AMD Catalyst 11.11C "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 30)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    @xtremegamer .. PM sent ..

2. AOman

AOman Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5970HD
    Hello there,

You have a 5970 like me, can I please ask you something?
    Does Assasin's Creed Revelations work fine for you? For me it uses about 30% of each gpu. I faced this problem with Mafia II and AC brotherhood and actually most of the games I have. Now I believe that ATI crossfire setups are just a scam and it simply doesn't work for most games. If you look around you'll find most people with the same problem as it is actually ATI's fault (be it drivers or something else).

Can you please prove me wrong?

Thank you

3. mysteriomp

mysteriomp Member

GPU:
    5770 CF
    My 5770 crossfire have been total sh!T for the past few months.

I hate AMD and they suck so HARD!!!!! BURN AMD BURN!!!!!

4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    ---> userfailure :wanker:

5. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Hello

One popular misunderstanding is gpu usage and scaling. I said in my previous post that 99% usage does NOT mean good scaling. Good scaling is smooth experience and equal workload spread all gpus if possible. This is with 60+ fps.

Reasons for not having 99% gpu usage can be many. One of them is being limited by your cpu, this doesnt equal your cpu is slow. You can see games (esp. old ones) with 200fps and only 50% gpu usage. Other reasons are game engines, drivers themselves, our configurations meaning ccc options or in-game.

Assassins Creed games are not demanding for current cards. Remember also that they are ports and cpu power is more important. A 5770 can run the game fine at 1080p with good settings. Low gpu usage shouldnt matter if you are having a smooth experience (60fps for me).

You wanna see more gpu usage in that game? Probably you need to OC that cpu to the max or get a new one.

6. grimeleven

grimeleven Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870X2 2GB

Indeed i agree, especially when v-sync is enabled which limits your gpu usage because it "waits" for frames to be rendered.

I'm starting to hate my x2 even more, 11.11 WHQL gives 2x99% GPU all the time and i mean everywhere but zero scaling might as well just disable it.

Now with 11.11b/c i get scaling but with 45-90% usage random... make huge spikes in FPS. For Skyrim it was smooth, except for cities which made me revert to 11.11 WHQL + atiumdag.dll, for now but at least all other games are not broken in the process.

Lesson learned, no more CFX/Sli, going Nvidia next time, i miss my dead 8800GTX lol

7. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Getting this in L4D2, only game that does it, seems like a problem with the drivers

I go back to the drivers on the 3rd or 11.10's and it stops

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting this with 12.01 RC1's as well

EDIT: Seems that with the 11.11c and the 12.01RC1 drivers AMD has introduced tweaks for L4D2 and L4D2 alone, I don't see these issues in other games like TF2 or L4D1, and I see in the patch notes that L4D2 got paid attention too in this driver, so I think they messed something up

EDIT2: Video of it in action, looks like when they tweaked the shaders for L4D2 in the drivers it doesn't know how to handle pure white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHNLFv78vlU

EDIT3: Fixed it by verifying the game files

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
  8. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Got the same broken performance in SR3 and Skyrim. Only now in Skyrim, enabling CrossFire causes the display driver to constantly crash, ultimately leading in a BSOD within a minute unless the game is killed in task manager. GG AMD...

9. AxholeRose

AxholeRose Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5970
    I have the same card and i pwn both games. it might something on your end.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    With this driver I'm getting texture corruption (pink/blue textures on shields/armor/dragons) and crashes to desktop in Skyrim without any error. Anyone else getting this? Maybe I should reinstall Skyrim and wipe all mods. I do not use the latest CAP.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

11. EvArty

EvArty Guest

GPU:
    XFire 5770 925GPU 1300Mem
    Probably User/PC Configuration Problem

Ive been reading what has been said about the driver updates and 80% of them are blaming the drivers. Now Ive used all of these drivers myself and had very little problem with XFire setup of myne.

Only reason why I always use em is because of performance updates. When ever I have had XFire problems its usually a bit of playing required with the settings.

For instance Brink would not use more the 50% combined GPU usage on my setup, "Fix turn of ambient collusion". Skyrim same thing, put Anisotropic Filtering on 16x Samples everything else is maxed out(0 Antialiasing little to much for my PC). SWTOR Beta had everying maxed out and XFire just would not work and couldnt figure out how to get it to work, But I did notice a alot of shadow flickering, so i turned down the shadow quality to about half way and no more flickering and ontop of that XFire worked also. Battlefield 3 samething getting 55FPS AVG, 40FPS MIN, 70FPS HIGH.

It seem like these driver characteristics is if it "feels" the workload is not demanding enough it'll only use "x" amount of GPU %. By raising the quality itll push it to a bigger GPU %. Now the problem is it thinks it can do more without using as much GPU% or from a diffrent point it might be a power saving feature setting in sooner then what you'd like?!?!?

12. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Considering the sheer number of people still getting issues with these drivers? I sincerely doubt it.

13. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    Have you considered dual core vs. quad core? yourr config vs. others?

14. snorkel

snorkel Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon HD 3650
    Sorry for the dumb question, but is this a mobility modded driver?

15. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Why would I consider dual core vs quad core when I'm using a quad core CPU?

My laptop, which uses a GTX460M, gets better performance in SR3 and Skyrim than my desktop.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

16. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    Sorry, my fault for not realizing you had a quad core. Hope you get things figured out.

17. electronpn

electronpn Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 5770 in CF
    Here s my skyrim experience. I installed gamed with 11.10 WQHL with 11.9 cap4. I got 35 fps with CF on. Then i installed 11.11c (says support CF fo 5000) with no caps and i had 50 fps. I took one card out, still was 11.11c with no caps and i had the same fps. So, Andrew D catalystcreator said: FYI - 11.11c performance driver can be found here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst1111cperformance.aspx adds CF support for HD 5000 users in Skyrim, meant that u wont lose fps if u use CF. Beacause before 11.11c u get fps drop by CF. Now it s the same as with one card.
    http://twitter.com/catalystcreator
    In both cases, i got no shuttering,no anomalies good gameplay, only fps difference.

18. GalileoG

GalileoG Guest

GPU:
    HD5970
    So, I've finally given these drivers a try. No difference in FPS for Skyrim.

19. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Do only me use this with caps from 8.93 29 November? All games run nice, some perfomance issues with Batman and SR3 DX11 is still present, but Skyrim I ran today first time since 11.11 WHQL - and difference is amazing.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Got a massive FPS boost (and much more even FPS) by OCing my i7 to 3,6GHz :) Im so glad :) But i sill get CTDWE :( right now I cannot get out of Whiterun.