Batman Arkham City

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by illdrag0n, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Where did I say I have two? I merely pointed out that the only reason I have a dedicated sound card in my system over the Realtek HD on-board sound is because I wanted to try out X-Fi Crystallizer which improves the quality of audio (and it does IMO). :3eyes:

On a different note... has anyone else read this HardOCP update on Batman: AC's DX11 performance: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/12/13/batman_arkham_city_directx_11_performance_iq_review/3

They claim that while the stuttering is fixed, the overall performance with both the GTX 580 and HD 6970 is lower that it was pre-patch!!! There's something evidently still wrong with DX11 code in this game...

2. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    That's because its not dx11 from the start.

And it sucks because it would have been a great game, it still is well kinda, but this jitter/stutter is killing it. :(

3. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Yeah well, but I can run it on the CPU. Thats why I asked if it's possible to deactivate certain stuff.

That's what I meant. But I guess Mafia was an exception, couldn't do anything similiar with other PhysX games (like Alice for example)

4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I laugh at that statement; its been perfectly playable in DX9 from the start. I fail to see how that makes the game any worse to play...

5. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Little experiment with InjectShaders
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No good, eh ? Corrupts some shadows on characters. sigh

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  6. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    What's so funny?

I was talking about dx11 part of the game and only dx11 part. I know its fine in dx9, but if i buy a dx11 blockbuster im expecting it to run fine, not downgrade to dx9.

7. Templ

Templ Guest

@PCElite: Your Batman took too many steroids? :D

Kidding.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i just finshed the game. i have to say it was really good. it would of been nice to play it on dx11 though. even with the update, i still had problems when using it. not a big deal to me as dx9 still looked amazing. rocksteady could of delayed this game a little longer than planned to fix the dx11 problem. i would of been fine with that. i will definitely do another play though once the problems get fixed. :thumbup:

my only gripe about the game is as followed:
    i dont see the reason in joker being killed off. batman is to joker as yin is to yang. one cant exist without the other. talia's death was understandable. even when batman said, "after everything you have done, i still would have saved you", tells me there was some sort of simpathy for his arch-nemesis.

@pcelite

plaese resize that screen shot. max size is 1280x1024

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Can someone do me a favour and see if you can remap your mouse for walk instead of w.I use left mouse forward and right mouse backwards and if I can't map the movement like that the game is no go for me.

10. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    I played and finished arkham asylum but I really can't get into arkham city..

11. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Mapping mouse to walk works fine here.

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Hey guys, I found a simple tweak that can boost framerate in BAC by about 10 FPS in DX11 mode!

After the game has booted up and you're at the press start screen, hit ALT+ENTER (which will put the game in windowed mode), then press ALT+ENTER again to put it back to full screen mode.

For some reason, doing this increases performance substantially. It sounds simple, but when I tried it, it worked!

Spread the word if you're a member of another forum! :banana:

13. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    lol, it is worth trying!

14. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    wat the heck carfax?

15. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    There are no hardware accelerated soundcards anymore.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not for DirectSound, true, but those games that use OpenAL are hardware accelerated aren't they? My own X-Fi XtremeGamer has three modes: Audio Creation (self-explanatory), Entertainment (software) and Game (hardware) mode. Game mode differs from Entertainment in offering up to 128 channels of hardware accelerated audio, or at least that's what I thought.

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    What? I'm serious, it works! At least on my computer :banana:

18. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
  19. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
  20. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Number of supported channels differs based on the mode? What **** is this D:
    Anyway, I think the only real good thing about a separate sound card these days it that the sound quality is usually better, and that it amplifies the sound better compared to a motherboard chip.

To be honest, your CPU is "bullcrap", you're being incredibly CPU bound with that. You'd probably get twice as much frames with a core i7 in any UE 3 based game :p

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011