Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i wonder if anyone here bought the game and now dont play it and why?

2. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Is the hyper threading stutter fixed already?

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @biggie: I bought it like a month ago but only played it for 3-4 hours once each week since then (I also completed the sp though).
    It's fun with friends but doesn't work at all (for me) solo and gets repetitive after a while.
    Most servers still have the same pattern they already used in BC2, playing a map twice so each team gets to play either side. Might make sense in Rush but doesn't seem logical to me in Conquest (apart from the different weapons and the corresponding unlocks).
    The movement got much better after the recent update but some of the vehicular warfare got far worse (infantry-based AA is basically useless). Maybe the upcoming B2K map pack will get some people back but I guess this game won't hold up for more than half a year (of course some people will keep playing, 70-80% of the people who played right after launch will be gone by then though.
    I don't play MW3 either at the moment though as I'm waiting for a playlist update, the maps don't look all that great too.
    I don't really know why but to me both "contenders" f**ked it up for good this time.

@ouzo: You should be able to fix that either by enabling EIST/Speedstep in Bios or disable core parking in Windows.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thanx for this answer man. i really want to buy and play this but dont know. dont see a reason.

And yes, MW3, its not bad but dont know . i look something MORE to get me into the game.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Exactly. I played more MW2 after its launch, I played more BC2 after its launch, I played much more BO after its launch. I even played more MoH when it was "fresh" :D
    Somehow it doesn't kick in or I'm simply getting old, I really don't know... :D
    I'm quite sad my BO server subscription ran out and there's no one left to play this. It surely wasn't perfect but it was great fun without a doubt.

Btw., if you want to get BF3 you should look out for a sale. They sold it for 30$ on Origin lately and it's listed for "Cyber Monday" on Amazon today (at least here).
    It's fun with friends, really, and gets better with each person you know to join the server. Auto balancing cuts it down though and it doesn't work at all if you're alone, no teamwork and most of the "fun things" simply don't work with only one person.

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti

7. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb

8. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I'll look into this one. Ty

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    any one know when the next patch is being released but getting 4 ctd in a row as I join the server is becoming a nuisance when I never had them before the recent patch.

10. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Yes. It got fixed by the latest patch.

11. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I had very little stutter after the patch, but with the help of disabling core parking the game is absolutely smooth, with hyper threading enabled.

:banana:

12. bm010

bm010 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Thank you Ouzo, you just fixed my hitching/stuttering problem with BF3 when using HT. Why the hell was this "feature" on by default in Win7 -- especially on a high performance desktop with only 1 power scheme.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  13. MonGreL

MonGreL Member

GPU:
    Asus 6950/6970 @950/5600
    More bugs than a jungle BBQ

Singleplayer is unbearably linear (when it works) I'd had enough soon after the "air combat mission" where you sit in the back of a plane and look out of the window for 10 mins occasionally firing rockets and dropping flares.

Dunno if I've just been unlucky with servers but the multiplayer feels really unbalanced.

Finally gave up the fight today, fed up being one of DICE's many thousands of beta testers and sorry to say BF3's on Ebay tomorrow !!

Shame because had they put as much effort into making a good, solid, balanced game as they did into making it a graphically pleasing experience then I'd be singing it's praises.

14. ReLaps3

ReLaps3 Banned

GPU:
    XFX HD5770 1gig ddr5
    I dont see why you have to give up all hope with the game...it has its flaws just like BF2 did and BF2 was terrible right at launch...they game will get fixed, just give it some time.

Also I hope you arent basing your "BF3" sucks opinion on how good or bad you are in the multiplayer....Alot of ppl who arent good at the game are the 1st ones to bash it and abandon it.

15. GPU

GPU Guest

"Finally gave up the fight today, fed up being one of DICE's many thousands of beta testers and sorry to say BF3's on Ebay tomorrow !!"
    -another nerd loss from bf3 ranks based on his post , a shame really , could he have posted some thing that made sense might of added to this thread.

16. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    Yeah i love the m249, no people in my clan play support, so someone needs to drop ammo around. But my favourite weapon by far at the moment, is the MP412 Rex. It just feels so satisfying to take people down with it :banana:

17. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Don't thank me, thank Radical :)

Don't know. Maybe MS thinks it's flawless, and doesn't see a need to disable it on "performance power scheme"?

Anyway. No more disabling hyper threading :banana:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  18. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I still find it funny that people think all weapons should be perfectly balenced. Whats the point of having multiple weapons then?

Also, I tried to warn everyone about Dices horrible track record with BF launches; all their BF games take around 6 months to a year to reach stability...

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Balanced doesn't mean "equal" in form of "the same".
    Weapons should be different but there shouldn't be a "best" weapon. Think of two guns where one has the higher damage per bullet and the other has a higher fire rate. You can add kick, spread and magazine size to make them totally different. None of them "has" to be better though. You could even go further and give them different ads times, reload times and weapon swap times.
    This way different types of players have a chance to find a weapon to perfectly suit their playstyle without having a weapon being "op" to everyone.

20. GandraZz

GandraZz Guest

GPU:
    555m 2GB 665/1330 FHD
    ^ +1
    I also dont like how vehicles on both sides are equal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.