Batman Arkham City

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by illdrag0n, Aug 30, 2010.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    awesome how playing as batman feels real different to catwomen even tho you only have 2 press 2 buttons in combat, how did they pull that off- but yeah batman, skyrim and of course Deus EX: HR have to all be G'sOTY for me

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  3. johnyz333

johnyz333 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 512 x2
    Can u post your settings bud?

4. tony_almeida

tony_almeida Guest

GPU:
    Videocard
    didnt read this
    [​IMG]

batman arkham city is a perfect game.
    i think it deserves goty more than skyrim. (my personal opinion)
    my complaint was actually about graphic card manufacturers mate.
    dont be mad :nerd:

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Just beat the game. it is REALLY good game, u can clearly see the amount of effort, creative mind and inspired story that set in the game.

GOTY from me for sure!

6. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Anybody else getting annoying stutter when flying around, as if the game has to pause in order to load new areas? It's not as noticeable in DX9 as it is in DX11 but you can still feel it...

7. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    i had to beat it in Dx9 mode. no stutter and everything was smooth while Dx11 gave me major bug issues, crashes and loading problems, like you defined.
    still, the game itself is awesome :D atleast i finished Joker mission (main) which concludes only 36% of progress.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    is dx11 still fubar even after the update?

9. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    it works well for me in dx11 after the patch. I do have certain hiccups with high physx but nothing too major.

10. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

After patch DX11 is finally playable; although, there are stutters as it appears to either be loading data. Hopefully this will be resolved in the next patch.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No, it's much, much better but still has a tendency to stutter/hitch at times and the framerate always tanks (< 2 fps) when entering a new area for me followed by a momentary judder which, oddly enough, doesn't happen with DX9. Or at least it is far less noticeable.

Hopefully, another patch or three plus new drivers will improve performance to acceptable levels. I'm currently playing Skyrim but at some point I plan on returning to this game once the remaining issues have been fixed.

P.S. I'd like to see options to disable/enable MVSS and HBAO seperately and a DX11/DX9 toggle that doesn't mean MVSS+HBAO on=DX11 and MVSS+HBAO off=DX9 as it does currently.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    ok i was just wondering. i have a couple more games to finish before i can get to AC. maybe by then, another patch or 2 will be out. :nerd:

13. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    I've noticed in the benchmark that my minimum is very low (17 on the settings that I play at right now with DX11 and High PhysX, 33 with normal PhysX)

Like this for everyone?

14. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Could be your onboard sound demanding a piece of CPU power which is urgently needed for PhysX calculations. Seriously, having a 4Ghz CPU with 8 GB ram and a 570 GTX and then creating a bottleneck by not buying a real soundcard doesnt make much sense (to me at least). But hey, maybe you have your reasons.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think today's multi-threaded CPUs are sufficiently powerful that there's less need for a dedicated sound card unless you want the extra quality (this is why I bought my own X-Fi XtremeGamer for its Crystalliser feature). I've seen benchmarks that showed that the difference between software and hardware accelerated sound is only a couple of frames per second anyway.

16. s88urd

s88urd Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I seem to be having no issues at all with this game, running in DX11 with FXAA (high) 1920x1080 res, full physx and everything set to highest setting (apart from anti aliasing)

17. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    I don't have the game yet but is it possible to tweak the Physx effects? For example to deactivate certain features of it?

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you can't run physx on your gpu.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not directly from the launcher settings other than setting Normal and High but I remember that people tweaked Mafia II, another game that used PhysX, to disable certain hardware-accelerated effects by renaming various APEX files. Can't be more specific than that though.

20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Sooooo ... you're saying you have 2 X-Fi's in your pc? 1 just for the crystalizer?