"AMD starts hiring world class SoC engineers"

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Kohlendioxidus, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    first good news in the last year from AMD (CPU division). It looks like AMD understood that you cannot stay "on line" without good engineering force in your company. Let's hope that we will see some improvements.

They just anounce 2 weeks ago that they release 1400 people but on the same time new engineers are recruted as warm bread.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-starts-hiring-world-class-soc-engineers/14113.html

I really do not understand what the new CEO have in his head. Let's hope for surprises.

Keep goin' AMD.....:3eyes:....don't let me down again.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Project WIN just sounds like fail. Not saying it won't succeed, but with a name like that, they have to fail, just for the epicness of the memes to come. For the community they should fail.

Still, abit late to bring in high quality Engineers. What, did you expect you could make up quantity over quality and beat Intel?

:p

Intel has both quantity & quality...can't really beat them in quantity, so AMD should try for quality, they might be able to do something if they really try.

3. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    Hahahaha AMD is funny now, taking more and more brains and when you reach "out of space limit" take some more - just to be shure !

surprise is just ahead ! :infinity:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They want SoC engineers so they can go after the mobile market....

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    though if you read the job description, they talk about client and server microprocessors. I think they might be misappropriating the term "SoC".

deltatux

6. Ali-K

Ali-K Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X
    I think they should build toilet seats instead of CPU's. It seems as AMD has been run by crab people in the last 5 years +. I meat WTF!? I built a lot of stuff and i still do but with enaugh funding, expertise, and research i could have gone to Mars till now (with human that is). If they FAIL again there wont be many FAILS left to FAIL.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Seeing as how AMD likes to design for the server/workstation market and "adjust" the designs for the desktop market. Maybe they've decided to switch to an SoC approach for their future processors. Their Fusion processors are headed in that direction anyway. Experienced SoC engineers should be good at designs that manage to be power efficient while performing well.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Do you like $1000 entry level CPU's????? If not then hope what they do is WIN. Intel needs competition to move foward at a good price point and AMD needs to make a product that clocks intel in the proverbial jaw so they don't get out of hand.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011