Jeremy Clarkson

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by enessel, Dec 1, 2011.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Jeremy Clarkson says something contentious. Never, no?, really?

Besides I agree with him.

2. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    This is the only show where you hear racist and other funny jokes without someone calling the cops.
    England is cool.

3. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    He's got a point, and he made it only as he knows how.

I agree with him.

The UK's unions want a fight with our government, and they are unwilling to accept that we all will have to work slightly longer as we are living longer. They called a strike whilst negotiations are still ongoing, and they only got 85% of the vote of the 33% percent of their members that bothered to vote for the strike.

Everybodies paying more and getting less, they should just STFU, hammer out a good deal and stop demanding the world.

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I'm not going to take the time to tell you everything that is wrong with the Government propaganda you just peddled, so lets keep this about Clarkson.

5. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I watched that live on TV and did nothing but a slight chuckle and forgot about it, as I'm so used to him saying stuff like that, and fortunately clever enough to know he doesn't REALLY want to shoot anyone... I mean cmon...

6. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
  7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    couldnt agree more Finch :thumbup:

8. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Clarkson doesn't script things I don't think. Hammond always has an earpiece in on Top Gear whereas Clarkson doesn't.

9. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Well I think Clarkson is usually funny.

However in this case was he talking seriously? Its one thing to bash Americans or Germans its another to talk about shooting people and denying the right to strike.

Well he apologized and I'm pretty sure he will think twice before he makes such outlandish comments about peoples lives.

10. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    I freakin' love Top Gear, I can't freakin' wait for the new season, and I don't give a **** about some random comment Clarkson made. Maybe he used the wrong choice of words, but I think more people need to puff...puff...pass and mellow the **** out. :toke:

11. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    just clarkson being clarkson ... not to forget he's far from being the brightest guy in britain even if he must have the coolest job in the world ...

12. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I'll still watch top gear of course. But really because of hamster.

LOL at being made a multi-millionaire by public TV and attacking people who work for a living though.

13. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    I'm going to be blunt - his comments are VERY similar to what a lot of Teabaggers in the U.S. have said.

And now realize that they hold political offices. Yes, **** is scary here sometimes.

- PR-0927

14. daffy101

daffy101 Active Member

GPU:
    7800XT
    Why be offended? The state of the UK as it is now we haven't hit the bottom of the credit crunch yet and trying to get a larger slice of non-existent money won't help. The labour government for every £4 it spent borrowed £3. we spent billions on two aircraft carriers that we didn't need and scrapped another one. The two new ones are now being refitted at our expense thanks to the previous government so the french navy can use them and we sold most of our Harrier force to the americans. You want to be angry at someone look at the past government who screwed us over so badly.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

i think the guy has his moments. ive been watching his career ever since i was a kid. but lets be real here, jeremy clarkson doesnt think twice. his track record speaks for that. this was not the first time he has made a comment like this and i can guarantee it wont be his last.

16. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I commend him for his words. Unions are no longer viable or helpful to any worker.

17. JBCool

JBCool Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Credible source, please?

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I thought it was funny.

It seems the only issue they had was that he said it before the watershed and children might have thought he was being serious.
    Adults have no excuse for their own reasoning, fair enough if you dont like him but its not difficult to be rational over this.
    Its not like this isnt expected of him either, he's well known for speaking out in this manner.

Big fuss over nothing.

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yeah if you been watching Clarkson over the years then you'd know he wasn't being serious, but to others it might not be so obvious. Though he's apologised and hopefully this will all blow over.

20. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Unions are why we have the protections we have now and why the continue to exist. We need organizations to fight for the worker, as corperations do a very good job representing themselves. This goes double since citizen's united.
    Since the decline of unions, workers are worse off. The rich-poor divide is huge, fewer and fewer jobs give basics like health insurance, and when they do, it is terrible, and no one gets pensions anymore.
    Very few of you will remember the way things were 20-30 years ago, but these are massive losses and they can be linked to the decline of the union. Very few people get all these benefits today, though they were commonplace for our parents or grandparents, unless they're union.
    And before you say they're unaffordable, remember that this period was one of the most wildly successful for business and the economy.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011