AMD Catalyst 11.11C "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 30)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. deviationer

deviationer New Member

No matter what you do means I'm not a frakin idiot.

"A Note About VSYNC"
    http://hardocp.com/article/2011/11/21/elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_performance_iq_review/3

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. GalileoG

GalileoG Guest

GPU:
    HD5970
    I'm going to install these drivers tonight. It looks like these are the best drivers to have been released in a while. I would be kissing AMD's feet for these if they weren't a full month late. AMD, you may think we're always on your case, but when you do release good drivers you will notice how positive this community can be.

3. AxholeRose

AxholeRose Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5970
    That's because the physics are tied to FPS. My FPS is around 50-80, with dips to 30's occasionally. I don't have any of those problems. I even set my timescale to 10 for a more realistic, less rushed pacing. ALso, read the last few pages of that thread. If you experience serious glitches, simply use an FPS limiter.

Anyways, i dont want to turn this into another heated vysnc discussion because there are pros and cons, and not everyone gets the same results. In a nutshell, Skyrim's v-sync limits you at 60 FPS, but if you ever drop below that, the vertical synchronization drops your framerate to half of your refresh rate, which could cause the game to feel sluggish. This is not very noticable until you actually play the game with vSync turned off, like i did, and you wont be able to go back.

As for screen tearing, simply enable triple buffering through d3doverrider. Works a charm for Skyrim. vSync is a personal preference, and is worth a tweak for the adventurous ones.

4. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    6650 XT 8GB
    Compared with 11.11b, these cause Flash videos to very briefly flash the screen black when starting them.

Edit: False alarm. Catalyst was underclocking the video memory during idle.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    11.11c is the best when I compared a and b.

6. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    CAP2 is needed with 11.11c and HD6990 in Battlefield 3?.

7. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC
    i noticed decent fps drop, with crossfire bf3, 2x6870's. something is broken with them. also was using 11.11 cap2's.

8. electronpn

electronpn Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 5770 in CF
    i totaly agree with you. Since BF3 got last patched CF is totaly useless. I might say i got BC2 huge scale problems with those drivers too. Furmark give me 55 FPS average on 720p benchmark which means CF is working fine. Think AMD is trying to solve common issue "BF3-Rage-Skyrim" neglecting other games. Plz, stop it !:stewpid:

9. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    battlefield 3 game never loads... I get a black screen and hear the sounds of battle..

--

Edit: NVM it was another issue causing this

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  10. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    so does this driver have its own version of CAPS or should we install 11.11 CAP 2

11. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    another game put on hold until it gets proper performance.

Batman Arkham City runs like crap both on dx 9 and 11, gpu usage doesn't go beyond 50%

sigh, I should start buying games a few months after release..

anyone with this game having better results with other drivers ?

12. VorianAtreides

VorianAtreides Active Member

GPU:
    CROSSFIREX/TOXIC6850/1GB
    No , you should buy the games on the day they are released; only difference is buy them on a console...SAD BUT TRUE.

13. KowaSkill

KowaSkill New Member

GPU:
    Xfx 9800 GX2
    This driver 11.11c Is Crashing Every time while playing BF3 !!! It´s a very bad driver !!! 11.10 was much better !!!! and faster ! And no bugs or crash !!!! Don~t download this driver for BF3

14. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    ^^

No, Batman AC runs excellent in DX9 with physx off. I even uninstalled physx after setting it off in the menu. No problems in the game.

Battlefield 3 runs excellent. Btw 99% usage DOES NOT mean good scaling.

I see a trend here. Most people blame drivers for anything, many of the issues can be caused by something else. I believe now for experience that is most of the time "User problem" and not drivers.

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    oh really? what s your configuration?

16. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    Agreed

17. BlueDream

BlueDream Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5970
    I had a lot of hitching/stuttering in bf3 when I tried these with the latest CAP. I'm using them with no CAP now and it feels better.

18. electronpn

electronpn Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 5770 in CF
    I got BF3 problem. Said before, when CF on, shuttering and lagging. FPs huge drop. When i turn CF off i got no shuttering and no lagging. Better FPS then with CF on. My comp is: u c CPU and GPU, 2x 2GB DDR2 1066, Sata2 HDD, rest doesnt matter. I change video setting in game to low and i got exact same issue, even same FPS. So, tell me if my comp is problem ?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  19. MassMurderer101

MassMurderer101 Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire hd6950 @xfire
    I have problems with my second 6950, the fan profile doesnt apply to it, just the first master card?? This is using msi afterburner beta9, anyone else? Or is it MSIAB that is at fault here?

20. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest