MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razornova

razornova Guest

GPU:
    560 ti
    I was selecting log file by right clicking the line graph. Recreating the log file has finally allowed me to log again. And the stop logging option should stop this from happening again. Thanks :)

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, it should not. "Recreate existing log files" option controls that.

3. XTF

XTF Member

GPU:
    MSI R4870
    Could frametime (ms/f) be logged in addition to framerate (f/s)?

4. Aph0tic

Aph0tic Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire5770&6770 1GB CFX
    I can't synchronize my 5770 and 6770. It's broken. Have to change each manually.

Also, my fan speeds reset to manual every time I reboot (that may be my issue, I can't find the "Apply fan settings at start up")

5. Unwinder

Your understanding is broken. Documentation clearly says taht you can synchronize the same display adapter models only. It is just plaing stupid to synchornize two different cards.

6. Aph0tic

Aph0tic Guest

GPU:
    I'm afraid your understanding is broken and you, sir, are not helping :bang:. The menu clearly says SIMILAR cards, which they are. In fact, they are the exact same card, and I'm running them in CFX.

Sooooo... please fix.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  7. Unwinder

Sure I'm not helping, heard that 1000 times from 1 post newbies coming here with "bugreports". Open your eyes and read please:

Synchronize settings for similar graphics processors

Allows synchronized or independent GPU settings adjustment. When this option is enabled all GPU adjustments you're doing in the main application window are also applied to all similar GPUs installed in the system.

Hints:

- Similar graphics processors are identified by exact PCI DeviceID matching, so only identical graphics card models can be synchronized.

- You may disable user interface tooltips via <User interface> tab in advanced properties.

No need to say "I'm sorry", just THINK and avoid flaming if you don't read documentation properly.

8. Aph0tic

Aph0tic Guest

GPU:
    Going after my post count... That's the best you could come up with? :3eyes:

Well, then I guess MSI Afterburner is a waste of my time, considering that I NEED the settings synchronized between these two cards. There isn't even a hotkey or a fast switch between cards. I have to load the settings every time. Do you know how long it takes to do any overclocking when you have to open the setting screen twice and click apply twice when you are doing changes?

And you say there's no point in syncing them? There's no point of Afterburner if I can't sync them.

The GUIDs are also nearly identical.

GPU1
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Display device : AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series on RV840 GPU
    Display driver : 7.14.10.0873, Catalyst 11.11
    On-board memory : 1024MB
    BIOS : 012.020.000.055
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_68BA&SUBSYS_E144174B&REV_00&BUS_1&DEV_0&FN_0

GPU2
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Display device : ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series on RV840 GPU
    Display driver : 7.14.10.0873, Catalyst 11.11
    On-board memory : 1024MB
    BIOS : 012.020.000.015
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_68B8&SUBSYS_E147174B&REV_00&BUS_2&DEV_0&FN_0
    Multi-GPU role : master

The cards themselves are identical. Just because something is written is some tooltip or another doesn't make it the Bible, which is why I asked it to be fixed.

Fine... if you don't want to consider this a software-breaking issue (which it is), then consider it an important suggestion. As far as I recall, this thread is about both.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  9. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    6650 XT 8GB
    Why are you arguing? The author of the free software you're using made it quite clear that nearly identical does not equal identical.

Cripes, it must be a living hell to provide support for users like this.

Keep up the good work, Unwinder.

10. Unwinder

Than I guess that you're the waste of my time as well. Bye.

11. Aph0tic

Aph0tic Guest

GPU:
    Look, I've tried to keep my cool. I've tried to be nice. If you don't want to take a suggestion, which I originally thought was a bug (thank you for clearly defining that I should not be posting a suggestion in a suggestion forum), then fine.

Remember, that you are not just representing free software. You represent this forum, as a Moderator. You also represent MSI, in some fashion. You are posting unceasingly in the bug report and suggestion thread, so I can only assume.

I assume you know why MSI Afterburner is usable for non-MSI cards right? It is to get brand-recognition and trust. Well, you definitely lost my trust and I assure you that I will now never purchase an MSI product... ever.

And all I did was give a suggestion. Any other answer would have sufficed. Maybe: "Sorry, while the feature does make sense and would save users a bunch of time, we don't have the resources to implement that." Something like that would have saved my time and yours. If you have said something like this, you definitely would have had my trust, and I would very likely have purchased several MSI products and would never hesitate to recommend your products.

And if you don't represent MSI, then my original message wasn't meant for you, and there is no point for this conversation to go any further. In that case, my original issue still stands.

Good day, sir.

12. Unwinder

Don't lie. Coming here with "your functionality is broken" claims, ignoring strictly documented software usage behaviors, arguing about documented things and finally saying that the tool you get for free is a waste of your precisious time is absolutley not called "keeping cool", "being nice" or "just making a suggestion". It is called agressively pushing your ideas and demanding without having any rights to do so, period.
    And no need to explain me why it is available for non-MSI products, it just makes me smile sadly. If it were all about branding, I'd gladly agree with MSI to lock new functionality like Predator video capture on MSI Hawk/Lightning series only, agree to add advertisment banners to installer and the tool and gladly get myself isolated of dozens of annoying Sapphire/ASUS owners coming here with such attitude. So no need to play the games and threat that you won't purchase MSI card ever. It won't work, I can live without your "trust" and don't care what card you have if I see thinking user.

And now please return to Sapphire forums and try to force them to code Trixx the way you like. Bye.

13. Unwinder

And as for multiple attempts of reporting my post to other mods, I see absolutley no problems with leaving it as Mod or leaving the forum at all and dealing with vendor only like is is supposed to be. Deadly tired or constantly dealing with people like you.

14. pre1udesam

pre1udesam Guest

GPU:
    msi gtx580x2 sli 3gb
    First post be gentle but 41 pages is alot of reading, anybody seen afterburner osd in windows photo gallery showing gpu info's making photo gallery crash? any help would be great ty's again oh its win 7 64 bit and u can see my system info and its afterburner 2.1.0 :biggun: WOW the guy above with the sapphire cards ROFL BIG NT

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  15. Unwinder

You can always add any application where OSD is unwanted to the exceptions list inside the OSD server.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Aph0tic : if both cards are practically the same, why dont you flash bios from one card to second card? And if something goes bad, you can always reflash it back.

17. pre1udesam

pre1udesam Guest

GPU:
    msi gtx580x2 sli 3gb
    forgive me for being so noobish but i cant find any exeptions list i see the exe file for photo gallery and i can highlight it but i cant drag to trash can or find a folder in files for afterburner then osd server folder named execptions you might have to spell this one out for me sry :(

18. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    There isn't? I have three cards (of two different types), and I found no problems with the hot keys and auto-loading.

19. ovideo

ovideo Guest

GPU:
    GTS250
    Bug, video capture feature:

If the recorded game crashes (during recording...), the resulting video file is broken (cannot be played back, edited or repaired, and i've tried a whole bunch of software).
    Using beta9, mjpg compression, 85% quality, 30fps, 8 threads, audio capture enabled (downmixed, wasapi playback source).

I would very much appreciate a fix. Thank you.

20. orac1e

orac1e New Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 5850
    MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 9 can't recognize my graphics card's id (R6770 Twin Frozr II/OC) and just display AMD Radeon HD 6700 series only. my another cards are recognize correctly but R6770 Twin Frozr II/OC isn't and can't change the voltage also.

like this... (from coolaler.)

[​IMG]

thank you for your attention in this matter.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.