Finally noticed a difference with my 570 =)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Serotonin, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    So I upgraded from a 560 ti to a 570, playing Battlefield on Ultra with both cards, the 570 def. seemed smoother, but I didnt do any benches, well, after doing a reinstall of my pc I finally got back to the part that was running like a dog on the 560 ti @ ultra - right after you go into the forest, when you run down that hill and have a firefight in that open valley, oh man, my 560 ti dropped to 24fps at moments during all the smoke, firefights, explosions, character models, etc. Same Ultra settings with my new 570, I didn't go below 35 fps :nerd:

Now that's an improvement! :banana:

Not much point to my thread, just happy to see a difference! So for the trolls, let me do the insults for you.

:stewpid: "cool story bro" 'ok?" :3eyes:

:)

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    at least i know not to get a 560 lol thx

3. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    The 560ti is a good card, just isn't one that you'd use to max out every setting in every game.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Yeah, 560 ti was a fine card, but I refuse to play a game without maxing everything out, so it became an issue for me. Especially when AA was added to things. It's a fine mid-end card though.

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    no single gpu card will max out every game. max out means all in game graphic settings to maximum. hence the term max out

6. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    You should remove Deferred AA (MSAA) if you have it on. Then install injectFXAA or injectSMAA and enjoy the beautifulness, at low performance hit.

7. jellysheep

jellysheep Guest

GPU:
    Elitegroup GTX 570
    Actually. my GTX 570 MAXES every game. with the exception of metro 2033.

but name it. i run it maxed.

8. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Mmm... Why didnt you pickd up another 560 Ti?

9. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Is metro 2033 that heavy? I haven't played the game yet but all I know is that its DX11 FPS game.

So metro 2033 is more demanding than BF3?

10. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    I think that Metro 2033 is the game with the heaviest GPU burden on the market when maxed out.

11. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    +1 , totaly agree what tommyK says.

Maybe you can max out a game but 35 FPS is not smooth gameplay for me.
    That is why I need 2 GPU's , to max out and to play smoothhhhhhhhhhh.

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Cause I have an AMD board - no sli for me, only crossfire and I'm not feeling AMD's video card's right now...well, more the drivers...if they clean things up I may go crossfire for the 7xxx series.

35 fps doesn't bother me what so ever. I've been PC gaming for 15 years, I remember when 30fps was a feat to get to in some games. Anything above 30fps is fine for me.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Metro maxed out is the most demanding game on the market. Having said that, it doesn't mean it's the prettiest. Something about these small euro studios and unoptimizing a game that go hand in hand. (Cryostasis, stalker, metro) The game looks good, but Battlefield 3 looks better. Battlefield 3 is optimised far more than metro, so BF3 looks better and runs better.

I always get a kick out of people pushing their tri sli rigs for an unoptimized game, it's just not worth it, especially considering in my personal opinion, Metro 2033 sucks. But I think people are too busy using the game as a bench mark and seeing how well it can run on their rigs more than they are paying attention to the game play or story.

14. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    ^I'm inclined to agree, completely. Metro is a very, very unoptimised game. And people using it as a benchmark is a terrible idea. I used to laugh a few years ago when people used Crysis as the Big Daddy of benchmarks - when, in fact, it was a woefully buggy and unoptimised engine (as is Crysis 2), and people went and bought new rigs for a few FPS extra. And for what? A glorified benchmark? Oh, silly, silly silly.

I don't believe in benchmarks. I believe in playtesting the titles I love, and if I'm happy with the performance, and smoothness then I'm happy with my rig in general.

Just because 3DMark says im getting less points than someone else doesn't mean I should go and buy a new GPU to make things better.

That, fellas, is marketing, and you are a poor victim if you fall for it. A perfect example being Battlefield 3 and the SLI GTX 580 shenannigans. Everyone though they would need SLI 580s to play the game and went and spent ridiculous money on new cards. What a bunch of fools.

My 2nd rig maxes BF3 out, and it has a single 1GB 5870 that is a few years old.

Oh dear, oh dear.

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Difference between "small euro studios" and average western one,
    is that 1st will give you the choice of GFX options which can plummet your FPS.

Knowing very well that here are too many thick pp out there,
    Western studio will make that decision for you, and turn off such gfx option all together.

oh... and too many short sighted too - because maxed Metro had worse textures then DX10 Metro

16. MKube402

MKube402 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3070 TI
    x2 :3eyes:

17. Craig_M

Craig_M Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 560Ti 448 Classified
    Yeah a single 570 can play BF3 with everything on Ultra, but the fps is going be in the low 30's a lot. Especially on Caspian and Firestorm. Visually there isn't a big difference between high and ultra anyways, but people never want to say that they use high settings, ONLY ULTRA!!11

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    What are you playing MAXED on 1 570? Maxed means every single setting maxed out. And what framerates for said games? I can't Max out all games on a single 580 and have acceptable frame rates.

19. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Yeah, when I first got quake, I was getting around 15 fps at low rez, like 320x240.
    Went to one of my BBS' lan parties and there was one guy with a voodoo... omg 640x480 at 30fps. It felt liquid smooth.

Heh, and now I consider 60 to be 'slightly choppy'.
    (120hz monitor, with effort/settings put to try to never going below max refresh)

-scheherazde

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ah yes, the good ol' days lol. :thumbup:

Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament 99 ran like dog's too. Hoo-boy did they ever.