HD 7000 Series Specs Leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pokerapar88, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I agree about drivers. And I also understood the same as you about game coding and piracy... The only thing I will add is that I do sometimes download a game before buying just to see if it works as it should. ( I decisted of buying The Cursed Crusade by doing that and saved me a couple of bucks)
    I believe that the problem is that game porting is definitely a must-review issue nowadays as I know that it is easyer to code a game for a console than a pc more efficiently, but PC gaming is also important and we a re a big community that are the biggest spenders (on hardware and games of course).. this should be adressed soon, or we will have a "pc-gaming-pocalypse" very soon :/

2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Ireland's market is probably a lot cheaper than here in New Zealand. And yes, I believe to an extent, but not to be abused, it's OK to pirate. How many developers release demos these days, and good well coded one's at that. OK, say you spend $2,500-3,000 on a gaming PC, and that's just the hardware, and then you have to deal with shoddy drivers, most free, and then you spend $100-130 on a game that non refundable and runs like crap even with patches. The developers are ripping us off bye not even releasing demos, or properly optimized one's at that. Now after all that money you spend on a PC that doesn't run games the way it should; tell me you wouldn't feel ripped off. I don't support Piracy, but there is a place for it. Anyway, here's a link that runs along the same lines. http://www.megagames.com/news/gabe-newel-publishers-push-gamers-piracy-valve-not-affected

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  3. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    +1 Up

I totally agree, that's why I love when game developers release a BETA before releasing the real deal to try and adress all performance issues, like BF3 or Dibalo III, that are well developed, greatly optimized, awesome looking games ! Those are worth my money to spend !!!!
    Look at Batman Arkham City, it might be a "great game" but don't even try to run it on DX11 it will **** up your fps to 0 xD ...and after what, 2 weeks or more it was release it has not yet adressed all of those problems and had to release a pre-patch... that's lame, real lame. It shows there was no proper testing before release... and these patchings many times tend up making things worse ! That's a kick in the nuts for PC gamers.... So yeah, lets support all these asswholes that only want only to profit from us and don't care about the people that are actually buying their stuff nor the quality of what they are releasing, they just want their games to work on consoles...

4. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Sorry, but its still absolutely no excuse.

'It doesn't run great, so I'll pirate it instead of buying' is a cop-out for pirates tbh.

I reckon you'd pirate it even if it ran perfectly.

5. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    In a way it is. But I believe in the "eye for and eye" policy so if they steal from us.... why the hell not?

6. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    How are they stealing from you?? Nobody forced you to buy the game.

Caveat Emptor.

If you really want to play a game, buy it. If you don't want to buy it, don't play it.

7. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    ALL Piracy talk stops now!

8. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Mod Edit: Back on topic.

Posts off topic beyond this will be deleted. Don't take it personally.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
  9. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Agreed

10. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Anyone have an idea of what the price margin will be for New Zealand. I was thinking of going with a MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II or a Radeon 6950 which I believe has unlockable shaders. Maybe I should just hold off. The bandwidth on these cards look amazing.

11. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    in my opinion you should not buy a gpu in order to unlock shaders unless there is a dual bios switch make by the manufacturer, look at the phenom 2 how many people still hav a phenom 2 720 unlocked working? i don't think there's a lot of 4 core 720 still active, if AMD launch a gpu with less shaders there is a reason.

12. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Why not?? At worst he'll have a HD6950 anyway, and at best he'll have a HD 6970.

Really nothing to lose.

13. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    newegg is still listing 6950's for about $300. i thought they would be dropping by now if the 7000's are coming out next month. if a 7950 is going to go for around $350 i would wait and grab one of those in stead. also anyone know when they go on pre-order?

14. bobesko

bobesko Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6790 1GB
    Wasnt AMD supposed to give an official HD 7000 presentation today? I see no news anywhere.

15. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    A perfect buy would be a Sapphire 6950 TOXIC OC wich will for sure unlock into 6970 :) for much less

16. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Tomorrow I thought

Exactly.

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    All in all we can only wait now until there's a formal release, until then we will not know the FINAL prices and how much in % will the 6000 series decrease, though there's always a spike in demand when they are lowered in price and a decreased production rate as it becomes the older gen cards.... so i believe the best time to buy would be now.... (if you are in a hurry, if not you should wait for the 7000 series and get the best for your money ATM)

Edit: totally off topic... but I need some advice for my OC on the CPU. It seems I cannot go past 4.3 stable without rising the Vcore by quite a lot... what other options should I consider modifiying in bios?? is there a manual or step by step anyware for the P8Z68-V PRO mobo for OCing Sandy Bridge's i5 2500k?
    Is it ok If I try IBT for the first stability test, and then Prime95 to do a full, longer test if IBT passes ?

18. bobesko

bobesko Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6790 1GB
    I saw some leaked pictures of amd 7000 today on overclock.net. Anyone else seen this? Because in the meantime they removed it, but it still can be found in google search under pictures. Could they be real?

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes, but was only for the press etc..., and they'll be all under NDA, but i wouldn't be surprised if someone breaks it before long and leaks some of the info, just have to wait :p

20. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    I have only one question:

When we will have the first oficial benchmark with the HD79xx and the GTX670-680 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.