MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There won't be a fix because it is understanding bug, sorry. Game crash is also an encoder crash. You cannot expect the process to save all data correctly when it terminates abnormally . You physicall cannot expect crashing application to save everything correctly, the same way you cannot expect it to save video correctly.

2. Unwinder

Sounds like incorrect BIOS or PCI device ID mismatch due to typo in database. Show me info displayed via <i> button.

3. orac1e

orac1e New Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 5850
    Device : AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series on RV840 GPU
    Drivers : 7.14.10.0873, Catalyst 11.11
    Memory: 1024MB
    BIOS : 012.020.000.040
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_68BA&SUBSYS_21431462&REV_00&BUS_1&DEV_0&FN_0

4. Unwinder

It is listed with different ID in hardware database: VEN_1002&DEV_68BA&SUBSYS_24131462. Not sure which one is correct. So either BIOS or database should be corrected, wait for MSI reps to comment it.

5. orac1e

orac1e New Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 5850
    ok. thx a lot.

6. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I get this error when trying to capture screenshots. This feature used to work (I'm using version 2.1.0), but this began popping up over the last several days. I get this regardless of which game I'm playing. It's probably something in my system? I reinstalled Afterburner and I get the same thing.
    [​IMG]

7. Unwinder

The screenshot is telling you all the info you need: Visual C++ 2008 runtimes got corrupted on your system. Reinstall the runtimes.

8. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    lol, thanks - I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to divine that from the error message. I'll edit this post with the results.

edit - "Repair"ing the 2008 C++ redistributable didn't work. Taking a screenshot in Rage causes the game to drop from 60FPS to 30FPS (and no screenshot is generated). The OSD and screenshot function don't come on in Crysis (maybe the software isn't recognizing it as a 3D application though)? Anyway, I'll see about a full uninstall/reinstall of that package next.

2nd edit - ...just noticed that I have both an x64 and an x86 version, please hold.

[​IMG]

3rd edit - uninstalled and reinstalled the x86 version of that library (the install date is now today), and I get the same behavior. I tried reinstalling Afterburner (in case reinstalling Visual C++ broke Afterburner's link to it), but no dice.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  9. maxio

maxio Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I fully agree with this statement, however there is ONE thing that could be implemented as a small workaround.
    Spliting files every each GB's,MB's like FRAPS does, user could decide on that...

So in the end, when you crash, you're going to lose only some part of your video but not the whole.
    IMHO, this aint a bad idea at all.

Also I have a question regarding FPS limiter.
    How hard would be to implement this?
    AFAIK, dxtory has it, but unfortunately you can't use them both at the same time.

Thank you Unwinder for Your hard work.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  10. Unwinder

No promises on that. Splitting in FRAPS was there for compatilility with old and outdated FAT32 and generic AVI file format (which also put restrictions on AVI size). Both things (FAT32 and old AVI format) are in the past and I see not so much sense in supporting the splitting now. And actially forcible video files splitting is taken as FRAPS disadvantage in many forums.

Already inside and will be available soon (before NY):

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4191577&postcount=75

11. maxio

maxio Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Does MSI AfterBurner support recording DirectX 7 games at all?
    I was unable to record some older DX7 game and I had to use Fraps.

12. Unwinder

No and not planned. DX8+ and higher.

13. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    What would be the possibility of integrating the D3DOverrider into Afterburner? I know one could just use the version included in RT, but, like old versions of Afterburner, applications that use a modified D3D9 runtime don't work with D3DOverrider. It would be cool if you could add the same power user override functionality implemented in the recent version of Afterburner with the D3DOverrider.

14. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Unfortunately, Unwinder has said previously that MSI was not interested in such functionality.

15. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    Oh okay. Well, poopy peepee.

16. MeGustav

MeGustav Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 590 3gb
    Hey guys.

While updating my nVidia drivers today, i noticed Afterburner going crazy. Take a look at the picture :)
    [​IMG]
    Yep, Afterburner tells me that 4294967296% of the GPU's are being used :p
    I guess it's just a minor bug, but i found it quite funny :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  17. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    You're supposed to close applications using the GPU when you're updating your drivers.

18. MeGustav

MeGustav Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 590 3gb
    Oh well.. I didn't think about that :bang:
    Didn't have any overclocks applied, so i hope it's going to be all right :p

19. Miguel21Costa

Miguel21Costa Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4500
    GPU Temperature

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 and MSI Afterburner does not detect the temperature of the graphic card but the progam GPU-Z detects temperature. As I put the MSI Afterburner show the temperature?

20. Miguel21Costa

Miguel21Costa Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4500
    I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 and MSI Afterburner does not detect the temperature of the graphic card but the progam GPU-Z detects temperature. As I put the MSI Afterburner show the temperature?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.