AMD Releases Catalyst 12.1 Preview - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Radier, Dec 13, 2011.

1. bnmbnm

bnmbnm Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH6850
    i play only bf3 - sometimes (not often maybe once/two time a day) its hard freezing must reset with button, other than that its working fine

2. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Skryim is still flickering and flashing... wow how long does it take for a ****ing fix?! All the prior drivers before 11.11 dont have this bug, only the new ones that enable CFX... So its either play the game with CFX and suffer with glitches, or play the game glitch free without CFX... wtf

3. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    No diff between these and the last drivers for me at all, well not that i have noticed anyway lol

4. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

I'm getting fps drops in Batman AC, when benchmarked im getting Max-58fps Avg- 48 and Min-35fps Settings 1600*900 VSYnc On , FXAA-High and all settings high on DX9 and a little stuttering too, Driver version 12.1 Preview.......

Any idea Guys......

5. elajt_1

elajt_1 Guest

GPU:
    Xfx Radeon 6990
    Hi!

Did you find any solution to the scaling problem? I have the same problem, as soon as I save it goes back to default. Very annoying to say the least... :-/

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    12.1 CCC is bugged, nothing saves and powertune resets to ) all the time, try the 11.12 whql (Dec 15th) it worked for me

7. elajt_1

elajt_1 Guest

GPU:
    Xfx Radeon 6990
    Yea, I actually tried that before going to 12.1 but got a strange flashing yellow screen in the settings menu (skyrim), along with some graphical errors on character faces.

Going from using an OC'd GTX580 to Radeon 6990 hasn't exactly been a sunday afternoon at disneyland. Has this card ever had any good drivers? :-O

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  8. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Funny thing...

While the fps are a bit lower than 11.11c, Nov18 etc (BF3) or a lot less with lower GPU usage (Witcher2, 40-50fps, 65-80%@both GPU's), the overall experience is absolutely smooth!

Can't see/perceive any stutter, microstutter, gaps, tears etc.

Can't explain, can't complain.

If I use any CAPs at all (AMD or Asder), I get higher fps and GPU usage, but crappy feeling, especially (micro)stuttering.

9. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi....

Does anyone getting Stuttering Outdoors in "Batman Arkham City(1.1 Patch), When i benchmarked in DX9 Mode im getting 32Fps Min, Avg 47Fps and Max 58Fps -Settings 1600*900, VSYnc on,FXAA Very High and all settings High Gpu usage is not good Mostly it hits 80% when i get solid 60fps otherwise Gpu usage will be around 56-70% and Cpu usage is 30-35%..... im on Amd 12.1 Preview drivers!!!!

10. apacifico

apacifico Guest

GPU:
    6950 2GB
    Runs BF3 on Ultra no lag.

6950 (locked) no overclock

11. UnholyOgre

UnholyOgre Guest

GPU:
    cf hd 5850s/1gb each
    CF hd 5850s stuterring gone.

Playing all ultra, accept textures on high, shadows on medium and MSAA off, with cf hd 5850s. In place of MSAA though i am using the SMAA injector and a couple commands in the user.cfg file to optimize the game. In my opinion., these are the best drivers yet for crossfire solution. I may be getting a little lower fps then 11.11c but def no microstutterring, crashes or drops. BTW no caps, only the 12.1 preview drivers.

12. Drovers37

Drovers37 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7990
    No i didn't, so using 11.11c, couldn't figure it out. somebody mentioned a registry command but don't know how to do that.

13. Norezar

Norezar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB

The flashing and z-fighting like face-flicker is related to your crossfire mode.

Let it run at "default" instead of AFR or 1x1.

(I have the same issue, but AFR is best FPS so I just ignore the menu flashing and I never see my characters' face so who gives a ****.)

14. roryt2000

roryt2000 New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
    So why is there no 12.1 for 3870x2? I'm still waiting on Crossfire for Skyrim...

15. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    12.1 plays Skyrim smoothly, no stuttering. Card overclocked thru Afterburner @ 900 core 1380 memory.

12.1 did not work that great till I went and deleted every single trace of previous drivers including leftover registry entries. Driver Sweeper does not get everything; still leaves the registry entry that is responsible for ccc settings for starters.

16. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Nah! Still having stuttering at BF3 in Crossfire mode with my 2 XFX6850s....sososad...

17. deNordic

deNordic Guest

What's the smoothest driver for a single 5850 in BF3? I don't care about perfomance that much , i need SMOOTHNESS :)

18. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    It's different for each PC. Always has been. If you want my opinion on my PC then I have had no problem with the 12.1's here. BF3 is as smooth as ever.

To find out if it's good for your PC, try them out. Only way to know.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forums. :)

19. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    Drivers have issues with BF3, 3 5830's in tri-fire, and eyefinity.... Keep getting DX11 error/crash. Takes a hard reboot to get desktop back.... Works fine with eyefinity disabled....

20. CRA5H

CRA5H Guest

GPU:
    2x5850 CF 765/1050
    First update since 11.6 and these are running well so far. Everything ultra with MSAA turned off. Haven't noticed any issues yet. It's running smooth for the most part. I did encounter some stuttering or graphical lag so to speak but that was eliminated once I turned on vsync. Skyrim runs very well with the obvious lag in some towns. And Autodesk Maya 2012 is finally working with these new drivers for me!