GeForce 290.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Island

Island Guest

GPU:
    2 EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0
    didnt wanna read all 13 pages....can sum1 verify..is sli broke with these drivers? I don't see the sli tab under the nvidia control panel...only physx...

2. Bobnar

Bobnar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 XC2
    sli working fine here with my 560s

3. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    After fixing my Bios day before yesterday. these drivers working perfectly with out any problems. My card gigabyte GTX 560OC

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    no issues here either. did you do a clean install? if not, you might want to try that and maybe use driver sweeper along with it.

5. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=215256&st=300&p=1339511&#entry1339511

6. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    I too had issues with these drivers. BF3 became stuttery and felt like the FPS had dropped a little. Skyrim also seemed to feel slower. I never tried any other games and I played around with this driver for about 4 days. Went back to the last beta driver and everything is back to normal.

7. Spacegrub

Spacegrub Member

GPU:
    MSI 7970 OC
    Would be nice to have some in-game issues with this driver like the rest of you here. I couldn't even get this set of drivers to stick after a cold boot. On top of that, every time I re-installed them only one card was detected. I had to re-install on top of the re-install just to get SLI to work. Then, when SLI finally decided to get it's lazy arse to work, it went on countless breaks after a warm boot. I threatened to fire it, but unmotivated effort always wins in the end. I seem to be missing a printer now as well...

Interestingly enough is that this set of drivers worked fine before I popped in 2 new drives (OCZ Agility 3 SSD's) and power supply (OCZ ZX 850W). I even re-checked all my internal connections thinking that something came loose from upgrading. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem? I've binged and googled the hell out of it to no avail.

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    This, under a clean install, is quite stable compared to 285.62 WHQL.
    No more TDR under normal PC usage (like browsing with Firefox), and actually able to run GPU folding for 2 WUs without a TDR @950MHz with a 560 Ti.

Of course, going 980MHz or 960MHz would result in TDR when GPU folding, even with 1050 mV; 950MHz with 1000mV is stable.
    I could hear the caps whining in agony at 980MHz. =b

[edit]
    LOL scratch that.
    May be stable with GPU folding but running The Last Remnant for awhile and it TDR-ed @950MHz; pssht.
    It did not CTD, though.
    [/edit]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  9. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Really wish they would fix those DPC issues, sucks having <30 DPC before driver install, then after it can spike to 800..

10. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    Getting CTDs with these drivers both on WinXP and Win7 in BF BC2.

11. catcher39

catcher39 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX260 896MB
    Anyone else getting massive flickering when playing wow? With my gtx260 after i've been playing wow for about 30+ minutes the screen starts flickering like mad and textures vanish leaving behind just plain coloured walls, floors etc. sometimes they completely vanish just leaving the other characters on the screen. the only way to stop it is to exit wow then reloaded back up which is becoming annoying, this didn't happen with the previous drivers.

12. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    same

13. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I read "sluttery" right there, my bad.

14. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    :giggle2:

15. ultraspank

ultraspank New Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 470 SLI
    Yea with these drivers BF3 is performing poorly. According to Afterburner both of my GTX 470's seem to be running at about half their capability, sometimes less sometimes more. making for some stuttering extremely inconsistently. Sometimes chugging down to unplayable for a second or two. It's a shame because when its not stuttering it seems to be running super silky smooth and a step above the previous drivers.:( Back to the previous set for me I suppose.

16. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    anyone having crashes in lost planet 2 in my gtx 260 i play only a bit and then colours like rgb on the lcd and i have tho shutdown the mashine on the psu switch otherwise he dont turn off i can play al the other games fine whats the mater with this one i can even play now bf3 only with the airtfacts that nvidia didnt fix but all other games feel nice and anybody geting very low gpu usage in nfs the run on the second mission

17. triskele10

triskele10 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE
    When I play Race 07 or GTR2 the road and grass vibrates when I push the throttle of the car. It's like gooseskin.

18. SwiftDragon

SwiftDragon Active Member

GPU:
    HOF gtx980ti
    freaking terrible driver. Temps went up, performance went down.

back to the drawing board nv.

19. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    I have been and am still getting that window that pops up and says my card is underpowered..............really, 1000W...............Really?????

WTF.and thats on 2 diff 1000W poser supplies!!!

20. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    sound like a PCI-E voltage issue to me