AMD Catalyst 11.11C "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 30)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Let's just put it this way : whichever rocks whoever's boat.
    If with DS everything works fine, then use it.
    If without DS everything works fine, then don't use it.
    No need to use 'my way is the better way' to poke at each other's balls.

2. Artifice

Artifice Guest

GPU:
    unlocked 6950 2Gig xfire
    download
    http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2182
    and try keeping Antialiasing on atleast 2x within the game launcher, without AA and that fix Skyrim micro stutters like a bitch on me with the cat 11.11c in xfire, which maybe your issue

also turn shadows down to a maximum of high and lower specularity fade to 15 (the max the launcher lets you set it at, clicking the ultra pre set sends it to 20 though)

also, if you want to fine tune your graphics settings so you can get max smoothness and eyecandy

try this

download MSI afterburner so you can check to see when your GPU's max out, and fire up the monitoring module

start skyrim

First goto the top of the stairway outside of dragonsreach (whiterun) so you can look down the stairway from the top,

then pass time (T key) to the day time when loads (more the better) of people are around, make a save so you can retest it from that point

then turn your mouse side to side to get a good viewing (reading in afterburner) of everything over the tree area (guildergreen). if it lags your graphics settings are probably too high!

now quit and check the monitoring module in afterburner if both your gpu's max out lower each settings a little in the launcher one at a time (or a notch or two per setting) from their ultra settings and restart skyrim

and try again with your new graphics settings making a new reading for afterburner from that stairway save

rinse and repeat untill you lag no more

if you can handle that area you can probably handle anything in the game

a good microstutter test area is Jorrvaskr (companions building) in the same area as guildergreen
    there is a small room on the left as you enter Jorrvaskr, if it microstutters there you gotta use AntiAliasing+"ATI Fix For 4GB Skyrim And 11-11B Drivers" or the ENB patch (non xfire compatible)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  3. sunnyd76

sunnyd76 Guest

GPU:
    Macbook Pro 2011 8GB
    Anyone else when playing BF3 getting random black screen then windows crash (can't ctrl+alt+del or switch to a different app, so I'm assuming windows is crashed)?

I was running the latest 11.12 beta (2911?), and it was happening there so switched to 11.11c but just got the same issue again

4. GalileoG

GalileoG Guest

GPU:
    HD5970

Thank you so much for this response. I will try these tonight.

Just so you know, I've been using FXAA. For some reason, forcing AA through CCC does not work AT ALL. Also, for some reason, FXAA does not cause any performance hits, my FPS does not increase when I turn on FXAA when compared to no AA. Why isn't CC forcing AA into Skyrim? Should I still turn up 2x AA with Skyrim's built in AA setting even with FXAA enabled?

With the 11.11c drivers, both my GPUs usage never goes above 50%.

I can't help but feel that for some reason, my CPU is being the bottleneck and that's why I'm not seeing the effects of 2 GPUs in cross-fire. But an i5-750 OC'ed to 3.9 GHZ shouldn't really be a bottleneck. Your thoughts?

I'm still getting very decent frames with one GPU running, but by far the most annoying problem is indoor stutters. I am going to download the FPS limiter and see if that helps.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Is this on your Mac Book? Black screen crashes are usually lose of signal between the GPU and the PC. I doubt your overclocking so it could be heat related.

Have you tried previously known working drivers to see if the problem persists?

6. Artifice

Artifice Guest

GPU:
    unlocked 6950 2Gig xfire
    Never worked for me either when i messed with it, via CCC

I have to use that patch at the top of my previous post (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2182) with AAx2 for crossfire to work and not get the microstutter, FXAA on its own gives me microstutter still, FXAA combined with normal AA give no indoor microstutter.

turn up the settings untill your at 80% usage on each gpu

should be OK

I'd use 11.11c + http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2182 + AAx2 from the skyrim launcher (11.11c's are laggy and crap though)

or 11.11a (lag free) + ENB patch 6 if ur only using a single gpu (patch 7 lags a bit, patch 8 and 9 lag alot)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  7. GalileoG

GalileoG Guest

GPU:
    HD5970
    So I was able to get rid of the indoor microstutter by installing an FPS limiter, still can't get crossfire to give me a boost of performance no matter what I do. I'll just wait till new drivers are release and hope for the best.

8. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Yeah I thought this was fixed but im definitely stuttering in bf3, make its even micro-stuttering... Getting above 60fps but it feels sluggish at times... Especially on the Grand Bazaar map with lots of smoke effects

Zoomed in sights as well causes big FPS drops... I thought they addressed all these issues?

9. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Anyone know how to get better performance in Saints Row 3? Its always fluctuating from around 50fps drops down to mid 30's sometimes...

10. Dragontorc

Dragontorc Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Currently running 11.11b and updating BF3, also play MW3, is there any need to move to 11.11c?

11. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    this is the only difference between 11.11b and 11.11c
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim

New in Catalyst 11.11c: Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling for the AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series

12. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Fixes some things, and some folks stating better performance for multi-GPU setups etc.

I installed them with a single 6870 and have no issues.

13. sunnyd76

sunnyd76 Guest

GPU:
    Macbook Pro 2011 8GB
    Hi rflair - it's a macbook which is over clocked. ****e, I'll lower it to a reasonable level. Currently core=810, mem=900 ... :(

14. mrasstits

mrasstits Guest

GPU:
    2x XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB
    BF3, Batman and Skyrim all running great on 2 6970's.
    has anyone had issues extending desktop to a secondary monitor with these???

15. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    having stuttering sometimes in bf3 when there's a lot of smoke..

was fine before the new patch :\

but hey, they nerfed irnv, so it was still worth it :)

16. pedalhead

pedalhead New Member

GPU:
    2 x ATI 5850 (CrossfireX)
    11.11c are causing frequent CTDs in Skyrim for me, both with and without Crossfire enabled. By frequent I mean approx 50% of the time when transitioning between areas. Have rolled back to 11.11b and it's pretty stable again, with maybe one CTD per hour or so.

17. Freeaked1

Freeaked1 New Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5770 in crossfire.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  18. Artifice

Artifice Guest

GPU:
    unlocked 6950 2Gig xfire
    that worked for me for crossfire with the 11.11c's, had to use AA from the skyrim launcher though

only time i had that kind of issue was when i was trying crossfire with either the 11.11b/c running with the old atiumdag.dll that circulated when skyrim was released
    or
    the 11.11's without a crossfire profile

may of poped up another time aswell

clean out the d3d9.dll's from your skyrim directory and just use the 11.11c's and http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2182 + AA, only

if it's still an issue you could
    download and install driversweeper, uninstall your cap's, then uninstall your graphics drivers, then driversweep ati graphics, then reboot and reinstall the 11.11c's + http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2182 and enable 2x AA from the skyrim launcher, worked with my 6950's (think the creator of this skyrim nexus patch created it with 6950's, could be 6xxx only?)

otherwise install the 11.11a's + enbpatch 6 and play it lag free on a single graphics card

and w8 like the rest of us for a official fixed graphics driver, 11.12 better be it

update
    for perfectly smooth crossfire performance, 11.11c or 12.1preview + dxtory locked at 59fps works decent enough, u can use the 4GB enabler with it aswell

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  19. Freeaked1

Freeaked1 New Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5770 in crossfire.
    It's a clean driver install so c+the fix no old dll's in my game directory only difference is I got fxaa on and not 2x AA game runs well enough so it's kewl.

20. Freeaked1

Freeaked1 New Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5770 in crossfire.
    That fps was taken at the start of the game when youre about to get executed so lots of stuff on the screen I just used that save to test different setups.

-Edit- Oops quoted myself isntead of hitting Edit, oh wells.