AMD Radeon HD 7950 and HD 7970 GPUs details

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Dec 2, 2011.

1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea Mkilbride I agree with you,But like you said its there money they throwing out the window.

Me on the other hand, the only time I upgrade is when something dies and I cant get a rma, or if I need to upgrade. I usually skip all those new cpu gpu upgrades until I really need them. Then if I need a gpu upgrade if I have a SLI mobo I would just buy another of the same and SLI them.

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

That's not possible i.e it doesn't add up if the memory data rate stays at 1.25Ghz for the HD 7950. It will be either 2GB vram or 3GB Vram, most likey the latter.

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    The 7970 looks really powerful

4. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Guest

GPU:
    New videocards are pointless until new DX comes out. =/

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    they are?

6. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    lol?

7. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    I think you mean pointless until new consoles come out to port from.

8. mcfart

mcfart Guest

GPU:
    HD 5970
    This lol. My 8800GT has no problem playing Saints Row 3, which just came out, and it runs way better then GTA4 did from 3 years ago. Really comes down to the quality of the port. There will be a huge jump in graphics once the NextBox comes out.

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Umh no. Superfast cards become more useful once again when the new consoles come out.

But still it's good that these are coming, as a die shrink will mean better efficiency and that is something which I want as the high-end cards are too thirsty and require high rpm cooling.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yup, whats the point in a new Dx version when were still stuck on Dx9, we won't move on from that until newer consoles come out, as they'll hopefully allow us to move on from it, to a newer version.

11. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    A graphics card is just a brick with out good drivers, and erm... AMD don't have a good history when it comes to drivers and are too slow with there crossfire support, so i wont be buying, i'm switching to nvidia in January.

12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Microstuttering sucks and I have been an Ati user since 8500...2002 with little problems.

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Dx11 is how long on the scene? Geez :p

i said it once back in 2010 and i'll say it again, it just started to spread it wings and these 28 dx11 games now are just the beginning. A warm welcome if i can say, the rest will follow. 2012+ is gonna be the real dx11 era, with some nice gfx like is suppose to..

Get over this lame console port thing, all i see now is console port this console port that, fck that.. play the damn game or stop playing for good..

Or better yet buy a console and play real console games and bitch about that how crappy it looks without aa/af/low textures and 30fps cap with huge frame tearing on big 145cm lcd hd tv.
    Im sure you will be more pissed then playing on a PC with a shoddy port.

14. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I want 4k shadows and textures in all games.

People are calling for 4k monitors but there is a lot of clarity still to be had in 1080p. If only developers would crank it up. With crappy DOF and overdone motion blur and now blur filter AA like FXAA etc they're doing all they can to cover my screen in vaseline.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Unless you can sell your current cards it's not worth really doing.

16. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Nvidia has just as many driver issues.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Let's not exaggerate here.

18. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    THIS. My opinion... I don't own a console and don't intend to (used to but found PC knowledge) Unfortunately for PC users companies won't ditch console ports because of profit. It's easier and more profitable to port a game than to have individual builds per platform.With a large user base who wants controllers(not keyboard and mouse) the priority goes to the most profitble, we as PC gamers are in the minority.(again just my opinion). I think unless we se a reversal in consoles vs. pc's we(pc users) will be stuck with console ports.

19. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    For the first year of Vista or so Nvidia's drivers caused 40% of all crashes.
    ___
    I could replicate BSOD with Ntune over and over again with a 8800GT just a few months back.

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You're thinking 2006 beta Vista which was an eternity ago.