi beta i'm new here at guru3d i have a problem about my inno3d gtx460 OC ed 768mb reference cooler.
    right now i'm playing bf3 and i'm using 23inch led tv my problem even in low settings my VC temp is 70'c is that normal or do i need to reflash the bios of my VC? is there any way you can help me?

thanks

9. sledger17

sledger17 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gtx460 768mb
    help please

is it normal even in low setting playing bf3 the temp of my GPU is 75'c?
    i'm using inno3d gtx460 oc ed 768mb reference cooler.

do I need to reflash the bios of GPU?

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

im sorry..im not gonna edit bios for mobile GFX cards...u better leave it as it is, cause they get hot enough allready...

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
  12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    @ sledger17

erm, yes its normal...could u post a pic or a link to ur Card so i can see what cooler it has?
    then i can tell u for shure ;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  13. sledger17

sledger17 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gtx460 768mb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my video card

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  15. sledger17

sledger17 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gtx460 768mb
    thanks for the response..

I like the cooling system of your videocard but it will not fit inside my case ..
    wow almost 50% improvement in your temp..

16. Exilious

Exilious Guest

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GTX 470
    I recently unlocked my GTX 465 into a GTX 470 and have been having BSOD problems, which I have heard from other unlockers is due to under voltage / vcore problems. For some reason I can't get NiBiTor to work properly and up the voltages in BIOS.

I'm currently using GTX 465 BIOS with unlocked CUDA cores at 962mV and running fine. I don't really understand voltage / vCore, so I don't know how much power I need to run 470 BIOS on my 465 card.

If someone here could help me out here and make a GTX 470 BIOS with upped voltage or vcore or whatever is needed to get this card booting past startup screen with BSOD I would be ever so grateful.

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    could u please post ur BIOS? so i can take a look at it..i think its best to use an gtx465 bios with unlocked cores...and this we can adjust in voltage and speeds to meet the gtx470...

greetz Beta

18. Exilious

Exilious Guest

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GTX 470
    Thanks for looking at this for me. 465 with unlocked cores is what I'm using now, but this does not use fully the cards memory and so I only get 256bit capabilities.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fzeela15k8qzzhn

So for some reason when I flash this bios onto my card, it doesn't get enough power. This is a fresh copy of the bios. I can't boot Windows, otherwise I'd post a copy directly off eeprom. I can boot into safe mode, but then I can't use GPU-Z or NiBiTor to adjust the voltage nor can I get into Afterburner (which wouldnt work anyways as the crash usually happens before Afterburner even loads up on launch).

Now that I think about it, I could flash the 470 bios and then do a -b in nvflash and then give it to you. Let me know if you need me to do that. I don't know if it makes a difference whether I give you BIOS that are fresh or have been pulled directly off eeprom.

19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well, ifu want that memory also, then i guess u need to give me the one with everything enabled..there i then will change volatges so it works, i hope..

20. Exilious

Exilious Guest

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GTX 470