When do you get the time to play games!?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RedSeptember, Dec 6, 2011.

1. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Greetings all!

So as the title asks, how do you manage your gaming time?

Being in a relationship, having a 48 hour week job I really have little time to play games. I'm one of those who likes to really throw himself into a game if you get what I mean.

So ladies and gents, tell me your stories and time management skills :)

2. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    I fit what I can in at lunchtimes on my laptop and thats pretty much it. Before the wife/family definitely had alot more gaming time!

3. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah. Having a fiance and two kids and going to college full time makes it hard to get video games in. I usually get about 2-3 hours a day when the kids are napping if my fiance is working. Thankfully she likes games so we can play some together. My youngest son also is getting an interest in games, so we play kid games together.

After we put the kids to sleep at 8 we have our time together till about 11. then I game till about 1am and then bed time.

4. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    I remember back in college I built a new rig that was around $2k (Core2 first came out) and rarely gamed on it and primarily used my laptop. Now that I'm trying to get back into grad school I try to stick my gaming towards the weekend or maybe a 1-3 hour session of BF3 or Skyrim at night before heading to bed lol.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    48 hours a week? christ, would never do that

I work 40 or less, whatever balances my books and gets me money for toys, that and cycling to work saves so much time and money compared to buses/walking/car

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    1) i don't have a girlfriend and i haven't dated one in 7 years and i'm not planning to, really don't give a damn.

2) i work 8 hours a day and then got the remaining 16 hours left to do what i want

3) i'm usually awake for no less than 15 hours a day

4) my social life is that of a lone wolf even though i got many friends.

5) anyone who disturb my gaming sessions = [​IMG]

:p

7. Ali-K

Ali-K Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X
    Only in weekends... 10 hours + to make up for the inability to play during workdays due to fatigue. Sucks beeing a grownup thats for sure.

8. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    1 hour per day for gaming / free time / relationship. It's up to me what to with that 1 hour of spare time :p

9. andybls

andybls Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5850
    I have a very understanding Wife !! I work 8 - 5 ! So after work is my relax time . Weekends are good for games too .
    22yrs together i think she understands me now :)

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've been with my wife for eleven years (four married, seven just as boyfriend/girlfriend) but she's also been extremely understanding and supportive of my hobby.

She encourages me to buy new games, pushes me to make upgrades for my PC (as I'm cheap and don't like to spend money on it)... she's even bought me new games I've put off on getting (because... I'm cheap).
    Also, I go to work at 5:30 in the morning, getting off work at roughly 2 in the afternoon. So I've got plenty of time to do... whatever I want in the afternoons.

With no children, both of us out of college... there's not a lot that really has to be done in the afternoon. So, we both just do whatever we want.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    3-4 hours of sleep a night during the week is how i manage it.

It's very peaceful on weekdays between 12-4am as most people are in bed for work, so no one will call/text or be knocking on your door.

My GF is ok enough anyway, tbh think she would rather i was playing a game than sitting on here.
    Maybe get the other half into the same game as your, or even both of you in the same room, but playing different games, it might still count as quality time lol.
    She quite often plays The Sims 3 on her laptop, and her sessions on that are longer than i would game in one go.

12. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yeah, it hard, but if you want you find time. My girlfriend understands how important is gaming for me, so she doesn't bother me unless i exceed 5 hours/day every day.

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    My wife would rather have me sat here playing games than in a pub slowly drinking and smoking myself to death. It also stops me cheating on her funnily enough, still haven't even after 13 years of marriage and three children!

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Im engaged so right now its not hard to find time to game, but once we move in together oye...I'll have to figure out a schedule. I work about 4- to 50 hours a week as I.T but that doesnt take away from my gaming. I try to fit in an hour a day during the week and 2-3 hours a day on weekends.

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    lately I probably put in 7 hours a day when i'm motivated to play but split my game time up through the day,I kinda prefer having fresh air lately and just playing games as much as I do sometimes requires me to slow down and try to socialize with my friends and smoke some pot with em.

16. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I currently work 15~20 hours a week, no kids, no wife or husband and I find it easy to play a game anything up to 60 hours straight in one session if it holds my interest enough.
    Usually by then I fall asleep at the helm wake up and do it all again till I get it out of my system.
    eg: Stalker SoC/CS/CoP, Fallout 3, Borderlands, Fallout NV, Skyrim, Saints Row 3.
    Games like these need a few dozen good long sessions to get it out of my system..lol
    I feel I'm just making up for a deprived childhood ;P

17. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I play for a few hours every evening, my missus doesn't mind... she is happy watching the dross on tv or playing with the PS3 that I got her. She is happier that I'm around home not out getting drunk and eyeing up skimpy women.

My daughter just does her own thing playing, drawing and is well behaved so I get little getting in the way of my PC time if I so wish.

I'm currently out of work, but I only play games in the evenings anyway. I just cant face playing during the day for some reason. I like gaming 12-4am the most when everyone goes to bed and I'm in my own world ;)

Even when I was doing 12hr shifts I always found time for gamin/browsing. Nothing gets in the way of my :pc1: time.

If I had a job that demanded so much time and stress that I had no space for my self I would quit simple as that.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  18. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I pretty much can game as much as I wish right now. I had an automobile accident 1 year ago tomorrow, as a result I have permanent nerve damage, to the point where I can't walk, stand or even sit without my leg elevated. Prior to that I worked 52 hrs/week on avg and only got to game about 10 hrs a week (counting weekends). Now I can game all day long if I want, which is great... sux for the wallet though. lol Thankfully my wife and I have a very good relationship, so we actually enjoy each others company and often enough we end up gaming together after 8:00 when the little one goes to bed. :)

19. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    My friends and I have a weekly gaming night scheduled once a week where we all jump online and play whatever the current game might be, BF3 these days. That is really my only guaranteed gaming time with work and girlfriend responsibilities taking up the rest of my time. However if she decides to go shopping, or hang out with friends or anything like that I'll usually jump on and have a game. It works out well because left to my own devices I'd probably play far too often and get bored, however now it is something I really look forward to and still enjoy.

20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I'm doing more stuff for our band now, really getting into all that homerecording and that takes time. That, and games in general are not that amazing anymore (to me), guess that comes with age. (39 now and counting)

I only buy games i can play a bit longer and take my time (gta4, AC, batman, Skyrim, etc)