Another Catalyst Control Center wont open thread concerning 11.11.....

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Bio Shock, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Bio Shock

Bio Shock Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6950
    ive searched all i can search and tried all i can try...........this is a last resort effort to find help with this

theres many threads on the internet about the 11.11 drivers (and previous revisions as of late) not allowing CCC or mom.exe to start......i dont know what else to do aside from an OS reinstall and id really rather not do that right now just to install a damned display driver

so heres the thing:

everything worked fine up until 11.11 drivers came out, this includes 11.11a, b, and now c

as always during an update, i uninstall the previous set, reboot to safe mode, run ccleaner and driver sweeper, reboot, install updated packages, reboot.......

11.11 just wont let ccc start......

i am logged in as admin, ive done this countless times over the years, i have .net framework up to date, as well as everything else in my system. ive tried the security tokens fix and i dont have the keys listed, ive tried downgrading and it still persists, ive tried renaming the repository under system32, tried manually starting the mom.exe process (which isnt being loaded by default btw like it should on startup) and it closes within one second of trying to manually run it in task manager so the issue is linked to that process somehow now starting...........ive tried literally every fix ive came across short of an os reinstall like i said before. im at my wits end with amd, if anyone has had this issue and knows of a way to get things working again id greatly appreciate some input on your side.

<---------- system info is over to the left

thanks in advance for anyone willing to try to help out

2. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    why people still go through these rituals to install drivers?

Just uninstall old driver, reboot as asked, install new drivers, enjoy.

Probably something that shouldnt have been deleted was deleted.

Try TWL cleaner and dont let windows install any driver. Then install your driver amd hope for best.

Good luck

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Bio Shock: master guru.. u mean after u installed the view log show yellow sign v error right? once i reboot, my ccc can't open due to cli.implementation after i delete all driver at device manager run as admin still facing view log showing yellow sign with error but when i viewed, it show ntg error! following i reboot guess what ccc is working.. maybe due to 8.93 nov 29 but now i using 11.11c~

4. Aph0tic

Aph0tic Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire5770&6770 1GB CFX
    Did you happen to install the new 8.93? If so, you have to do a certain ritual to remove it. I do not know what it is.

5. Bio Shock

Bio Shock Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6950
    i did get the error following install, as a matter of fact each and every release of 11.11 (a, b, and c) gives the error but as you said, the log says everything was successful and listed under errors at the bottom, there are none...........i have found this weird indeed, as device manager does report the upgraded driver in use....despite the error being reported during install

i usually tend to install most beta drivers, in this case it was for skyrim performance improvements

but i can say this, the ritual you describe to remove said driver for me was

format, reinstall windows, and dont buy another amd card.

i knew it would take alot of guess work and headaches out of the equation so i went ahead and formatted just to get it over with before i broke something by trying all these other suggestions on other forums that ive read

ive been a loyal amd customer for years, as you can see to the left in my system specs, i have a 'vision' as they call it, system running (catalyst control center changes its name to 'vision control center' if using all amd products) but i can say this, back when i had an nvidia card before making the switch to red, i never had issues like ive had with amd drivers especially as of late..........seems like in order to fix something new, they break 2 things old.......thats not advancement, that is a workaround.

im happy with the performance of the 6950 after upgrading from 3 4850s in tri fire (can i say more headaches than it was worth with that setup? ugh) but their software and drivers are awful. i can only imagine what the 'average joe' pc user would do if they ran into problems like these simply trying to update their drivers......as many many people have

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    bro is due to microsoft visual C++ 2010 redistributable.. maybe they r using different version. just minor error. u can tried un-ticked it.. the can't recognize the version so the error appeared. currently still playable.

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    delete any remaining ATI global assemblies...i constantly have this problem

c:\windows\Assembly

8. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I don't even uninstall anything before updating to a new driver. I just install in custom mode over the top with no problems whatsoever. The install manager does a very good job of detecting what needs to updated and what doesn't and behaves accordingly. No crossfire for me though, now or ever.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    bro.. how do i know which 1 is ati? i read some pages it said 90xxxxx but mine 77xxxxx only.. my view log still shown error due to C++ thang. i tried installed 11.11 WHQL for the stock then following with 11.11b > 11.11c found out CCC is there but can't open. so i uninstalled 1 by 1 (included driver at device manager) use driver sweeper + ccleaner + f8. so i straight away just install 11.11c it works but view log still show error. CCC can open. i update the vcredist_x64 & vcredist_x86 for c++ 2010 sp1! still doesn't solved this issue.

10. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    My buddy is an average joe when it comes to drivers and stuff. He owns a HD6950 that I recommended for him. He doesnt have a single issue and play many games. His current is AC:R and he hasnt mentioned a single problem.
    I think he still running 11.9. He doesnt pretend to be tech guy.:nerd:

11. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Try this..

1. extract the driver
    2. navigate to ..\Packages\Apps\CCC2\Core-Static\.
    3. right click ccc-core-static.msi and select repair.

12. Bio Shock

Bio Shock Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6950
    what? no......

did that, didnt work

if he had no problems then your post is irrelevant to the thread, has nothing to do with games whatsoever causing any problem, has to do with the 11.11 driver set.........as many people have reported, after installing, ccc does not work, neither does mom.exe which is required to run cc, hence it not loading in the first place

did that as well........didnt help

but as i said in my second post, i alleviated the problem and headaches by formatting, and reinstalling..........staying away from 11.11. i had to get the system back up as quick as possible and that was my only option.....

to be frank, people shouldnt have to go through this crap just to update their drivers.......amd's software is hideous and ive not been one to complain about them until this driver set, but now i see what all the fuss is about......up until this release, ive never had an issue with amd products, hence the reason i built a vision system to begin with for price/performance ratio

i will make a better judgement next time, i guess the old saying holds true 'you get what you pay for'. it may take a few years (as in my case) but eventually you will run into problems......its just a matter of time before amd's engineers and software devs screw up too many things through their drivers, and like i said before also, when they 'fix' one thing, they break 2 others......which isnt advancement, its a workaround. how many times did they fix the mouse bug, only for it to reappear during the next driver build????? EVERYONE had that problem and i seen many a thread on here about it with people complaining

but all is well, format, reinstall os, stay away from 11.11, and scrap amd next time around

thanks for the replys

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  13. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Doesnt cross your mind that maybe something else is affecting those EXEs?

Did you disable some services from Windows for example?

14. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    Because no matter what other way I do it I have problems. Everything from BSODs, to CC won't open, to overdrive not working, to settings not saving when you close CC. That is why I do the safe mode stuff. Otherwise AMD's installer fails somehow.

Nvidia at least didn't require me to do this, and again...I have tried it without the driver sweeper thing.

When I boot to safe mode and run driver sweeper, everything is A-ok.

15. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    If you use TWL cleaner, follow the instructions. Uninstall drivers normal from add/remove programs. Restart. Run TWL cleaner. DO NOT RESTART. Just install the drivers. Then restart.

Done.

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i had the c++ issue once, heres what i did:

i cleaned everything out, installed a WHQL package, then installed the beta ontop.

that way it wont replace the c++ package with the brocken one.

i read somwhere that the C++ package in all the Beta's is a developers version which is causing the probelms on production systems.

17. awhit1

awhit1 New Member

GPU:
    560TiHawk SLI
    you can also try what I used. Got BSODs installing/uninstalling drivers...

1. Download and save (not run) software
    2. Extract software but dont install yet
    3. Go to \ATI\Support\11.11..........\config
    4. Open the Installmanager.CFG file with notepad or any text editor
    5. Go to line Workaround=false and change to true
    6. now install drivers all should be fine

18. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I had problems with the Catalyst Control Centre not working with a clean install of 11.11c (the dependancy error).

What I did was download the CCC individually and ran that, however this did not work so I went to the CC2/Core-Static folder mentioned above and ran the .msi from there to finally have it available (repair wasn't availabe as it hadn't installed).

EDIT : I should add that the CC2 folder did not exist with the clean install of 11.11c, what gives?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  19. Zen3k

Zen3k Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770
    same issue here. nothing has worked updat ok the right click and repair on Core-Static worked for me. took the program like 2 min to open but it works now. thanks

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  20. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    And what to try install C++ from microsoft and delete the C++ in drivers?
    (delete folder VC10RT(x64) in Packages\Apps folder)