Realtek 8111E Ethernet Slow Data Transfer Issues!!!

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by xtremegamer, Dec 5, 2011.

1. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi....

The problem is slow data transfer over the ethernet,(to Sony Vaio Lap) Maximum speed is 11Mb/s , while my Old Mobo have Intel 82566 Ethernet which has a transfer speed of 55-60Mb/s , when i checked Realtek website it's advertised as capable of 1Gb/s then why im getting 11Mb/s.....

2. phaedrus2129

phaedrus2129 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon hd 4870
    Are the drivers installed for it?

3. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

yeah mate, sure latest i saw this problem mostly on Dell Laps which has a Realtek ethernet adapter......

4. phaedrus2129

phaedrus2129 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon hd 4870
    Are your internet speeds capable of utilizing the full potential of the adapter?.

5. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

6. phaedrus2129

phaedrus2129 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon hd 4870
  7. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

From my Intel Ethernet im getting 60mb/s transfering speed to My Sony Lap, but from realtek 11mb/s: Same Lan Cable......

8. phaedrus2129

phaedrus2129 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon hd 4870
    Can you please utilize correct grammar and punctuation, to the best of your ability; as it would be in all intents and purposes easier for me to assist, if i can understand what you said..
    if i get the jist of it, you ment your laptop gets lower speeds then your ethernet, if so, this is normal.

9. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

No no, When i connect my laptop to my Old System( which has an Intel Ethernet) i get good speed, around 60Mb/s here laptop is not the problem... Sorry for My English....

10. phaedrus2129

phaedrus2129 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon hd 4870
    You know what, the best thing i can say to you; is to let more people chip in to this, this isn't my area of expertise.

11. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

@phaedrus2129 k Mate thankz for helping!!!

Have a Nice day.....

12. att_user

att_user Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5870 2 GB
    1000 Mbps means 125 MBps. If you are getting 11 MBps transfer speed then you are probably on 100 BaseTx network connection at 100 Mbps.

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I have it and i have zero peoblems with it

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    How exactly are you connecting???

15. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi I used Cat5e Cable to connect laptop to my computer.......

16. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Always install the drivers from the manufacturer instead. Don't install it from the OEM, they tend to be outdated. Realtek has the latest drivers. My brother's PC and my media centre both have the Realtek 8111E with the Realtek drivers and I can tell you it can go 1 gbps lol.

Also make sure your Cat5e cable isn't longer than 30 feet, if it is, then you may have slight issues hitting gigabit speeds. You need a CAT6 cable for far transmission if you don't use a gigabit switch or hub in between.

deltatux

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  17. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

@deltatux Thankzz, yeah i installed drivers that came with my mobo Dvd, going to download from Realtek's site let me see.....

have a Nice day "Don Pinguccino" :)

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You should be using a crossover cable if you're connecting 2 computers directly to each other.